EULA Question: Recompiling A2A aircraft for FS2020?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
ThreeGreenGaming
Airman

Re: EULA Question: Recompiling A2A aircraft for FS2020?

Post by ThreeGreenGaming »

Dominique wrote: 21 Aug 2020, 02:30
Buffy Foster wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 14:00 As eager as I am to have my nice A2A planes in MSFS, I'll wait till A2A is ready to release the best possible ones, not just quick ports in legacy mode.

Besides, flying the default planes for awhile will make me appreciate the A2A ones even more when they come out. :D
My dear, Hook just wrote my post. I am not willing to wait an eternity before getting the A2A aircraft to Asobo’s world. And an eternity is two or three years after you passed 70 :D (71yo here).

A2A is the only designer of warbirds, nay of excellent warbirds. To put it bluntly I’d rather have my beloved T6 or 51 sooner with the legacy architecture than never with the new architecture.

GA : to see Carenado releasing a Skylane now when there was nothing closer than the Aerostar on the A2A radar screen was frustrating for an old customer like me ( currently 8 aircraft plus a couple of them before FSX). I’d say that the A2A Comanche or 182 even with the legacy architecture would be better.

I know that the Aerostar will be a great aircraft but honestly we need a couple of A2A « oldies » to wait for her. I am selfishly glad to hear A2A say they look into it now.

And thanks to @harryvoyager for raising the issue,

One thing to remember, Carenado releasing their 182 most likely has an extremely small fraction of code compared to a well simulated A2A model aircraft. They are essentially re-skinned default airplanes. A2A will release something once they have had time to make sure that all of the kinks can be worked out and release a quality product. One thing to remember is that the guys at A2A have worked for years to build the reputation that they have now of being the absolute top shelf General Aviation aircraft on the market. They would not want to tarnish that reputation at all by trying to "hurry to market" with something that is below their regular standards. Patience is well worth it in scenarios like this.
RW CFI/CFII
Founder - Three Green Gaming
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/threegreengaming
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNjGbX ... AdprNNwqXQ

Founder - The Flightsim Community Podcast : http://flightsimcommunitypodcast.com/

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

ThreeGreenGaming wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 09:41

One thing to remember, Carenado releasing their 182 most likely has an extremely small fraction of code compared to a well simulated A2A model aircraft. They are essentially re-skinned default airplanes. A2A will release something once they have had time to make sure that all of the kinks can be worked out and release a quality product. One thing to remember is that the guys at A2A have worked for years to build the reputation that they have now of being the absolute top shelf General Aviation aircraft on the market. They would not want to tarnish that reputation at all by trying to "hurry to market" with something that is below their regular standards. Patience is well worth it in scenarios like this.
Oh I remember all right, I have been a customer in this outfit for more than 15 years with about 10 aircraft (8 currently active) :wink: . I fly almost exclusively A2A and the RealAir T-Duke.

I understand Scott's passion in what he does in general, in his next great project the Aerostar in particular.

A2A has admittedly no contractual obligation to us to port the oldies. On the other hand, we, the customers, love them ... Patience is certainly a virtue. To a point. :mrgreen:
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Dominique wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 13:31
ThreeGreenGaming wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 09:41

Oh I remember all right, I have been a customer in this outfit for more than 15 years with about 10 aircraft (8 currently active) :wink: . I fly almost exclusively A2A and the RealAir T-Duke.

I understand Scott's passion in what he does in general, in his next great project the Aerostar in particular.

A2A has admittedly no contractual obligation to us to port the oldies. On the other hand, we, the customers, love them ... Patience is certainly a virtue. To a point. :mrgreen:
I fear they won't be able to bring them in.. There is no way for me to go back to P3D's scenery, even ORBX, for VFR flights but considering the time required for A2A to develop a single aircraft it will be a damn long time for a proper A2A fleet to build up. I have nothing against the Aerostar, I'm sure I'll love it. But it's a "fast and high" airplane like a Kingair or so. I would miss something like the 172 or Cherokee and heck.. the radials!!!! My T6 :(

