4K Monitor for FSX troubleshooting

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
boilerhead
Airman

4K Monitor for FSX troubleshooting

Post by boilerhead »

Hello there! :D

Today I bought a 4K monitor (or rather a TV) Samsung UE50RU7092 (50 "). My previous TV was a Sony Bravia KDL40W605B (40"). Now I have 3840x2160 display. After the first start, I had the first problems. The loading menu was terribly small and unreadable small font (I read on the internet about some DPI scalling) but I want hear opinions from A2A's team if they don't know something else. But the game was OK with scalling. I need some tips for 4K settings. Is WideViewAspect recommended True or False? I read to someone that True is unrealistic for him. I'm want it realistic. True or false? :roll: Next problem was moving in cockpit (it started to be glitchy) and when flying, the terrain moving was too glitchy if you know what I mean. Like the behavior was delayed or laggy. These problem was not on my old Sony Bravia KDL (not 4K). The Nvidia Control Panel was configured for my old Sony. Can be reason these setting doesn't fit with this 4K monitor? That's why it's glitchy? VSync or something?
Does someone play here in 4K? Thanks for reply friends ! :fsx:

(Stock FSX, Win 10 Pro, Samsung UE50RU7092, 3840x2160 res., compatibility Win 7)

PROBLEMS in short :
- small menu and font (reason is new 4K monitor, need recommend from you).The game resolution is OK
- WideViewAspect True or False. Which more realistic? Is True unrealistic?
- Glitchy when moving around cockpit or when flying in the sky and see the terrain and he's moving glitchy too (or delayed, laggy).
- Other tips for 4K?
- Nvidia Control Panel was set for my old Sony. I changed only monitor. Now I have these problems. Something with 4K display.

Thanks for replies, sorry for english, greetings from Slovakia :)

boilerhead
Airman

Re: 4K Monitor for FSX troubleshooting

Post by boilerhead »

I forgot the new monitor is 30hz and my old was 60hz.
I recorded video from mobile to see the glitchy part : https://youtu.be/fqexCHv4ooY
See when moving to the left first seconds. It's like cutted display

boilerhead
Airman

Post by boilerhead »

Second video about the problem (see the rwy strips)
https://youtu.be/QjJX6kbO0Y4

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

hope I am not too much the bearer of bad news but tbh TV's don't make ideal monitors, at least not the one you mentioned you if its 30hz. At 30hz it means you are stuck at 30FPS viewable unlike say a modern 4k monitor that starts at 60hz but the good ones for gaming are 100+ hz.

However some work around's to stop the tearing will be to make sure you have vsync turned on in the FSX settings, this should help with the tearing. I'd also recommend you set the FSX Framerate to 30 as that should save a little horse power for elsewhere hopefully giving you a smooth 30 rather than and up and down higher rate.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

boilerhead
Airman

Post by boilerhead »

Thanks for reply Lewis. I found this from official Samsung site (gaming mode). https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00079575/
I try these steps if that help :a2awhite: Then I try your 30fps but I when shift Z it shows sometimes more than 80fps

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Smashing stuff, yes make sure any game modes etc are enabled as that might up the refresh rates for you a little.

Remember framewise the reporting isnt accurate at the top end, for example if can display 150+ but my 1080p 60hz monitor can only physically display 60max.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

boilerhead
Airman

Post by boilerhead »

I enabled VSync ON on Nvidia Control Panel. It disappeared, it's smooth but there are spikes/needles when moving cam but there is delay when moving hat switch or free mouse look. That spikes are ok but it have delay. I tried fast sync, not smoothest but good, adaptive bad, off glitchy like in my videos and ON was best but delayed cam? :? Locking 30fps was so bad for me, I still using unlimited, it's smoothest for me.

Does anyone know why on VSync ON my free look is delayed ? (Cam moving)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Try setting it in FSX instead of the Nvidia driver settings. Also try 60frame lock instead of 30.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

boilerhead
Airman

Post by boilerhead »

Hello again, I found the solution a few months ago (for those who will have the same poblem).
Not only game had laggy behavior but in the Windows desktop too. I'm went into the screen settings and the refresh rate was 30hz. I adjusted it to 60hz and everything was smooth not only in game.
All glitchy and odd behavior disappeared. :D :a2awhite:
Just change screen refresh rate from 30 to 60 and it works. My TV has 30hz rr.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear you got it sorted! 8) 8)

cheers,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”