B-17?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: B-17?

Post by bladerunner900 »

I just hope they (A2A) release something interesting for MFS. There is nothing in it to attract me at present. I'll post no more here. I'll wait and see what happens. The ball is entirely in their court AFAIC

Steve.

Hapless2305
Airman First Class

Post by Hapless2305 »

From the VERY imaginary 55th Composite Wing that flew experimental aircraft and covert missions. :roll: 8) :wink:
Lee

Image Image
Image Image

cro24
Airman First Class

Post by cro24 »

bladerunner900 wrote: 13 Sep 2020, 12:55 I just hope they (A2A) release something interesting for MFS. There is nothing in it to attract me at present. I'll post no more here. I'll wait and see what happens. The ball is entirely in their court AFAIC
Steve.
Itoo
CM ASUS ROG STRIX Z270F / CPU Intel I7 7700K 4,2 GHz / GTX 1080 STRIX 8 Go/ Mem 4 X 8Go DDR4 skill ripjaws 2400 / FS2020 / FFB2 / quadrant & rudder saiteck / Trackir 5 / A2A: I am waiting :cry:

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

Hapless2305 wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 18:49 Image

From the VERY imaginary 55th Composite Wing that flew experimental aircraft and covert missions. :roll: 8) :wink:
Very nice!
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

SeattleSleeper
Airman First Class

Post by SeattleSleeper »

Can we have a definitive answerer to the question; "Is A2A still going to convert the WOP2 B-17 with AccuSim to P3DV4 and P3DV5?"

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

I don't care anymore about P3D, now I want it for MSFS2020...
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

jcblom wrote: 06 Oct 2020, 15:22 I don't care anymore about P3D, now I want it for MSFS2020...
I would think that it is last on their list of aircraft for FS2020.

cro24
Airman First Class

Post by cro24 »

SeattleSleeper wrote: 06 Oct 2020, 09:30 Can we have a definitive answerer to the question; "Is A2A still going to convert the WOP2 B-17 with AccuSim to P3DV4 and P3DV5?"
:oops:
In a while, not that far away; in the early days of the Internet, write in big or in capital letters was equivalent to a rant.

Dans un temps, pas si loin que ça; au balbutiement d'Internet, ecrire en gros ou en majuscule equivalait à un coup de gueule. :oops:

A2A does not deserve that.
CM ASUS ROG STRIX Z270F / CPU Intel I7 7700K 4,2 GHz / GTX 1080 STRIX 8 Go/ Mem 4 X 8Go DDR4 skill ripjaws 2400 / FS2020 / FFB2 / quadrant & rudder saiteck / Trackir 5 / A2A: I am waiting :cry:

mcdonaldgt5
Airman

Post by mcdonaldgt5 »

Quanto tempo devo aspettare?

Junkman00
Airman

Post by Junkman00 »

Yes How Long do we hang in there? A2A has not produced any new products in two years for the public, we just get updates, so tell us were you are in this process. or is it not in your business model? I am loosing my A2A happy times. But understand economically that it may not be a positive add-on, if so say so and lets move on. There I vented, but still waiting.
Junkman00

SeattleSleeper
Airman First Class

Post by SeattleSleeper »

cro24 wrote: 06 Oct 2020, 15:37
SeattleSleeper wrote: 06 Oct 2020, 09:30 Can we have a definitive answerer to the question; "Is A2A still going to convert the WOP2 B-17 with AccuSim to P3DV4 and P3DV5?"
In a while, not that far away; in the early days of the Internet, write in big or in capital letters was equivalent to a rant.

Dans un temps, pas si loin que ça; au balbutiement d'Internet, ecrire en gros ou en majuscule equivalait à un coup de gueule. :oops:

I would say A2A's customers don't deserve this treatment. We've been very patient. We were told in January that it would be "Not too many months [into 2020] that the B-17 should be released for P3DV4. That has not happened, as we are now 8 months down the road, which, from my perspective is "many months."

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

SeattleSleeper wrote: 12 Oct 2020, 15:31
cro24 wrote: 06 Oct 2020, 15:37

I would say A2A's customers don't deserve this treatment. We've been very patient. We were told in January that it would be "Not too many months [into 2020] that the B-17 should be released for P3DV4. That has not happened, as we are now 8 months down the road, which, from my perspective is "many months."
I don't mince words as many of you know, and I won't do so here either.
First, you lot seem to forget that COVID 19 has drastically changed the way businesses are running these days. Two, A2A is under no such obligation to bring this plane to any platform if they have chosen not to. Thirdly, Scott said in another post that they may never bring an older plane to MSFS(there is no 2020) The release of MSFS changed a lot in the simulation market. Better flight dynamics, high detail satellite imagery, and atmospheric simulation means that it will be the simulator of choice for many, for many years to come. There are bugs to work out in it sure, but so has every version of P3D, and FSX never got all of theirs fixed, we just accepted that and moved on, and enjoyed ourselves. P3Dv5 while infinitely better than its predecessors and FSX, still does not hold a candle to what MSFS is now, and has no chance of catch what MSFS will be in the future. This is a old and sad song that gets sung every time a new simulator comes out, and it started with the FS2004 users not wanting to go to FSX, and many of them still haven't but they have also accepted that they are no longer being developed for. No one told you to upgrade to P3Dv5 or MSFS, you did that at your own volition, and A2A is in no way required to support the choice you have made, and is only beholden to themselves. "To Thine Ownself Be True" You want the B-17, roll back to FSX of P3Dv3.4(where I ran it fine for many years) This whole, "Bring it forward with us" rant always is tiresome, it would be like buying a new car, and insisting that you be able to Ford Model T wheels on it. At some point you have to let go, and accept that either A) it's never coming out or B) it not coming out anytime soon, and deal with that. I have accepted that I can't run VR on my system, and due to some issues with Microsoft I can't access my Premium Deluxe content for MSFS, so I've uninstalled the whole thing, and will be flying in DCS for the foreseeable future, and to be honest, if you really want A2A aircraft flying like they should, well for the warbirds anyway, then DCS is where they really should be putting them. That sim cries out for a good Spitfire, P-40, and P-51. Though truth be told I am sick of ETO aircraft and would love to see more Japanese planes made for any platform but, you don't see me jumping up and down and getting tacky with A2A over the real world happenings vs their proposed roadmaps. Just accept that things don't always go according to plan and that you can't do much about it except learn and move on.
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

SeattleSleeper
Airman First Class

Post by SeattleSleeper »

Just set the expectation correctly. That's all I'm asking. We were told something that did not happen, and then there was silence, a refusal to answer. If it's not coming, put it to bed.

Junkman00
Airman

Post by Junkman00 »

Thanks for your warm response. Glad your keeping up.
Junkman00

Junkman00
Airman

Post by Junkman00 »

Well Christmas is just around the corner so should I per order the B-17? My points have gone rusty waiting.
Junkman00

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”