Soo hyped by the Aerostar

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
R-2800-59
Staff Sergeant

Soo hyped by the Aerostar

Post by R-2800-59 »

Thank you so much for this enlighting update! I am thrilled by the news, especially the WIP shot of the Aerostar.
It simply contains all the thinks I love about bizjets and VIP carrying without the annoying stuff. As soon as this is out I will fly the heck out of it.

For those equally hyped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L40ZUXEViKs

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Soo hyped by the Aerostar

Post by Scott - A2A »

We'll be taking the Aerostar to the Flight Sim Expo and Air Venture in the coming months with the new left engine and this will give us some good new insight into the engine physics by simultaneously comparing both engines, old and new.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

GunninGamerz
Airman First Class

Post by GunninGamerz »

R-2800-59 wrote: 15 May 2019, 04:11 Thank you so much for this enlighting update! I am thrilled by the news, especially the WIP shot of the Aerostar.
It simply contains all the thinks I love about bizjets and VIP carrying without the annoying stuff. As soon as this is out I will fly the heck out of it.

For those equally hyped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L40ZUXEViKs
Wow, great video! It's going to be time to set up that second throttle quadrant. Going to want to manage those engines independently. :D
"SpringfieldXD45"
https://www.youtube.com/gunningamerz
https://www.twitch.tv/gunningamerz
https://twitter.com/GunninGamerz

My A2A hangar:
C172, C182, Cherokee, Comanche, V35B, P51 Mil & Civ, B17, Spitfire, T6, P-40, B377 COTS, Cub, Connie

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

I thought I was hyped before, but after seeing that video now I really am. Looks like a lot of complexity in this plane. Do you really steer electrically via "steering switches"?

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Man that Aerostar sure is a hot rod that actually hauls stuff. Ted Smith designed airplanes that were good looking and fast, they also actually haul decent loads....A-26, Twin Commander, Jet Commander, Aerostar.

I mean a Baron is a fantastic airplane, but an Aerostar is on another level. Like comparing a super car to a sports car. :)

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

For sure, the Aerostar is more jet than prop, it's going to be great fun to fly in the sim 8)

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I just watched the video and it covers most everything in a good way. It seems like a lot to remember (my 600 is normally aspirated and no pressurization), but it's all pretty logical and makes sense. It's such an exciting airplane to fly and with straight pipe exhaust without mufflers, it is loud. I swear I can hear the sound echoing off the ground even as I'm climbing over 500 ft and out of consideration of everyone below I pull back to METO power as soon as it's safe. Remember it is mid wing as it was originally meant to carry jet engines below, so it feels like a jet because it is a jet with props. It has the same wing as a Learjet 45. And you do operate the Aerostar like a jet.

We are doing everything in our power to prioritize the development of the Aerostar and now that the cat is out of the bag, we will keep everyone more up-to-date.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Mustang01
Senior Airman

Post by Mustang01 »

and with straight pipe exhaust without mufflers, it is loud. I swear I can hear the sound echoing off the ground even as I'm climbing over 500 ft

PLEASE scott, tell me you cans can replicate this!! LOL. Id love it if the maintenance hangar had exhaust options but if not...then just like my camaro..STRAIGHT PIPE IT!! Haha

Seriously though, sound counts for so much of the immersion..when an airplane is loud and coughs and pops to life at start up its a beautifull thing
Image Image

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Scott - A2A wrote: 16 May 2019, 08:27We are doing everything in our power to prioritize the development of the Aerostar and now that the cat is out of the bag, we will keep everyone more up-to-date.

Scott.
@Mark - A2A ... would you mind adding a thumb-up emoticon to the forum?

-Esa

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

AKar wrote: 16 May 2019, 10:32
Scott - A2A wrote: 16 May 2019, 08:27We are doing everything in our power to prioritize the development of the Aerostar and now that the cat is out of the bag, we will keep everyone more up-to-date.

Scott.
@Mark - A2A ... would you mind adding a thumb-up emoticon to the forum?

-Esa
Or other... items-up... erot... hmmm... emoticons. ;)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I'll buy it when it comes out! Hey - I just checked on Wiki and the 700P is faster than a B-25!

Seeya
ATB

Mustang01
Senior Airman

Post by Mustang01 »

Hey - I just checked on Wiki and the 700P is faster than a B-25!
Yeah but a B25 is Soooooooooooo much cooler and you cant match the sound of those 2600's popping and backfiring at idle. Its a shame because id be willing to bet we'll never see an accusim B25.the latest update from them seems to have set the stage for the next couple years of releases.
Ive gotta admit, im already getting bored with all the GA stuff out there..who knows, maybe this aerostar will get my attention again..the ONLY reason id even give an aerostar a second look for flight simulation is the accusim lable on it
Image Image

Buffy Foster

Post by Buffy Foster »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 16 May 2019, 03:43 For sure, the Aerostar is more jet than prop, it's going to be great fun to fly in the sim 8)
Looks like it!

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

Oooooh, yes please! :D

That said... assuming the Aerostar hits the store, it will fit nicely into an unpopulated spot in my hangar (between the Cub sized and T-38 sized spaces) that will take away the 'need' for a jet. I still sense there is a light twin to cut our teeth on that's going to pop out in the same way the C-182 did though. :wink:

Mike
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

All the announce releases look great and I will be a release day customer for all. The T-38 was a surprise as all the talk had been of a T-33. I'm not a big jet fan, but I do like the early jets. The T-38 is a great choice, however, and is sufficiently vintage to interest me as it dates back to the late '50's. The Texan II should be interesting as well, being the first Accusim turbo prop. No one has yet managed a decent turbo prop in my estimation.

But I'm fundamentally a piston engine/propeller type person, so the Aerostar is the release I'm mostly waiting for. It's the first announced A2A twin, has great performance, and you can see out of it. Most twins are not so good in this respect. In the next year, maybe???

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”