Which A2A GA plane would you most like to own?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
OccamsRazor
Airman First Class

Which A2A GA plane would you most like to own?

Post by OccamsRazor »

Personally I would go with the Comanche. Kind of a hidden gem in the GA world. Great value, speed, and useful load. I can see why A2A owns one.
ImageImageImage

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Re: Which A2A GA plane would you most like to own?

Post by EnDSchultz »

I would have to agree. The Comanche seems like an all-around workhorse. Rock solid and stable in flight, and not really deficient in any particular area. It seems like the best bang for your buck in its class.

Chunk
Technical Sergeant

Post by Chunk »

If you would’ve asked this question prior to September 15th, 2018, I also would’ve answered Comanche. But man, the V-Tail is magnificent in all respects. Beechcraft quality, fast and nimble, and it’s got unbelievable looks. V-Tail without hesitation for me.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

If money weren’t an issue I would probably go with the Bonanza (since it’s just faster than the Comanche) for cruising and the Cub for some leisurely flying in shorts :wink:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

AerialShorts
Staff Sergeant

Post by AerialShorts »

The civilian Mustang! I would love to own it but it’s impractical.

So I’d take the civvie Mustang, sell it, and buy a Commanche, V-tail Bonanza, and a Cub, and put the extra money into my flying fund and retirement/travel account. 8)
VR Simming with HP G2 - And Loving It!

Scav
Senior Airman

Post by Scav »

My spouse / moral compass / person who voluntarily spends her time with me says if I ever buy an airplane and I intend her to fly with me, it's got to be a high wing.

Skylane, it is. :)

PA24 :: PA28 :: C182T :: BE35
"Tell me, have you ever met a Scav up close? Of course not . . ."

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello,

C172 or Cherokee 180 for me please. Lets not forget maintenance is not free in real world. :mrgreen:

--
Vladi
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

Make mine a Cherokee or maybe a C182. I like the idea of retracting the wheels and going fast, but knowing me I wouldn't like to deal with maintaining or insuring a complex plane.

I remember replying to this thread but it looks like my response didn't make it with the rest of the migration. :(

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

I'll take a Cessna 172 Skyhawk a 1979 model

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

It would be a Cherokee 180...
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

Buffy Foster

Post by Buffy Foster »

Skylane is real nice for sightseeing, Bonanza for longer trips maybe. :)

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

I was flying the Cherokee down the Amazon River recently and realized that of all the planes I like, the Cherokee is the one I'd be most likely to own. Roomy, good capacity, good range, efficient, inexpensive and just sporty enough. If money for operating expenses was no object there are a few I'd like to own. They all have radial engines. :)

Hook

Stearmandriver
Senior Airman

Post by Stearmandriver »

I'll take a different direction than most... I've flown the real-world counterparts of every A2A GA plane (ok, not the civvie Mustang lol) and they're all fine, practical, well behaved platforms. And, well, to paraphrase Stephen Coonts... they lack a soul.

A Cub has one.

I fly nice practical planes for work. When I own a plane, it'll have a soul. :D

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Boy thats a tough question, I would probably go for a Bonanza if it were an A36. While I love the hours I got in the Comanche and found it a very good machine for the money, it is hard to beat Beechcraft build quality.

Looking back on the years of flightsimming, the one FS plane that I would love to own for real at this point is the little RV-7. It reminds me so much of my little Miata, fun, great handling, reliable, easy on the wallet, etc....and both involve grinning...be it the RV Grin or the Miata's Smiles per Gallon. :D

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

rhenson529
Senior Airman

Post by rhenson529 »

If I’m thinking of something practical I would say the Cherokee. Low cost of ownership, better loading than the 172, and super easy to fly. However, if cost of ownership wasn’t a factor, I would probably go with the Comanche. The Bo is great and a little faster, but I’m not as confident in windy conditions. Maybe as I use the Bo more and gain more confidence, I would go down that road. I’ve contemplated this in real life a few times, however it’s convening my wife that’s a challenge. :D
A2A Planes: Cub, 172, 182, Cherokee, Comanche, Bonanza,T6, 377, Spitfire, and P51
Hardware: i7 (5.0 ghz) 32 GB 3000Ghz; RTX 2080ti; 1TB PCIe M.2; 1TB PCIe M.2

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”