Will A2A be devoloping products for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Re: Will A2A be devoloping products for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Post by trisho0 »

I am expecting A2A Constellation for the MS2020 as well ...

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

trisho0 wrote: 14 Aug 2020, 23:08 I am expecting A2A Constellation for the MS2020 as well ...
Unfortunately as it looks like that will not happen. Check out this thread where Akar reposted a statement from Scott:

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewt ... 23&t=71234
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

Piper_EEWL wrote: 15 Aug 2020, 02:53
trisho0 wrote: 14 Aug 2020, 23:08 I am expecting A2A Constellation for the MS2020 as well ...
Unfortunately as it looks like that will not happen. Check out this thread where Akar reposted a statement from Scott:

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewt ... 23&t=71234
He doesn't say it won't happen. He's saying that it's conceivable it won't happen. There is a possibility that the more popular A2A birds for P3D will be re-developed for MSFS, but there's also a possibility that they will only release brand new planes going forward. I think that would be a shame, since their 172, Cub, Bonanza, Comanche are almost required if you want to have any sort of meaningful GA experience in P3D.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

For sake of overall discussion...
Somehow I knew it would be you be disputing me, and doing so with a wall of text. I must be psychic! :D

One day I was hanging around a small airport, chatting with an instructor, and he asked if I wanted to try a lesson. I said yes. We got in the Cessna 150 and flew. He explained what was happening as we went along. That was the first.

All I knew about flying up to that point was what I read in the World Book encyclopedia and Lindbergh's "Spirit of Saint Louis." And I was able to apply some of it, along with the CFI's instruction. I knew I didn't know anything, but I had some concept of the basics and it was useful. If the CFI noticed, he did not comment. And I still remember that first flight from 1971 almost as if it was yesterday.

Hook

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

AKar wrote: 15 Aug 2020, 14:28when I looked up up, I was completely out of bearings. I can't describe the feeling, even if everything was under control, of the shock of not knowing where's up.
That's always weird when it happens in the sim. Then suddenly things pop into place and it's almost normal, except for the memory of the world being crazy for a second.

Hook

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

RMM wrote: 15 Aug 2020, 23:20 If A2A is designed and intended to be an art and sound studio with aircraft that tamely cruise from A to B, then fine by me.
It's sure as hell not, I've had maintenance issues come up a fair bit in my a2a aircraft mainly the P 51 which has about 350 hours on it I've had brake issues minor oil leaks and even an engine out while I was on base. Now I don't know about you but I wouldn't call having to go in a field wheels up at short notice a "tame cruise" it's more of a nasty surprise.
AKA "Memey"

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 16 Aug 2020, 11:00
DHenriquesA2A wrote: 16 Aug 2020, 10:54
TBryson2 wrote: 16 Aug 2020, 10:13 It’s interesting how “flight simulators” mean one thing to one person, and totally something else to another. Even though “we” are a small niche in a big gaming world, there is a lot of emotion here!

I’ve been simming since the first box was released. I do have my “ticket” and (sadly) used to fly several different aircraft but haven’t in many years. I’ve never taken a Cessna or any other aircraft into a spin, so I cannot compare the two.

A simulator to me allows me to experience the joys of flight. The more realistic, the better. BUT that does not mean I want to make a job out of my hobby! I’m sure the more realistic passenger liners are awesome, but way too much work for me to enjoy. To me, who cares if I’m using the wrong oil? (Although I do love the possibility of it doing damage, thank you A2A!)
Who cares if a Cherokees airspeed indicator is in MPH instead of knots? (Even in RL if you fly by the POH it’s irrelevant). I take a simulator for what it is. A simulator. It isn’t real life. (I would “almost” rather do it in real life, but I’m content)

I totally understand an instructor using FS to teach stalls & spins, if nothing else but to explain and prepare the student for what to expect! Wish my instructor had at least talked me through it beforehand! (Please, no comments about my instructor).

I’ve dedicated a LOT of time and money into supporting this hobby and will continue to do so. It is always evolving, (but my wallet hasn't! LOL!). I have not (yet) purchased the new FS mostly because of WAY too much speculation. I never buy (Base) software on its first release.

Now lets give each other a big hug and kiss and say “were sorry”. :lol: :lol: :lol:

TB2
Sometimes these threads begin with a bit of hostility then can be turned around into a teaching moment that benefits everyone.
Hopefully that will be the overall result of this one. The thread answers a lot of questions simmers have concerning how the sim should interface with the real world of aviation instruction.

