This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

The 'remember me' log in feature is not working properly. After logging in and then going to other sites, returning later to A2A I must log in again. This behavior started in the past week for me. I have the A2A forums set as my 'Home Page' in Firefox and I am also seeing a longer appearance of the page when I first open Firefox.

Something has recently changed it seems.

Paul

Mark - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Log In 'remember me' failing

Post by Mark - A2A »

Hello Paul,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. A couple of other users have mentioned that they are having the same issue. I'm going to work on implementing the fix for that as soon as possible. We are using a new caching and security system for the server and I simply need to modify some of the session handling code for the forums to tie in with the new system. Thank you for reporting the issue.

Kind regards,
Mark

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

It may or may not be relevant, but over the last few days, I have had to re-log in when posting messages. I would click 'Preview' and be presented with a log-in screen. 'Submitting' would also sometimes give the same response. Almost as if it was timing out or something.

Steve.

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

I have also had to relog in several times.

Cheers Chris

Mark - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Mark - A2A »

Hi guys,

This week I made some changes to the session code to tie in with our new security system for better session handling and the forums should now be maintaining sessions properly for everyone. Could you please test that the sessions are working on your end? Also just a heads up, I just purged all sessions once more for good measure, so you probably had to log in again before reading this post, but that should be the last time you'll need to log in for a while. If you encounter any more issues with logouts, just let me know. :)

Mark

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

whoop whoop! All good for me the past few days 8) 8)
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”