does p3d new update 3.4 works good with a2a aircrafts ?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: does p3d new update 3.4 works good with a2a aircrafts ?

Post by bladerunner900 »

AKar wrote:It appears that Orbx is (again) making a significant change in their system, so I'd guess it may be the best idea to wait for their "next big change" before reinstalling all the stuff.

-Esa
Indeed. My next full install will be when they release version 4, provided the A2A Spitfire works in it of course. Otherwise I may not bother at all. :wink:
maria2244 wrote:i copied the real fsx.exe file from my fsx steam to p3d
same proplem not installing

also used the registry repair tool not installing

my question
can i just install it to my fsx steam then move the files manualy to p3d ?
what files do i need to move ?
You could try that, but you'll have a devil of a time finding the files to transfer and even then, you may not get them all.

What I have found better, sometimes, is to have an empty folder with just the FSX.exe in it, then try and install into that. If it works, you will be able to transfer them over. Unfortunately, because of other things happening in the registry it doesn't always work, so you may still be disappointed. What I do then is to 'bite the bullet' and move on, leaving behind that old obsolete piece of software.

Cheers.
Steve.

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

AKar wrote: It appears that Orbx is (again) making a significant change in their system, so I'd guess it may be the best idea to wait for their "next big change" before reinstalling all the stuff.

-Esa
They don't make any change in the structure of the scenery files in the sim as they did with the unified LClookup which btw was kind of a blessing. They stop selling through the Flightsimstore to go direct. Your already purchased sceneries either

- could stay in your FSS account and you would use FTXC v2 but not be able to buy anything anymore from OrbX

- or be available in a new account in the new OrbX store with the new FTXC v3.

yOu will need to make the choice but the files themselves would be identical except that, in the second case, they would come without a wrapper.

So I am not sure that waiting for the "big change" helps you in any way :) .
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Dominique wrote:So I am not sure that waiting for the "big change" helps you in any way :) .
As I understand their news, the new v3 "Central" will handle the downloading and installing of the products automatically. Beats unzipping and running gazillion wrappers by wide margin nowadays as their products have infested my regular sim installation in large numbers. :)

-Esa

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

AKar wrote:
Dominique wrote:So I am not sure that waiting for the "big change" helps you in any way :) .
Beats unzipping and running gazillion wrappers by wide margin
-Esa
can't say that you're wrong here :D !
Dominique
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

AKar wrote:
As I understand their news, the new v3 "Central" will handle the downloading and installing of the products automatically. Beats unzipping and running gazillion wrappers by wide margin nowadays as their products have infested my regular sim installation in large numbers. :)

-Esa
That'd be nice, I hope it's there soon. For some scenery updates it seems to do that already but not everything, and certainly not installing it the first time which is the heaviest.

---

Otherwise, installed the Client and Content updates, ran the Spitfire and it was perfectly fine, phew :)
ASN is still not compatible with 3.4 though, there's a beta hotfix but that sounds a little too experimental to me ;) I suppose they're trying to push the 2016 version forward.
Accu-Sim: B-17G, C172, C182, Cherokee 180, Comanche 250, Civilian P-51, Spitfire MkI/II, T-6, CotS Constellation, CotS B377
System specs: Win10 x64 | CPU: i7-10770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: RTX 3070 | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

So just to be clear...I could update from 2.5 to 3.4 (buying 3, of course) with NO problems with the Spitfire?

AS16 would then be the go?
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

Redglyph wrote:
AKar wrote:

-Esa
That'd be nice, I hope it's there soon. For some scenery updates it seems to do that already but not everything, and certainly not installing it the first time which is the heaviest.

---

Otherwise, installed the Client and Content updates, ran the Spitfire and it was perfectly fine, phew :)
ASN is still not compatible with 3.4 though, there's a beta hotfix but that sounds a little too experimental to me ;) I suppose they're trying to push the 2016 version forward.
The beta hotfix is used by everyone that uses ASN and AS16 with P3D version 3.4, and nobody is having any problems. Hifi always does updates that way, they release the beta, and a few weeks later, the beta becomes the regular update.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

Redglyph wrote: ASN is still not compatible with 3.4 though, there's a beta hotfix but that sounds a little too experimental to me
Have you heard of any specific difficulty with ASN "hot fixed" to 3.4 ? I didn't see any complaint on their forum. Hifi always releases a beta patch for ASN which stays up for weeks before they release the final hot fix. It generally works OK. My experience from version 2.3. at least

Now that all my addons seem fixed, I am gonna upgrade to 3.4. but couldn't do without ASN...
Dominique

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

Killratio wrote:So just to be clear...I could update from 2.5 to 3.4 (buying 3, of course) with NO problems with the Spitfire?

