A2A Development Update May 2019

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: A2A Development Update May 2019 (Captain Jake CFI Sale 25% off)

Post by Scott - A2A »

Mustang01 wrote: 12 May 2019, 18:04 I think rather than a timeline of the order (as scott just said they may be out of order, time will tell) id want to know if we can expect ANY release..at least say, in the next couple months?
Not a new airplane, no, as we're too tied down with the T-38 and building out the new technology. I really wanted to just put out these planes as they are but the entire team really pushed back on that. The argument was while some die hards would like it, we would come under serious fire for releasing an unfinished product. And they are the wiser for saying so.

The good news is we have several airplanes in a far along state, so once we turn to completing each, they should come out much more rapidly than if we developed one after the other.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Scott - A2A wrote: 12 May 2019, 18:16
Mustang01 wrote: 12 May 2019, 18:04 I think rather than a timeline of the order (as scott just said they may be out of order, time will tell) id want to know if we can expect ANY release..at least say, in the next couple months?
Not a new airplane, no, as we're too tied down with the T-38 and building out the new technology. I really wanted to just put out these planes as they are but the entire team really pushed back on that. The argument was while some die hards would like it, we would come under serious fire for releasing an unfinished product. And they are the wiser for saying so.

The good news is we have several airplanes in a far along state, so once we turn to completing each, they should come out much more rapidly than if we developed one after the other.

Scott.
I'm with the rest of the team - it is much, much better to wait.

I'm a sufficiently "die-hard" fan to really want the products you release to be as good as the others, if not better (if that is at all possible). A2A has such a high standard that it would be negative for any release to be sub-par. And by par, I mean A2A-par - not the rest of the sim-market par. The others are quadruple-bogeys, if you are following the golf-lingo here. :-P

No, I'll take the waiting, and enjoy the hell out of the Bonanza in the meantime. :-)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Ifikratis
Airman First Class

Post by Ifikratis »

Thank you very much for the clarification Scott. It is good for us to have realistic expectations. I would like to think that the Cub is not a new airplane :) (...is it? )
| C172 Trainer | C182 Skylane | J3 Cub | L049 Constellation | PA24 Commanche | PA28 Cherokee | P-40 Warhawk | P-51D Military | P-51D Civilian | Spitfire MkI-II | T-6 Texan | V35B Bonanza | B-17 Flying Fortress |

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

Scott - A2A wrote: 12 May 2019, 12:43 Sorry it wasn't clear but we plan and expect to release the T-6 Texan II to the public but there's a lot of work to do between now and then, and with the unpredictability of software development it's possible something else will come out instead.
Excellent... I'm looking forward to giving you my hard earned paycheck for the T-6 II (and AEST!) 8)

wjmcdermott
Airman

Post by wjmcdermott »

Thanks for the update. I was REALLY hoping for news on a P-47 for P3D but no luck. :( I think I'll buy the T-6 now while I'm waiting.

Mustang01
Senior Airman

Post by Mustang01 »

Question for scott,
Please tell me that, whatever and whenever we see new aircraft, you guys will keep to the whole maintenance/customization of your own airplane? To me, that is the very heart and soul of an A2A aircraft..and one of the key parts of the immersion that is making you feel as though you actually owned the aircraft and being able to maintain it and change this or that. Aside from your impeccable flight dynamics, Ive always loved that you guys bring that side of aircraft ownership to life.
Also, did I understand correctly that theres a chance of seeing a newer, updated P-51? If so, have you guys looked into the TF-51 at all?
Thats said, if i had one dream, it would be an accusim B25J Mitchell ;) hehe.
Seriously though..keep up the phenomenal work guys!
Image Image

thomas_mac
Senior Airman

Post by thomas_mac »

Scott - A2A wrote: 02 May 2019, 13:34
New Strategy Game: “FirePOWER!”
Starting as a child and still today my two favorite types of “games” are flight simulators and strategy games. I've spent thousands of hours playing both over my lifetime. We have formed a team of five who have been creating a brand new kind of strategy game. Again, we have to be very careful what we show here because we truly want to offer something new and exciting when it's released. This game and technology is also part of a more broad picture which will become clearer to everyone one the game is released.

This name probably brings back memories for some who have been with us for 15+ years, as the air combat add-on "FirePOWER" was our very first (and critically acclaimed) software product. However, we're carrying this name forward to front a brand new technology. The name “FirePOWER” conjures up all kinds of images of battleships, bombers and tanks. We're very excited to be making this game and being platform independent, it will allow A2A to reach more people than ever before.
Very excited for this! I still play lots of Command & Conquer Generals and Company of Heros 1/2.

Daytona125
Airman Basic

Post by Daytona125 »

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE take my money for the T-6!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Congrats Jake on the CFI, Keep it going bud!

Congrats to A2A, thats a helluva run for a small software company, staring out from the Shockwave days to doing USAF training projects.

Thank you all for proving that when you put your heart and mind into something, the sky truly is the limit.

Cheers,
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Re: A2A Development Update May 2019

Post by Caldemeyn »

The planes will be ready when they are ready, 8) in the meantime we have more than enough to do with the rest of the A2A hangar :mrgreen:

caribpilot
Staff Sergeant

Post by caribpilot »

With Turbo Props now in the line-up, I'd say there are endless possibilities to look forward to. Cessna Caravan, Lockheed Electra, PC-12, Twin Otter etc etc etc... Keep up the great work.
M.Carter
Private Pilot

Skyfox
Senior Airman

Post by Skyfox »

Wow - The Texan with full operations in VR will be just a dream.

It is fast, has a canopy and with VR now - this is just flat out mind blowing.

KarelPatch
Airman

Post by KarelPatch »

Guys,
I love you.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

caribpilot wrote: 18 May 2019, 18:53 With Turbo Props now in the line-up, I'd say there are endless possibilities to look forward to. Cessna Caravan, Lockheed Electra, PC-12, Twin Otter etc etc etc... Keep up the great work.
Turbo Beaver???? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The engine they've simulated is PT-6 powered, so it opens up a world of planes powered by that engine. Planes such as the Caravan, Twin Otter, DHC-2Turbo, Beech King Air C90, Grumman Mallard and various Pilatus (Pilatus's?? Pilatii?? :mrgreen:) and Embrear become possible. However, the turbo prop engines were the Allison D501, or T-56 in military guise I believe, and worked very differently to PT-6's. On that basis, I doubt we'll see an Electra/Convair 580/Hercules etc. Hope I'm wrong, though, as these are my favourite turbo props.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Killerp51
Airman Basic

Post by Killerp51 »

AccuSimmed Draco? :lol:

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”