Honest, reliable, iconic American fighter
Oldnavy
Airman First Class

Re: Free Accu-Sim P-40 during the current pandemic

Post by Oldnavy »

Thanks for the suggestions. I managed to install the P40 for FSX to P3D V3.4

I created a FSX directory structure:

https://www.flyingscool.com/FSX_Directories.htm

My P3d has a FSX.exe file that I copied over to my "dummy" fsx folder.

The installer was able to unpack the folders and contents to my pseudo directory'

I then discovered the Shift + Keys to brings up the maintenance and other settings for the plane.

There was a "Shared" folder the contained the a maintenance folder and files that I copied over to P3D (my P3d didn't originally have a shared folder it does now).

Anyway, it works just fine. Thanks very much for the free gift. I use to use FSX till P3D V3 came along, Now with P3D V5 and MS2020 looming, I am at a crossroads perhaps like a lot

of other folks. I most likey go the P3D route as I don't know what kind of supercomputer required. My rig is only a year old. I was going for P3d v4.5 but put that on hold.

aeugli
Airman

Post by aeugli »

Dear Scott,
this is a very generous offer and I want to thank you very much for that wonderfull aircraft for free.
Take care for yourself & your family
Best wishes Rainer

Revd
Airman

Post by Revd »

Dear all at A2A

Thank you so much. That really cheered me up to see that and I’ve been trying to convey my thanks since I saw the offer yesterday but everything is so slow and faulty at the moment that the site kept crashing when I attempted to leave a message. I and my wife are priests in Cambridgeshire, England and we are trying to keep in contact with all our people across the community. We have many elderly people who are frightened and it’s all quite upsetting so it was lovely to find your generous offer waiting. I had the P40 in FSX and loved it then. Thanks again and my best wishes to all of you and all our online community. God bless you. Neil.

Mac6737
Airman Basic

Post by Mac6737 »

I was introduced to A2A yesterday via FS.com and your generous promo of the P-40.
> I opened an account and succeeded in downloading your P-40. But the pdf file in the DL says I should READ THE MANUAL before installing the P-40.
> OK. But it says to access the manual by going to my Windows Start menu and opening the "A2A Simulations group."
> Guess what? There is no "A2A SIMULATIONS GROUP" in my start menu!
>
> How can I get the manual? (I believe most developers include the manual in the DL. I suppose you have your reasons.)

Thank you for your attention.

Mac6737

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Mac6737.
The manual for a2a aircraft can be downloaded separatly should be a link , if you install the p40 download first , then the manual would be in the said location , then read before you fly , as it gives hints on recommended control sensativity and null points for best control of aircraft , one thing to remember update the aircraft before you fly.
regards alan. 8)

GunninGamerz
Airman First Class

Post by GunninGamerz »

I already own it but wanted to say very classy to do this! Now I get to fly with so many others who will have it also. One of my favorite, fun to fly warbirds!
"SpringfieldXD45"
https://www.youtube.com/gunningamerz
https://www.twitch.tv/gunningamerz
https://twitter.com/GunninGamerz

My A2A hangar:
C172, C182, Cherokee, Comanche, V35B, P51 Mil & Civ, B17, Spitfire, T6, P-40, B377 COTS, Cub, Connie

iflyc77
Senior Airman

Post by iflyc77 »

This is so generous and appreciated guys. Thank you. I went ahead and bought the Cub as well to keep myself entertained. :)

rhenson529
Senior Airman

Post by rhenson529 »

Thank you very much A2A. I can't wait to fly it tomorrow. This is very generous.

Ron
A2A Planes: Cub, 172, 182, Cherokee, Comanche, Bonanza,T6, 377, Spitfire, and P51
Hardware: i7 (5.0 ghz) 32 GB 3000Ghz; RTX 2080ti; 1TB PCIe M.2; 1TB PCIe M.2

Republic DC-9
Airman

Post by Republic DC-9 »

So generous...thank you.

I’ve purchased all of your Civilian products and admire this company and its products greatly.

Stay well everyone.

Steve

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Very nice gesture, A2A, unprecedented in the industry as far as I know. Though I previously bought it, thank you. Now if I could only fly with the twist rudder and joystick buttons for left/right brakes since my foot's been out of action for three months with no end in sight. I'm hopeless without my rudder pedals. :cry:

Oldnavy
Airman First Class

Post by Oldnavy »

I had to reinstall the P40 in my P3D V3 sim. The first time I installed it, I could hear in the maintenance section, tools dropping and what sounds like tool noises. Now I hear nothing.
I had to install this in a FSX structured directory. I then copied over the contents of the installed files/folder over to my P3D. Where can i find this maintenance sound(s).

Also, what is the purpose of the P40_Accusim.EXE? Where does that get copied to in FSX?

Thanks

Edit: It's the maintenance hanger sounds that I am not hearing also, when I click on the complete overhaul button, nothing happens.

What file(s) are responsible for the maintenance hanger sounds and overhaul button. I am pretty sure I have copied all the folder/files from the pseudo FSX install to my P3D directory.

trucker17
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by trucker17 »

Its a great thing you guys are doing......Keep up the awesome jobs.....

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Oldnavy wrote: 21 Mar 2020, 16:14 What file(s) are responsible for the maintenance hanger sounds and overhaul button. I am pretty sure I have copied all the folder/files from the pseudo FSX install to my P3D directory.
These files can be found in the "A2A\P40" folder which sits in the root of the main FSX or P3D directory, not in "SimObjects\Airplanes\WoP3_P40".

If you need tech support with your installation Oldnavy, please can you open a new topic in the P-40 tech support forum.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

woody901
Airman First Class

Post by woody901 »

Thank you folks. Like a good many others I already have this bird in the hanger but nevertheless a very generous gesture.
keep it up
Mick
ImageImageImageImage

Oldnavy
Airman First Class

Post by Oldnavy »

Nick - A2A wrote: 22 Mar 2020, 04:05
Oldnavy wrote: 21 Mar 2020, 16:14 What file(s) are responsible for the maintenance hanger sounds and overhaul button. I am pretty sure I have copied all the folder/files from the pseudo FSX install to my P3D directory.
These files can be found in the "A2A\P40" folder which sits in the root of the main FSX or P3D directory, not in "SimObjects\Airplanes\WoP3_P40".

If you need tech support with your installation Oldnavy, please can you open a new topic in the P-40 tech support forum.

Thanks,
Nick
Thanks for the advice, I have posted the question at Tech Support... :)

new reply

Return to “P-40 Warhawk / Tomahawk”