Add-on navigation?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Add-on navigation?

Post by pjc747 »

So I was wondering if there is any discussion or development of add-on navigation systems for our FS world. I was hearing stories the other day of the old four-course range (LFR) system that preceded VOR navigation. Given that A2A's current warplanes are all from an era which would have used such a system, I was wondering if anybody knew of a project to add-on this kind of functionality to FSX-dom, or if it is even feasible at all.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Add-on navigation?

Post by Jacques »

Hey Peter, Dave Bitzer re-created the radio range for FS2004, but I don't know the extent of the system he created- limited in scope or a wide ranging system. Unfortunately this hasn't been duplicated in FSX. I don't know what additional challenges FSX presents to prevent a similar project, but I assume time and perhaps lack of interest might be the place to start. Its such an amazing concept, I really regret that it isn't available. I'm not even sure if something like ADE would be able to duplicate a four course range, or if it would require a more specialized method of programing.

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Add-on navigation?

Post by Alan_A »

There's a four-course range included with the Milviz T-50 Bobcat for FSX and P3D, but unfortunately it's locked to that aircraft. Several people (including, I think, some who are associated with Milviz) have suggested an unlocked version, but as far as I'm aware, they haven't shown any indication that they'll produce one. Maybe more of us need to lobby them.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

I checked that out after seeing your reply, Alan! That is really cool! I think, however, there is a possibility of going a bit mad listening to that for hours on end!

MatsH
Airman First Class

Post by MatsH »

Yesterday I found a Radio Range beta for FSX here:
http://dca1013.com/

I have yet to try a full flight but after installing it in the Jahn C-47 and circling the Tampa station results are promising: Dit-dah, dit-dah, daaaaah, daaaah, dah-dit, dah-dit...

No luck in P3D3 or P3D4!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”