FS2020 A2A Wishlist

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
patful
Master Sergeant

Re: FS2020 A2A Wishlist

Post by patful »

I always said a Cub didn't really appeal to me, but flying around MSFS New Zealand in the Merlin-powered Savage Cub has changed my mind. Love being able to land and takeoff practically anywhere, just need a PROPER Cub. A Stearman 75 would be much better, though, but I'd take a Cub.

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

That's a great looking screenshot for the year 2005 :)
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

einherz
Master Sergeant

Post by einherz »

may be i will kill my self for i'll say now, if it will out before mustang, but bird dog would be much more interesting than all the other cessnas, cubs and pipers together... intuition say me, it will never be created by a2a as p-38 and p-39, but i stay hope to see all those 3 birds include dog:) even before mustang(ouch, i said it aloud)
rank is not classified airman - forum's engine glitch(again!)

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Thanks to the latest patch, my i5 is humming along with zero issues now, no long pauses/freezes, and no microstutters at all. I'm all in now. I've just read that MSFS won't allow aircraft with weapons to be sold through the Microsoft Store. Can anybody at A2A confirm this? That would suck. If so, my wishlist is down to anything with one engine and steam gauges, and as soon as possible. Not loving the default aircraft.

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

patful wrote: 18 Sep 2020, 21:40 I've just read that MSFS won't allow aircraft with weapons to be sold through the Microsoft Store. Can anybody at A2A confirm this? That would suck. If so, my wishlist is down to anything with one engine and steam gauges, and as soon as possible. Not loving the default aircraft.
Interesting. Do you have a link for that?
And it depends what they mean by "aircraft with weapons". I don't own them so i don't know, but i would imagine that the weapons on A2A's warbirds never functioned. Also, i am fairly certain that the civilian P51 doesn't have weapons.

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

cristi.neagu wrote: 19 Sep 2020, 04:40 Interesting. Do you have a link for that?
And it depends what they mean by "aircraft with weapons". I don't own them so i don't know, but i would imagine that the weapons on A2A's warbirds never functioned. Also, i am fairly certain that the civilian P51 doesn't have weapons.
Miraculously, I was able to find the link! From the site: "On an interesting secondary note, Microsoft apparently does not allow aircraft with weapons to be available on the marketplace, which hinders the possibility of having military attack jets available, unless through external distributors."
https://msfsaddons.com/2020/09/17/anoth ... the-m-346/

As for the civilian P-51, it still has the gun barrels. That was the reason I went for the military version. If you're gonna completely redo the cockpit, leave the guns and fairings/ports off too. Reason I asked the question of A2A is indeed whether MSFS means functional weapons, or just for show. If A2A can't sell the warbirds through the marketplace, they might not think it's worth the effort.

Buffy Foster

Post by Buffy Foster »

A2A can still sell them with their own nice installer, so It's probably not a big deal?

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

patful wrote: 19 Sep 2020, 07:52
cristi.neagu wrote: 19 Sep 2020, 04:40 Interesting. Do you have a link for that?
Miraculously, I was able to find the link! From the site: "On an interesting secondary note, Microsoft apparently does not allow aircraft with weapons to be available on the marketplace, which hinders the possibility of having military attack jets available, unless through external distributors."
https://msfsaddons.com/2020/09/17/anoth ... the-m-346/

As for the civilian P-51, it still has the gun barrels. That was the reason I went for the military version. If you're gonna completely redo the cockpit, leave the guns and fairings/ports off too. Reason I asked the question of A2A is indeed whether MSFS means functional weapons, or just for show. If A2A can't sell the warbirds through the marketplace, they might not think it's worth the effort.
It's always incredibly disappointing when good things are marred by woketitude...

WillWork2Fly
Airman Basic

Post by WillWork2Fly »

Hmmm my wishlist...

Piper Comanche
Piper Archer III
Epic E1000
Pilatus PC-24
WACO YMF-5F (5D with amphibious pontoons)

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

B-25B Mitchell!

Seeya
ATB

paddler
Airman

Post by paddler »

Buffy Foster wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 13:44 If we're gonna dream; how can we not want A2A to make a nice DHC-2 Beaver for MSFS2020, with and without floats:

Great video! I am with you 100%. Make this one of the first offerings!

Rick

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Unfortunately, a Beaver has been requested for years, and repeatedly refused with the standard "no plans for a Beaver at this stage".

But this is just wrong. Surely, given the Beaver's record and it's dedicated fans, how could you not make planes for an A2A Beaver?? I'll bet if Scott ever flew one, there would be plans for an Accusim Beaver, and I'd be a day 1 customer.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

Dogsbody55 wrote: 20 Sep 2020, 00:38 Unfortunately, a Beaver has been requested for years, and repeatedly refused with the standard "no plans for a Beaver at this stage".

But this is just wrong. Surely, given the Beaver's record and it's dedicated fans, how could you not make planes for an A2A Beaver?? I'll bet if Scott ever flew one, there would be plans for an Accusim Beaver, and I'd be a day 1 customer.

Cheers,
Mike
1) A2A has always made planes that THEY were passionate about. All A2A planes are works of passion and dedication. If they are not passionate about the aircraft the work will be substandard. Period.

2) The Beaver's record factors little into it, as there far more widespread aircraft with just as dedicated fan bases as the Beaver. I do concede that the Beaver is an excellent bush plane and would be a great addition to P3D and MSFS. But so too would the the Otter, Twin Otter, Cessna 185, Husky, and An-2, just to name but a few, and they all have larger numbers in use around the world than the Beaver.(Personally I would love to see the Twin Otter and we're going to get one from Aerosoft)

3) Numerous planes have been requested here over the years but, that in no way mean A2A is obligated to make them just because a small vocal minority request a particular aircraft.(Hell, seeing Scott's log book entries makes me now wish more than ever that they'd do a helicopter ANY helicopter but, seeing that he has BK-117 time that would be a great(albeit very complex)helicopter to Accu-Sim)

4) There have been more requests here for the Lancaster and DC-3 than the Beaver, so I'd wager they'd do one of those before they did a Beaver, that said, all of their projects move them forward and the Aerostar is just one more rung on that ladder as is the AT-6 Texan II and the T-38. After soaring with eagles(though I don't know why it's always eagles falcons are so much faster) it's hard to peck the ground with the pigeons.

5) Just because you want it, don't automatically assume that everyone else does, too.
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

Tyrion
Airman First Class

Post by Tyrion »

V-tail Bonanza for sure. I've barely flown any other GA aircraft since that one came out.

After that? I'd love to see an A2A DC-3. That would be amazing.
And I'm still dreaming about a GOOD single engine turboprop. So I wouldn't say no to a TBM850...
Best regards,
Lars Domen

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

ImpendingJoker wrote: 20 Sep 2020, 02:20[...] Cessna 185 [...]
When!? Where!? Let me at it!

-Esa

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”