The Accu-Sim Spitfire works very well with P3D 3.2, I've been using it for months. I just ran it on 3.4 without any problem, it wasn't an extensive test though.

I didn't have to install it in 3.4 since I made a client update of P3D. With 3.1 and 3.2 it was very easy, just create or copy any file to where the Prepar3D.exe is located (the main installation directory) with the name "fsx.exe", and give that path to the Accu-Sim installer, like you probably did with 2.5. Then install the latest Accu-Sim update. No reason it should be any different with 3.4, the directory structure is the same.

So no, you shouldn't have any problem, but there's always the risk the next version will break compatibility.

I don't have AS16 so I can't say, Rex was onto something as promising if not more, but when it will be out is another matter.
Accu-Sim: B-17G, C172, C182, Cherokee 180, Comanche 250, Civilian P-51, Spitfire MkI/II, T-6, CotS Constellation, CotS B377
System specs: Win10 x64 | CPU: i7-10770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: RTX 3070 | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

bobsk8 wrote:The beta hotfix is used by everyone that uses ASN and AS16 with P3D version 3.4, and nobody is having any problems. Hifi always does updates that way, they release the beta, and a few weeks later, the beta becomes the regular update.
Dominique wrote:Have you heard of any specific difficulty with ASN "hot fixed" to 3.4 ? I didn't see any complaint on their forum. Hifi always releases a beta patch for ASN which stays up for weeks before they release the final hot fix. It generally works OK. My experience from version 2.3. at least

Now that all my addons seem fixed, I am gonna upgrade to 3.4. but couldn't do without ASN...
Well, good to know, I'll give it a try. Thanks both! :)

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Killratio wrote:So just to be clear...I could update from 2.5 to 3.4 (buying 3, of course) with NO problems with the Spitfire?

I have this problem with the Spitfire in P3D. When switching the lights on and off. It's been the same for me since v2.0.

AS16 and ASCA works fine though.

Cheers.
Steve.

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

But so the update won't create any problem, just not solve this one.

It's a weird one, looks like a 3D engine / GPU shader problem. Don't you have that with other aircraft? :shock:

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Thanks Guys!

Redglyph
3.x didn't seem to give any significant benefit, for mine, over 2.5. That is why I never upgraded. But now IF AS16 can be made to work with the new cloud structure and "in cloud movement" type effects, it will become a real possibility for me. When I finally get some time, I may have to re-visit the

Steve...
A very strange problem with the lights, for sure but I don't use navigation lights (there's a war on don't you know :) :) :) ) so not a killer for me. I have noticed that in 2.5 the nav lights are completely in the wrong place on the aircraft (stream a couple of feet behind the wingtips IIRC) but again, no biggy for me. I have put your other query in beta and will do with this one as well,

cheers guys, you HAVE helped greatly with my upcoming decision on upgrade.

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Redglyph wrote:But so the update won't create any problem, just not solve this one.

It's a weird one, looks like a 3D engine / GPU shader problem. Don't you have that with other aircraft? :shock:
It hasn't been solved yet but you must remember, the Spitfire is not a P3D aircraft and neither are the other A2A Warbirds, so they won't be officially supported. Also, I don't get this problem in FSX of FSX: Steam.

There's definitely some incompatible shader or dll somewhere. I have four A2A Warbirds in P3D. The Spitfire, P-40, P-51, B-17 and they all have the same problem. Except the P-51. For some unknown (to me) reason it doesn't suffer this nav. light glitch. Guess it got some extra love and attention along the way. :wink:

Cheers.
Steve.

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

I wonder is the person with the problem has tried deleting the shaders which is always a good idea once in awhile. Just make sure you delete the correct shader folder.

â–º Computer â–º Local Disk (C:) â–º Users â–º your user name â–º AppData â–º Local â–º Lockheed Martin â–º Prepar3D â–º Shaders
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”