Aviation lost a true friend this morning

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
jclay13
Senior Airman

Re: Aviation lost a true friend this morning

Post by jclay13 »

Dudley,

My condolences on the loss of your friend. What a privilege it must have been to have known such an amazing pilot and person.

Jonathan

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

As sad as it is, I don't think anybody can complain about a life of 94 years so rich as his.

He was the best pilot there ever was, a product of his times, and there may never be another like him. To steal an enemy fighter right off their base because you don't like being a POW; to test fly such a great myriad of aircraft at a time of high-pace aircraft development; to perform an unreplicated aerobatic routine in an executive transport; to be in your late 70s and nurse a T-28 back to land from the sea when few others could, and do so at the same time the FAA says you can't fly anymore.

What a great and humble man, he'll be missed, but we're lucky to have had him so long as we did.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Very sad to hear of Bob's passing. He will surely be remembered by so so so many, I know for days my social media feeds have been filled with tributes and messages
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”