Cherokee Acedemic P3d1-3

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Grandad75
Airman

Cherokee Acedemic P3d1-3

Post by Grandad75 »

Hi,

Been away for a while from FS hence slight confusion re my use of the Cherokee Acedemic which I have installed in my P3Dv3.4 and working well but unable to use in my installed P3dv4.5. When I say that, I found by installing in v4.5 the behaviour on the ground was as though it was bogged down and didn't steer correctly. Also, listed in Programs there was no update option available so, I have to assume my version is not for v4.5.
I see from the store that there is this aircraft available for all versions of P3D in which case do I have to repurchase to update or is there other options available to me.

All very confusing I'm sure but if you can throw some light on the subject I'd very much appreciate it.

Regards,

Richard.

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Re: Cherokee Acedemic P3d1-3

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Richard,

Check your store account - I believe there is a v4 specific download - been down the same path...

A new purchase shouldn't be necessary as all P3D was covered...

Regards,
Scott

Grandad75
Airman

Post by Grandad75 »

Thanks, Scott, I'll take a look. Quick reply appreciated.

Regards,
Richard.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Richard,

Yes, as Scott says there's a separate installer for the P3Dv4 versions of the Accu-Sim products. Because v4 of P3D is a 64-bit application, some significant changes were necessary. We also took the opportunity to improve the installers for v4 a bit, so they automatically download and install any updates for the aircraft in question.

If you check your account on the A2A store (or from wherever you purchased) you should see a link to the P3Dv4 installer for the Cherokee.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Grandad75
Airman

Post by Grandad75 »

Thanks, Nick.

I have checked my store but this only relates to the most recent orders. The Cherokee was purchased 6th September 2017 so presumably its in the old store. Believe me, I've tried accessing the old store and opening a new account as per your instructions but to no avail. Must be doing something wrong but that's not unusual for me. Had to resort to e-mail for help but I suspect the answer will be the same.

I'll have another go some other time. Thanks for your input.

Regards,
Richard.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi RIchard,

If your copy of the Cherokee was bought on the old store, it should simply be a case of following the steps in this sticky post to get hold of the latest installer. Basically, you'll need to make sure you have an account on the new store, then fill in the short Google form with whatever email address you used on the old store, along with the one you use for your new store account (if it's different).

Please bear in mind this process isn't instantaneous as Lewis has to manually process these account migration requests. If you have any further questions or problems, please drop us a line here.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”