FSX-SE and UT2 issue

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Johnwag
Airman

FSX-SE and UT2 issue

Post by Johnwag »

Not an A2A issue but I'm hoping someone can help with an issue I'm having..

I've upgraded to a new PC and trying to load my add-ons. New PC uses FSX-SE on Win 10 Pro.

I've installed UT2 and it appears to work fine. But each time I start FSX I get the following message..
"Flight Simulator is attempting to start UT2 (version 2.1.0.0, Config Entry Number 2). Do you want to run this program? I:\Steam\s teamapps\common\FSX\...\UT2Services.exe

Clicking yes to that window allows UT2 to load and it works fine after that. I didn't have to do that step in the previous PC with FSX boxed and Win 7 so I'm finding this a bit of a nuisance.

I think when I installed UT2 I inadvertantly didn't run as administrator but I've now changed and checked that the UT2Services file and Ultimate Traffic 2 etc under Security, all users have all the permissions. UAC settings set to Never notify.

Do I really need to have that UT2 load window pop up each time I start FSX or is there a way I can avoid it or fix it? Or do I need to uninstall UT2 and re-install running as administrator?

Hope someone can help.
Thanks
John

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: FSX-SE and UT2 issue

Post by MarcE »

Hi John,

is it an FSX or a Windows notification?

if it is an FSX window you might get rid of it with an entry in the fsxse.cfg. I think google might help when searching for the name of the alert in combination with the needed cfg addition as there are many notifications that are set to true (allowed) inside the cfg. .

inside the fsx.cfg it should look similar to this:

[Trusted]
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll=1
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_CEN4\Scenery\ObjectFlow_cen4.dll=1
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll=1
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll=1

If it is a windows note it MIGHT be a firewall problem... but I'm not sure on this..

Greets,
Marc

Johnwag
Airman

Post by Johnwag »

Thanks for that Marc.

I believe it's a Windows notification I looked in the FSX.cfg file and I can see an entry for Ultimate Traffic\UTServices =1 in the [trusted] section. It's the same notification/permission window that you normally get after a new addon when FSX first launches.

I've tried launching FSX/UT2 with antivirus turned off - permission required window still comes up. Windows Defender is not activated so I dion't think that's the cause.

I'll try an uninstall of UT2 and reinstall and if that doesn't cure it then I think I'll just have to live with this little nuisance.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards
John

Johnwag
Airman

Post by Johnwag »

I think I found the solution. I changed an entry in the FSX EXE.xml file. 6th line <launch.manualload>true</launch.manualload> True needed to be changed to false. No FSX along with UT2 starts without having to say yes to that permission window.

Thanks
John

dave92211
Airman Basic

Post by dave92211 »

Johnwag wrote: 22 Aug 2016, 02:19 I think I found the solution. I changed an entry in the FSX EXE.xml file. 6th line <launch.manualload>true</launch.manualload> True needed to be changed to false. No FSX along with UT2 starts without having to say yes to that permission window.

Thanks
John
Thanks, great tip, this trick did it! I know its an old thread, but still.... UT2 is fine for me otherwise, no need for new traffic software...

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”