How to properly reload a flight after a crash?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
KarelPatch
Airman

Post by KarelPatch »

Hi,
I’ve got this question about reloading flights after a crash. First of all, this is something that was already bugging me on FSX but now my questions are P3D specific:

When I crash my A2A plane (wait, I shouldn’t?), the flight will normally reload with the broken plane. More than once, the plane will fall over again and the sim will detect another plane crash and reload again... and again.
Sometimes also, when I chose to reset on the ground, I can’t properly repair the landing gear. I can use jacks but then I can’t remove them.

What would be the best course of action right after a plane crash to avoid losing time by reloading the plane and scenery 10 times? The poor bird deserves better ;)
Thanks!

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: How to properly reload a flight after a crash?

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
First of all i suggest on booting your sim , you turn crash detection off in the sim settings , as there is the same issue in P3D as it was in FSXA/FSXSE , hidden buildings/terrain crash bubble , you can still crash A2A aircraft if you forget gear down when landing or if you hit the water.
Once you get the aircraft on jacks , you select gear down , some aircraft need external GPU / HYD cart , these can be found in shift+3 menu , if gear is damaged , then you might need the hangar repair to get the gear fully down , while on jacks select hangar , you will be denyed access , hit the bar going across the center of the hangar , this will allow you to get inside the hangar to see what needs to be repaired , do repairs and exit hangar , make sure gear is fully down , then remove jacks.
If its the A2A spit with gear stuck up , you need to select gear down while on jacks , then select emergency down on the right side wall.
regards alan. 8)

KarelPatch
Airman

Post by KarelPatch »

If I turn crash detection off, will I still crash my A2A plane if it hits the ground?

Today I got stuck for 30m reloading my plane, it was crashing nose up non stop. Didn’t even have the time to enter slew mode to move it off the ground...
Last edited by KarelPatch on 06 Dec 2018, 17:08, edited 1 time in total.

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

I don't use default crash detection, its wonky as hell, especially with addons and prohibited on various multi platforms anyway, accusim damage will simulate all components breaking for me, even crashes, plus if you hit the ground....its more or less a question of common sense if that would render the plane unusable...and you 8)

Would be nice if we could have parts visibly flying off if you tug on your stick too hard :mrgreen:

KarelPatch
Airman

Post by KarelPatch »

Ok, this makes sense. I will try disabling crashes. It should be actually even more realistic this way.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

I was flying the Cherokee into an airport and hit some wake turbulence and "crashed". I have crash detection turned off.

I ended up with a destroyed prop and had to replace the crankshaft.

Hook

stew
Airman First Class

Post by stew »

The other day I lost both engines (on a non-A2A aircraft) with crash detection OFF, and managed to make a belly landing at the nearest airport. If I had had crash detection ON, I wouldn't have been able to make that belly landing. Crash detection always OFF--it saves a lot of hassles.
ImageImage Image

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”