Full GTN integration with the Connie?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
addman
Staff Sergeant

Full GTN integration with the Connie?

Post by addman »

Will there be a similar kind of GTN integration (2D and 3D integration) in the Connie as it were with the later accu-sim releases? I know some might not like the idea of modern Avionics in a vintage plane but it sure would help on those longer trips over oceans and stuff.

Cheers!/Andreas
Cheers!/Andreas

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Full GTN integration with the Connie?

Post by Scott - A2A »

We intend to, as we are making the plane as it might exist and fly today. If someone doesn't like using a GPS, they don't need too and can exclusively use the older equipment. So the user has the options.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

That sounds great Scott, I'm planning to buy the GTN 750 and just needed the confirmation, thanks!
Cheers!/Andreas

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

The GTN 750 is not only useful for navigation, its utilities pages are a trove of useful tools, including (but not only) to calculate the descent profile. Please Scott, don't do the 650 integration only like in the T6, as its rather expensive to buy the GTN twice for those having the 750 :) .
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Scott - A2A wrote:We intend to, as we are making the plane as it might exist and fly today. If someone doesn't like using a GPS, they don't need too and can exclusively use the older equipment. So the user has the options.

Scott.
Nice! FSX works best as a modern airspace simulation, so it's great to be able to fly a classic with current avionics. Very much appreciated.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant
Location: EX- Christchurch now called "Wobblyville" New Zealand

Post by Ian Warren »

That is one of the things I like with navigation table and setup on the Stratocruiser, I think the great part also I acquired old Air New Zealand airline charts used around 1978, tho outta date they are fun to use beside you as you navigate the Tasman Sea , I have never progressed any further but have complete sets the airline used on there routes in that period to go into Asia and all around the world.

Shalomar
Staff Sergeant

Post by Shalomar »

Untill I read this thread I was not planning to buy the Connie. I figured I would just enjoy the fruits of the labor in an updated B377. Now I think I will change my mind...

Donald
Virtual Avgas fits my budget...

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I guess I'll be that guy ( sorry Scott) will the B377 be retrofitted to accept the GTN's?

It has become worth it to purchase the GTNs now that they can be used in the c172, c182, pa24, pa28, t6, p51, connie. If you buy the gtn650 thats roughly $7 extra per plane. The gtn750 is still $12.50 extra per plane
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

Scott - A2A wrote:We intend to, as we are making the plane as it might exist and fly today. If someone doesn't like using a GPS, they don't need too and can exclusively use the older equipment. So the user has the options.

Scott.
Is this part of the extension of new tech that will carry over to the 377?

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Scott.
That's great. Very much appreciate the information.

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

I suppose the default GPS's will be included as well??
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Aymi
Staff Sergeant

Post by Aymi »

Scott.
This is interresting. If the airplane comes with an advanced autopilot, that means that we might be able to do most of the flight in the FE seat :D
Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul

mgr
Staff Sergeant

Post by mgr »

Hello Scott,
Scott.
Good to hear, hope the option does also count for the autopilot? Something like the 140 from the C182 would be very handy.

Which real-life Connie will you take as a basis (if any)? There are not much flying. One of the few:

Regards,

Marcel

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

What kind of autopilots, if any, are installed into the still-flying vintage propliners, BTW? I'd figure the maintaining of the original system where in place might not be too viable.

-Esa

mgr
Staff Sergeant

Post by mgr »

Hi,

Think the closed you gonna get is the "Red Bull" DC-6 (OE-LDM). Which still flies (or has flown untill recent years) full IFR flightplan so far as i know.

Marcel

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”