P3d v.4.4 Black flickering/Flashing.

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Psycho75
Airman

P3d v.4.4 Black flickering/Flashing.

Post by Psycho75 »

Hi.

Updated from 4.3 to 4.4. and I having some issues here. Screen randomly blinking/flickering black when in the a2a planes. Did not have this issue when testing with stock planes. Strange thing is that it gets mutch worse whe flying in rain and snowy weather. To bad with the awesome new rain effects. Really annoying. Flew the v-tail in rain on 4.3,no problem. I have everyting software and hardware up to date. Been testing and experimented after reading various post regarding flickering in prepar3d. No success yet. Couple of other things i have seen also is that warning lights in the mustangs occationally not working, accusim pop up menues rendering sometimes look strange (blocks,dark or light). Wonder if anyone here have some experience regarding these issues?
Oh and Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you :)

Thanks

Thomas.
ImageImageImageImage

richbonneau
Airman

Re: P3d v.4.4 Black flickering.

Post by richbonneau »

Apparently, this is a common issue. It happened to me as well after updating to 4.4.

I have found a couple of workarounds. If you have TrueGlass installed, you can disable that by renaming the TrueGlass.dll file to TrueGlass.dll.off (it's in the gauges folder). Of course, that disables rain effects used on the TFDi 171 and QW 787.

You can also check the "Disable fullscreen optimizations" checkbox in your P3D shortcut - it's on the "Compatibility" tab. That works great, except the FSLabs A320 Configurator overrides that setting every time you start the sim. If you don't have the FSLabs A320, that's your best bet.

Good luck!

Rich

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: P3d v.4.4 Black flickering/Flashing.

Post by Alan_A »

Had the flashing, not the other symptoms. Cured it by turning on vsync and triple buffering. If you haven’t yet, check those settings. Hope this helps.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Hmm, maybe shader rebuild would fix this ?

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

The "Disable fullscreen optimizations" cured the issue I was having with 4.4, and seeing multiple images/ghosting while panning around in the cockpit.

FAC
FAC257

Psycho75
Airman

Post by Psycho75 »

Hey.

Thanks for your speedy reply guys. Tok a spin with various birds and scenarios. Seems that enabling vsync and tripple buffering did help. Some flashing occurred at first ,but on the last 2-3 flights it seemed to be working fine. Gonna do some more testing with your suggestions and see what happends.

Thank you so much.

Thomas.
ImageImageImageImage

Psycho75
Airman

Post by Psycho75 »

By disabling the fullscreen optimizations,plus enabling tripple buffering and vsync seemed to be the cure.

Thanks again :)

Thomas
ImageImageImageImage

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Glad it worked out for you. I haven't used fullscreen optimzations in a long while - I converted to windowed mode because I need access to all that stuff in the taskbar. So I never encountered the other issues you reported. But good news on the complete workaround. Enjoy!

BTW - now that you're using vsync, try setting your P3D frames to unlimited, and in the NVidia control panel, set vsync to adaptive (if your monitor runs at a 30 Hz refresh rate) or adaptive 1/2 refresh rate (if you're set at 60 Hz). That combination gives me the smoothest P3D performance I've ever seen. Not sure if the same will work for you, but it's worth a try.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Psycho75
Airman

Post by Psycho75 »

Thank you for the extra tips there Alan_A. Gonna try those settings out. Really appreciate the hjelp I’m getting from you people.

Thank’s

Thomas
ImageImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”