Next plane?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Yo2slick
Airman

Re: Next plane?

Post by Yo2slick »

Ive been wanting a B-25 for a long long time and I'd be willing to pay extra for it!
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Yo2slick wrote:Ive been wanting a B-25 for a long long time and I'd be willing to pay extra for it!
I'm pretty sure they said they were interested, but it didn't work out. :( Any radial will do for me.

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Yo2slick wrote:Ive been wanting a B-25 for a long long time and I'd be willing to pay extra for it!
The one by MAAM for FS9 with FDE by Rob Young was a work of art...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Post by Marvin-E34 »

What we really need, is a B29, COTS module. With the plane stripped of all its guns and the middle section turned into a billionaire lounge !
Last edited by Marvin-E34 on 27 Sep 2018, 09:35, edited 1 time in total.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Adding my vote for a B-29 and a B-25. I'll pay for them both right now...

Mustang01
Senior Airman

Post by Mustang01 »

Hey..at the end of the day..im just thankfull we have everybody with A2A making some of the best simulation software out there.. regardless of what aircraft they choose to model ill always be a supporter..my desire for them to do a Mitchell is quite simply out of admiration of the skill of A2Asimulations..MAAM was awsome for its day...do you realize how incredible a2a would make it lol..thats all im saying..just hope in the future they at least give it serious consideration...either way..scott and everyone behind him is awsome!!
Image Image

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Time for a WWII twin or classic such as the Beech18, B25,A26 etc. The notion that a A2A B25 would hurt the MAM does not hold water any longer. Their B-25 software while great is way out of date and I doubt it they sell very many copies. I do realize that A2A GA aircraft are very profitable but for many of us I believe GA aircraft do not blow our skirts up. I can go out to the airport and rent a Skyhawk or Cherokee in a heartbeat. I want a airplane that is out of reach in the real world for me. No offense but If you find a simulated C172 challenging to fly more power to you.

Mustang01
Senior Airman

Post by Mustang01 »

To me its things like the V-tail flight characteristics that are unique that are a challenge to get right in flight sim that make it all the more impressive when accusim nails it...the sound of a B25 is very unique with the poping and backfires at idle that would be so immersive in accusim. It has very unique flight characteristics itself being a bomber with a particularly high wing loading that id love to see done on an accusim level. What an airplane. That being said..i agree..a beech 18 or even a DC3 or C46 would be awsome and beyond that..would have to be very profitable for a2a as well.
Image Image

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I'm sure that A2A are working hard on many things right now, but I do hope that there will be another new release in the next 6 to 12 months. At present, I have no burning desire for anything in particular as there's so much to choose from.

We have no turbo GA plane, which would seem to me to be the next logical release. I could also a case for a GA twin as I agree it's very much needed. Then, there's no jet. I suspect high altitudes may be involved in the next release, but whether it will be GA or early jet I wouldn't like to say. Anyone remember Scott's teaser at the beginning of the Bonanza preview in April? But a warbird would be great too, and there's lots to choose from. Might I put the case for an F4F Wildcat?? Like the P-40, it punched above it's weight and got allied navies through the early part of the war despite it's "deficiencies". A Mosquito would be great too, and there's some flying now too, so data could be collected. And I agree with Lewis that the Douglas Boston is a forgotten hero.

Who knows?? Not thee and me. And at the moment, I'm keeping myself skint buying A2A planes for my new P3D installation, so at the moment, I don't really care what the next one is.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

ANY airplane can be challenging, depending on the situation you put it in. While not advisable in the real world, it can fun and is certainly advisable to challenge yourself flying at the edge of aircraft perf. envelopes. For instance, take the Cherokee, load it up to MGTOW, try to take off from Telluride in the summer during Monsoon season with CBs and Mtn obscuration in the area. You'll sweat, trust me. Just because those planes aren't high powered warbirds doesn't mean you can scare yourself in them with a nice challenging thrill.

Whatever A2A makes will be great. No matter what it is, it will teach you a lot about flying.

Twin warbirds hmmm. I would vote for the A-26. WWII warbirds are great, but it would be great to delve in to Korea and Vietnam era machines as well, I think they often get overlooked. The A-26 was one of the longest serving types in US Military history. Not to mention, it is kind of like the P-51, it is a great warbird, but also has uses in Civil aviation...ie the On Mark conversions. I would love to see a Military and Civil A-26 package ala the P-51. That way we would get a chance to virtually fly 'Sexy Sue' :mrgreen: IMHO one of the most beautiful twins flying today, both inside and out :) Sue isn't just an airshow airplane either, she still is a functioning personal transport for it's owner.

But, accusim, like a pilot, grows and learns from experience. Each new release is an improvement from the previous. Just like you shouldn't put a low time 172 pilot in a Bonanza without proper training, let A2A master something like a Seminole and then perhaps the Aerostar, before they attempt a high performance twin warbird. :) The P-47 was and still is a fantastic addon, but imagine if they did it now with all the experience A2A has since gained, it would be a night and day difference.

Cheers!
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

batt
Senior Airman

Post by batt »

A Liberator or a Lancaster would be first in line for me, but I wouldn't be disappointed by Mitchell or a Mosquito.

Fighterwise, I would prefer a Messerschmitt BF-109 or Mitsubishi A6M Zero. But a Navy Grumman would be pretty sweet too.

But if an Accusim Brewster Buffalo or a Boulton Paul Defiant came tomorrow, I would whip out my credit card without giving it a second thought. :lol:
Image Image Image
ImageImage

Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Post by Marvin-E34 »

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

dvm wrote:Time for a WWII twin or classic such as the Beech18, B25,A26 etc. The notion that a A2A B25 would hurt the MAM does not hold water any longer. Their B-25 software while great is way out of date and I doubt it they sell very many copies. I do realize that A2A GA aircraft are very profitable but for many of us I believe GA aircraft do not blow our skirts up. I can go out to the airport and rent a Skyhawk or Cherokee in a heartbeat. I want a airplane that is out of reach in the real world for me. No offense but If you find a simulated C172 challenging to fly more power to you.
The difference for me between real world flying and simulation is "Skin in the game". Aircraft that would be a challenge in the real world may just be ho hum-in the sim. The recollection of the real world aircraft I have flown has very little in common with flying that same aircraft in the sim. If I was doing both in the same time frame perhaps my perception would be a little different.

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

scottb613 wrote:
robk182 wrote:......... can be a Twin..... can be... a 601 Aersotar... can be.. Scott Aerostar...... can be the faster twin engine......

Redgars
Robert Bernard
Man - I hope so - isn’t the Aerostar the fastest piston twin out there ?
I believe so... I hope they make it. There's a decently nice one for XP11 - for the price it's good.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

A2A once told us they were looking into a Seminole, that would make sense as the first twin, I mean, they started the GA line with a C172..

I would prefer a twin trainer before something really advanced.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”