P3D - Parking brake

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
janice
Airman First Class

P3D - Parking brake

Post by janice »

Hi.

Can't figure this out and can't find a solution searching internet.

When I updated P3D the last time (months ago), I had a problem such then when I started up (whatever plane), it seemed like the parking brake was stuck. I left things as they were and didn't come back to flight sim for quite a while, But now I'm back, I'm trying to fix it. Eventually, I came across the tip to delete AppData/Roaming/LockheedMartin/Prepar3D v4/Controls/Standard.xml and Stardard.xmlx, which I did, and this solved the problem. Of course I lost all my configurations on my controllers. I set them up again and off I went. However, next time I started up, same trouble, even if I choose a different start up than my default flight. It's like parking brake is stuck. I've carefully checked the Options/controls in P3D, and I don't see any controller setting in there that might be interfering. There are no chocks on, although I've set and unset them just to check. I've tried key strokes (ctrl+.) to release brake. I don't see the message at the bottom left of the screen saying the brake is set. I'm not using any other programmes to programme my controllers.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Janice

thunderstreak
Staff Sergeant

Re: P3D - Parking brake

Post by thunderstreak »

Do you have anything assigned to the left and right brake axis?
A set of rudder pedals perhaps?

You need to put a check in the reverse axis box if you do for the brakes to release correctly.
FSX B377 L049 Spit P40 P47 P51x2 T-6 Cub WOPII P-40 Corsair Anson HE-219 Accu-Feel AL&S
P3Dv5 L049 T-6 172 182 PA-24 PA-28 Spit P-51x2 P-40 Bonanza B-17 Accu-Feel

[email protected], ASUS Z170-P 32GB DDR4 2133 RTX 2070 8GB Win10Pro P3Dv5.1 HF1

janice
Airman First Class

Post by janice »

Thank you Thunderstreak. No axis assignments, and no pedals. I'm using Saitek x-55 controllers.

janice
Airman First Class

Post by janice »

I'm not sure exactly what this problem was. It was some sort of conflict in what P3D was setting and what I was trying to set in my contollers. Eventually, I found and removed every reference to a controller button or axis (none of which were associated with brakes), and then reintroduced my settings one at a time. The problem seems to be resolved at the moment. I'm just going to make sure I have backups of relevant files in case the problems starts up again.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”