Thank you and sadly goodbye.....

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
T6flyer
Staff Sergeant

Thank you and sadly goodbye.....

Post by T6flyer »

After years and years of simming going from FS1 all the way up to FSX, I have decided to call it a day and have removed the simulator from my PC. For years it was all for me, I used nothing else was so keen and then if it wasn't for A2A taking me on as 2nd Consultant on their wonderful T-6 project, then I think I would have packed it all in there and then. I can't thank you all enough for your help and guidance, but now it is time for me to move on.

Some of you will know that I am heavily involved with the T-6 - for over 30 years now and as we stand am more busy than ever, even taking me into a full time dream job. So with all that is going on, I simply don't have all the time to sit down and use the sim. All of my software has been donated to a ATC Squadron for their new system and my controls and hardware are off to a local Museum for their in-house simulator.

It's been a pleasure knowing everyone here and I will try and pop in every now and again. May I wish you all the best for the future.

Best wishes and Happy Landings,

Martin
www.gateguardsuk.com

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Thank you and sadly goodbye.....

Post by MarcE »

Martin,

all the best for you and a lot of respect for your decision! I am curious, may I ask for your age? Because being almost 30 years old I would probably not have the "far-sightedness" to do such a step after that amount of money and time.. Maybe I am too selfish for that :roll:

Greets and happy landings with the T6

Marc

T6flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by T6flyer »

MarcE wrote:Martin,

all the best for you and a lot of respect for your decision! I am curious, may I ask for your age? Because being almost 30 years old I would probably not have the "far-sightedness" to do such a step after that amount of money and time.. Maybe I am too selfish for that :roll:

Greets and happy landings with the T6

Marc
49...... :) I can't explain why and how have just stopped. Was so involved with the T-6 project here and then 'work' started to appear again as to colour schemes and histories that just lost all interest in the sim world. To be involved in the A2A T-6 was for me the icing on the cake and therefore I thought and do believe couldn't be bettered. The end of a wonderful time and for me now, the start of something new, being paid for what I love, working with vintage aircraft. Perhaps one day I will come back and I will follow all on here. I'm not going away, just be more of a bystander. Best wishes to you all.

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by cflord »

Goodbye Martin, we'll miss you. Good luck with your new endeavors.

Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer & Mechanic :)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Feel free to drop in and keep us updated on the job, would love to see some images of the replicas you buys are producing!

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Best of luck to you, Martin! It has truly been a joy to see your work and your passion through these pages. Good things do happen to those who follow their heart. So, I must echo the others and insist you keep us posted!

JP

T6flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by T6flyer »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Feel free to drop in and keep us updated on the job, would love to see some images of the replicas you buys are producing!

cheers,
Lewis
Here are a few tasters:

Point Cook Spitfire Mk.VII

Westland Lysander for the new Brad Pitt film "Allied" to be released next month

Spitfire and Hurricane - RAF Bentley Priory

and a F-35 crew trainer for the Royal Navy.

No day is the same and am at the moment looking at the possibility of a P-47 for a South American customer!

Cheers,

Martin

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Best of wishes from me too Martin. It was a lot of fun and very informative to hear from your insights of the T-6. Please stop by from time to time and say hi.

Sebastian
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Best of luck with your future endeavours Martin - sounds like a great opportunity and I guess we all need to refocus now and again. Hopefully we'll see you back in future. :)

Cheers,
Nick

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Good luck! Hope to see you passing through here from time to time.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

ft
Staff Sergeant

Post by ft »

Playing with planes for a living does tend to put a dent in the time and energy available for simming. :D

Thank you for what you did for the A2A T-6 - it is nothing short of awesome. Don't be a stranger, I for one certainly would not mind an update like the above every now and then!

Regards,
/Fred
Be warned: Aero engineer, real life pilot, sim programmer. Nothing good can come out of that.

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant
Location: EX- Christchurch now called "Wobblyville" New Zealand

Post by Ian Warren »

Great to have your input with the Harvard, Martin, you have 'one hell' of a job, a plane lovers dream, looking forward to see other posting and pic's, into Wigram tomorrow morning for a 'photo reconnaissance mission' :D plane nutters talk for a few aircraft photo's, when you head to New Zealand you know were to come for the RnR :)

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Good luck and godspeed
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Good luck Martin and thanks for all the patient help you gave us and indeed A2A.

Regards Chris

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”