MUSIC THREAD

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Re: MUSIC THREAD

Post by Medtner »

I just woke up about a week ago and thought, why not make a recording? So I set forth with various cameras, and after some editing, here is the result.

3 Gymnopedies by french composer Erik Satie, performed by yours truly. :-)

Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Wonderful stuff guys! :) I have to confess that Satie is more to my taste than Alice in Chains, but it's terrific to see the great range of talent on display from our community members here. All the more so for me, as I possess about as much musical aptitude as a pinto bean.

It's also great to see that the COVID-19 restrictions around the world aren't stopping you guys from making music. :)

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Nick - A2A wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 15:56 Wonderful stuff guys! :) I have to confess that Satie is more to my taste than Alice in Chains, but it's terrific to see the great range of talent on display from our community members here. All the more so for me, as I possess about as much musical aptitude as a pinto bean.

It's also great to see that the COVID-19 restrictions around the world aren't stopping you guys from making music. :)

Thanks,
Nick
Yeah, this is a varied bunch of people - some are repaint-masters, some are programming-geeks, some are test-pilots (IRL or VR), some are musicians (by hobby or professionally - we're all amateurs: "lovers of the art"), some have retired from working life into a sim-pit where they are doing amazing flights. Melting pot is what this is. I just hope to see some gender diversity here as well - that can only expand the variety of expression we have here. :-)

Now, off to do some flying in the lovely, lovely, lovely Bonanza! :-D
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Very nice, Erik!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Talk about being in harmony and one with the instrument. Very nice Erik. Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

Bruce66
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bruce66 »

Medtner wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 14:48 I just woke up about a week ago and thought, why not make a recording? So I set forth with various cameras, and after some editing, here is the result.

3 Gymnopedies by french composer Erik Satie, performed by yours truly. :-)

Brilliant! Thank you for posting this! :D

I love the music of Satie and play those pieces myself (but at a miserably poor standard in comparison to yourself!)

Cheers!
Gaming Computer

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Six Core CPU
Gigabyte X570 GAMING X: ATX
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti Windforce2 4GB GDDR5
Display: 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor

Bruce66
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bruce66 »

And now for something Completely Different! :mrgreen:

Here is my friend Paul's most recent adventure recording:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW8CedqDu7M

Winter is long in Canada....
Gaming Computer

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Bruce66 wrote: 08 Apr 2020, 10:19 And now for something Completely Different! :mrgreen:

Now that was indeed completely different. How magnificent! How alarmingly scary! How funny! How inspiring! How creative!

That boot instrument... I can’t unsee it... I will watch it again instead. :-D

Thanks for posting this!
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

Buffalo Alien
Airman

Post by Buffalo Alien »

Heilung | LIFA - Fylgija Ear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJvcN41H3Is
P3Dv5, DCS World, ED Odyssey, MSFS PC & Xbox Series X. Win 11 23H2, ASRock B550AM, AMD Ryzen7 3700X 3.6 GHz, AMD Radeon RX5700, 64 GB DDR4 3000 MHz, ASUS TUF 23.8 x2, TM Hotas Warthog, TM TFRP, Xbox Elite Controller 2, TM TFlight Hotas One, MX Mech.

Bruce66
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bruce66 »

Medtner wrote: 08 Apr 2020, 13:33
Bruce66 wrote: 08 Apr 2020, 10:19 And now for something Completely Different! :mrgreen:

Now that was indeed completely different. How magnificent! How alarmingly scary! How funny! How inspiring! How creative!

That boot instrument... I can’t unsee it... I will watch it again instead. :-D

Thanks for posting this!
Yes, playing gigs - and music generally - with Paul was some of the best times of my life!
Gaming Computer

BPL
Staff Sergeant

Post by BPL »

I agree with Nick that it's wonderful to see such a range of musical talent from our fellow forum members. Erik and AviationAtWar, both of you are amazingly talented and very enjoyable to watch! I wish I had your musical abilities! As Erik said, this is a varied bunch, and I like variety in music. (And, Bruce66, that video you posted was great and, yes, very different! Thanks for posting it! :D )

Speaking of variety in music, one of my favorite bands is the Swedish progressive death metal/progressive rock band Opeth. Their sound incorporates many disparate influences and can range anywhere from death metal to prog rock to folk (often in a single song). Even if extreme metal isn't your cup of tea, give them a listen and see what you think, because they have a little something for just about everyone. The first 3 songs below are on the heavier side (while still having softer sections, as is typical for Opeth). The last 3 songs are on the softer side. If you want to see them performing live, check out the 3rd and 4th videos below. (Forgive me for spamming the thread with 6 songs, but I just couldn't narrow it down to 1 or 2! :) )

"The Drapery Falls"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeTNkPXRrVY

"Ghost of Perdition"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDBykpSXsSE

"Demon of The Fall (LIVE)"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS-sVOJTC9s

"Windowpane (LIVE)"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LMxLIcRWy8

"Benighted"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPUi2EFgvWU

"Isolation Years"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-RMRtQ4BVE

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Wrong posting. Ignore...
Last edited by Medtner on 11 Apr 2020, 07:14, edited 1 time in total.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Inspired by the great music of Franz Liszt, and also by the Easter holidays, I went forth and spent the whole of yesterday, Good Friday, doing this recording.
1/2 hour setting up the recording, 1 hour at the piano, 12 hours editing.

«Via Crucis» is inspired by the 14 stations of the cross, and is very relevant for the Easter holidays that many cultures are celebrating.
This is a really strange work, but magnificent and very inspired. Even I, a staunch atheist, can feel the story, and understand the inspiration it has given people.

Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

curtis72561
Staff Sergeant

Post by curtis72561 »

How much better these guys would have been if not for Dave Williams untimely death.

Beeachcraft V35 Bonanza, Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, Cessna C-172 Skyhawk, Cessna C-182 Skylane, Curtis P-40, North American P-51D Mustang Civilian
North American AT6 Texan, Piper PA-28 Cherokee, Piper PA-24 Comanche, Piper J-3 Cub, Supermarine Spitfire

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

If I recall his last show was in my home town.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”