Dudley Henriques

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

When i went through flight school, everyone there was very opposed to flight sims. The general opinion was that a flight sim is just a toy and has absolutely no relevance to real life. Well, the fact that i made most progress out of my group (cause were were a group of students, not 1 on 1 like it normally is in the west) kinda proved them wrong. I knew how to read and scan my instruments. Everyone else was a bit clueless because the instructors were adamant about flying just by looking outside, with occasional glances to the airspeed and altitude indicators. I know why they were doing it, but it never sat right with me. I knew from the start how to control my glidepath coming in for landing, pitch for speed, power for rate of descent. I can't even remember how the instructors told us to follow a glidepath, but i do remember it didn't make much sense to me. Either way, they were very happy with my approaches. My instructors were great pilots, they were great supervisors in the cockpit as well, but they weren't all that great at explaining things...

So i know that flight simulators are incredibly useful. And i also know that no amount of stall training in a desktop sim will ever help you for a real life stall. Especially the stall training my instructors liked to do... (power to idle, nose up 20-30 degrees, then hold the yoke in the seat until the nose drops and you only see ground... exciting, to say the least). I appreciate everything that A2A has done for the community. I still remember the first time i got up in the air with A2A's 172 and it was the first time in a sim that I felt like i'm flying a real plane. It was incredible.

So i am excited for the next steps of this adventure. Even though it's not quite my cup of tea, i'm very much looking forwards to the Aerostar. I am crossing all my fingers and all my toes in the hopes that the Bonanza will come after. Either way, i'm a believer and i'm here to stay.

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

cristi.neagu wrote: 16 Aug 2020, 12:15 When i went through flight school, everyone there was very opposed to flight sims. The general opinion was that a flight sim is just a toy and has absolutely no relevance to real life. Well, the fact that i made most progress out of my group (cause were were a group of students, not 1 on 1 like it normally is in the west) kinda proved them wrong. I knew how to read and scan my instruments. Everyone else was a bit clueless because the instructors were adamant about flying just by looking outside, with occasional glances to the airspeed and altitude indicators. I know why they were doing it, but it never sat right with me. I knew from the start how to control my glidepath coming in for landing, pitch for speed, power for rate of descent. I can't even remember how the instructors told us to follow a glidepath, but i do remember it didn't make much sense to me. Either way, they were very happy with my approaches. My instructors were great pilots, they were great supervisors in the cockpit as well, but they weren't all that great at explaining things...

So i know that flight simulators are incredibly useful. And i also know that no amount of stall training in a desktop sim will ever help you for a real life stall. Especially the stall training my instructors liked to do... (power to idle, nose up 20-30 degrees, then hold the yoke in the seat until the nose drops and you only see ground... exciting, to say the least). I appreciate everything that A2A has done for the community. I still remember the first time i got up in the air with A2A's 172 and it was the first time in a sim that I felt like i'm flying a real plane. It was incredible.

So i am excited for the next steps of this adventure. Even though it's not quite my cup of tea, i'm very much looking forwards to the Aerostar. I am crossing all my fingers and all my toes in the hopes that the Bonanza will come after. Either way, i'm a believer and i'm here to stay.
Couldn't have said it better! During my flight school, I told my instructor that all I have learned made my flight simulator more fun! He looked at me like I had a third eye! LOL! In fact, the local flying school uses P3D for demonstrations at schools, fairs and other gatherings, but still consider it a "toy". I repainted one the C-172 as the one I soloed in, and actually reconstructed the hangars at our local airport (KOCF), and offered to put those in their simulator, but they were unimpressed. To each their own I suppose. Wonder if they will "see the light" when they are unable to fly anymore? I too (sadly) don't care much for the Aerostar, but it's a personal thing and I hope A2A does very well with it! Perhaps my mind (and heart) will be changed if I can "experience" it myself.

TB2
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

cristi.neagu wrote: 16 Aug 2020, 12:15 When i went through flight school, everyone there was very opposed to flight sims. The general opinion was that a flight sim is just a toy and has absolutely no relevance to real life.
I remember those days. Criticisms were never spoken in a calm voice, either. :)

Hook

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Guys, I split this post up and sent the off topic Xplane / 172 discussion here:
viewtopic.php?f=104&t=71250&p=542226#p542226
A2A Simulations Inc.

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

Hello to all, I have almost exactly the same question as the title of this thread. But my question is more specific. Will A2A Connie Constellation be updated for MS2020?
Patricio

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”