A2A Development Update Dec 2017

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: A2A Development Update Dec 2017

Post by pjc747 »

Every new release by A2A that I can remember has been preceded by a precipitous barage of anxiety in the forums. The 'kid on Christmas' effect has never failed to accurately predict a fresh release, I hope this isn't the first exception.

Also, to be fair, 7 years ago they announced and showed models of the F-4 Phantom and F-104 Starfighter, then a little later announced a T-33 would be the first jet product to prepare for those. While they may very well be dead projects, and that might be disappointing, I'd rather hear about potential projects and have them shelved later than sit around waiting for a product release.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

There is this interesting concept about that if you know about something, you feel like missing it regardless of if it wasn't a real, available good to you, at the present time or in overall. I guess the technical word is 'impatience' in case the good is going to be available at some upcoming time. :mrgreen:

Got to love all the excitement around! Damn, even I'm excited if we had any Easter news despite that I would have no good time to enjoy any potential new release until I keep my days off the work in mid-May, and then maybe in the August next time.

-Esa

Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Post by Marvin-E34 »

Totally going to be a 787, mark my words 8)

Carlos2297
Airman

Post by Carlos2297 »

This reminds me of the days just before the Connie and the t-6 were announced/released.
Accu-Sim aircraft: C172 Trainer, C182 Skylane, Piper Cherokee 180, Piper Comanche 250 , T-6 "Texan", Bonanza.

Ryzen 5800x, 32gb 3200mhz ram, rtx3080, W11

Talus
Airman

Post by Talus »

Really was hoping to wake up to some good news today, or at least something today! Granted anything announced today might have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Please A2A? Soon?

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

I think I'm going to do something productive with my day and fly the Spitfire! The A2A planes I already have are too much fun to be left lyîng around in favor of hitting a refresh key!

Flying helmet...check
Goggles...........check
Gloves..............check
F5 key...............removed

See you all much, much later! :D

chadryan
Senior Airman

Post by chadryan »

Jacques wrote:I think I'm going to do something productive with my day and fly the Spitfire! The A2A planes I already have are too much fun to be left lyîng around in favor of hitting a refresh key!

Flying helmet...check
Goggles...........check

I’m taking the same approach except for me it’s the Cherokee. Tanks are full, walk around is complete, and I’m off to explore the Pacific Northwest!

Hobart Escin

Post by Hobart Escin »

If you guys are bored and anxious waiting for news from A2A, why not do something that will both keep you busy and get your mind focused elsewhere? Might I suggest updating your copy of Prepar3d for starters. Even if you choose to just do an incremental update, say for instance a client-only update, you'll be pleasantly surprised (assuming you love to be frustrated like myself) at how all of your add-ons like Orbx scenery, FSUIPC, Camera software, etc, etc, get completely borked in the process. Fixing everything so that it worked exactly like before you updated will take months, and by that time A2A will definitely have some news. Plus, there will no doubt be another update for P3D by that time too!

You're welcome, from all your pals at Lockheed Martin, who fix things so that other things will break.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

To be fair it was a holiday weekend for some. Let’s hope tomorrow brings some news.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hobart Escin wrote:If you guys are bored and anxious waiting for news from A2A, why not do something that will both keep you busy and get your mind focused elsewhere? Might I suggest updating your copy of Prepar3d for starters. Even if you choose to just do an incremental update, say for instance a client-only update, you'll be pleasantly surprised (assuming you love to be frustrated like myself) at how all of your add-ons like Orbx scenery, FSUIPC, Camera software, etc, etc, get completely borked in the process. Fixing everything so that it worked exactly like before you updated will take months, and by that time A2A will definitely have some news. Plus, there will no doubt be another update for P3D by that time too!

You're welcome, from all your pals at Lockheed Martin, who fix things so that other things will break.
And thats why we install outside the main directory as instructed by LM in the PDK, because it means you don't have to reinstall add-ons,... sometimes. 8) :mrgreen:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Seeing Lewis post I thought it might be an update. I was instantly excited and then instantly depressed kind of like my first attempt at taking off in the accusim mustang. Lol
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

n421nj wrote:Seeing Lewis post I thought it might be an update. I was instantly excited and then instantly depressed kind of like my first attempt at taking off in the accusim mustang. Lol
Ah, but Lewis is signed in and watching the board. Exactly what he would be doing when the announcement happened :twisted:
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
Hobart Escin wrote:If you guys are bored and anxious waiting for news from A2A, why not do something that will both keep you busy and get your mind focused elsewhere? Might I suggest updating your copy of Prepar3d for starters. Even if you choose to just do an incremental update, say for instance a client-only update, you'll be pleasantly surprised (assuming you love to be frustrated like myself) at how all of your add-ons like Orbx scenery, FSUIPC, Camera software, etc, etc, get completely borked in the process. Fixing everything so that it worked exactly like before you updated will take months, and by that time A2A will definitely have some news. Plus, there will no doubt be another update for P3D by that time too!

And thats why we install outside the main directory as instructed by LM in the PDK, because it means you don't have to reinstall add-ons,... sometimes. 8) :mrgreen:
But Leeeeeeewiiiiiisss, you ignored all the other stuff we talked about.

I ban Lewis because I didn't get to fly an A2A B-29 on Easter. Don't care if this isn't the right thread. :D

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

chadryan wrote:
Jacques wrote:I think I'm going to do something productive with my day and fly the Spitfire! The A2A planes I already have are too much fun to be left lyîng around in favor of hitting a refresh key!

Flying helmet...check
Goggles...........check

I’m taking the same approach except for me it’s the Cherokee. Tanks are full, walk around is complete, and I’m off to explore the Pacific Northwest!

Same here, though for me it will be either the Skylane or Comanche (I haven't decided which yet) and I'm going to go someplace I've never been. Maybe Jackson Hole or Lake Tahoe.

chadryan
Senior Airman

Post by chadryan »

I don’t think we’re getting a twin yet but if we are I’m immediately going to Amazon to get a new throttle quadrant. I know with the way A2A would model a twin, having a six axis quadrant would be almost essential.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”