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

ThreeGreenGaming wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 09:41 One thing to remember, Carenado releasing their 182 most likely has an extremely small fraction of code compared to a well simulated A2A model aircraft. They are essentially re-skinned default airplanes. A2A will release something once they have had time to make sure that all of the kinks can be worked out and release a quality product. One thing to remember is that the guys at A2A have worked for years to build the reputation that they have now of being the absolute top shelf General Aviation aircraft on the market. They would not want to tarnish that reputation at all by trying to "hurry to market" with something that is below their regular standards. Patience is well worth it in scenarios like this.
I don't think it's a reskinned default airplane. Carenado did what Carenado has always done: Took a pretty nice 3D model, paired it up with a 100% made in-sim flight model (as opposed to the custom flight models the likes of A2A use), and delivered an ok product. I'm sure that it's a very nice plane, and it probably flies ok considering the updated MSFS flight model. But i agree with the general sentiment that Carenado and A2A are very different companies, aiming for very different goals. And that's ok. To each their own.

pilot37
Senior Airman

Post by pilot37 »

Just had my first proper MSFS2020 flight from KSFO to Napa in the Zlin.

There is a huge improvement in graphics leading to a more enjoyable VFR flight, a much better sense of altitude, sense of place, I'm no longer flying on rails, runways are sloped, non enhanced airports (I checked out about 10) are 10 times better than P3D and the lighting/weather/terrain are all in there without starting up a load of external software.....Just track Ir and MSFS2020. So for me there is no way back for me to P3D.

It is a bit painful to let go of my large A2A fleet but (A2A+P3D) cannot match MSFS2020.

Bearing in mind that the stock aircraft lack opening doors and windows etc could A2A release some non Accusim work whilst we wait for the real McCoy?

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

pilot37 wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 06:02 Bearing in mind that the stock aircraft lack opening doors and windows etc could A2A release some non Accusim work whilst we wait for the real McCoy?
I'm going out on a limb to say no...never...like, ever......
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Buffy Foster

Post by Buffy Foster »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 08:48
pilot37 wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 06:02 Bearing in mind that the stock aircraft lack opening doors and windows etc could A2A release some non Accusim work whilst we wait for the real McCoy?
I'm going out on a limb to say no...never...like, ever......
I think you're on solid ground. :P

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

MarcE wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 13:39 !!!! My T6
Attaboy
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

Jeffryintveld
Airman First Class

Post by Jeffryintveld »

I have already seen many third party developers who originally released planes for FSX, Xplane and P3d, who are converting some of their planes already towards MSFS2020! DC Designs already have shown their F-15C Eagle, P-61C Black Widow and the RF-61C Reporter they are porting over on their Facebook page.

supersym2
Airman

Post by supersym2 »

Hi !
I guess you will transale all the planes you can in MSFS as soon as you can !
But do you plan to rewrite later some of your planes to use all the capability of this new simulator, of course, when the final SDK will be avalaible ?

Wasabi65
Airman First Class

Post by Wasabi65 »

I think that it is not a case of if, but when.
The market for 3rd party addons for XP, P3d and FSX will diminish rapidly as more and more long-term sim enthusiasts make the transition to MSFS. I am already hearing a lot of die hard XP users committing themselves to the new sim, even though it has only been out for just over a week.
So it seems obvious that Scott and his team will be making aircraft for MSFS, and will be finding ways to move over the old fleet. They are enthusiasts, but they are also a business. It would make no sense to continue without transitioning to the new platform.

But....I could not be happier to hear that Scott is looking at ways to port in the existing planes. I have all my fingers crossed that this is easily achievable and can happen. I really miss my PA28. To fly her in this new sim would be a dream come true! And yes...I would pay for it all over again if I had to; in a heartbeat.

May your winds be calm my friends!
Andrew
ImageImage

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

At least Scott hasn‘t come back a day later to tell us it‘s not possible. That might mean something good ^^

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

MarcE wrote: 28 Aug 2020, 08:07 At least Scott hasn‘t come back a day later to tell us it‘s not possible. That might mean something good ^^
Or it might just mean that the current state of the SDK is not advanced enough to say either way. Or maybe they already converted them and they're having so much fun testing them that they forgot about the rest of us :D

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

cristi.neagu wrote: 28 Aug 2020, 11:13
MarcE wrote: 28 Aug 2020, 08:07 At least Scott hasn‘t come back a day later to tell us it‘s not possible. That might mean something good ^^
Or maybe they already converted them and they're having so much fun testing them that they forgot about the rest of us :D
I love that thought more ^^

gpbarth
Airman First Class

Post by gpbarth »

Dominique wrote: 21 Aug 2020, 02:30
Buffy Foster wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 14:00 As eager as I am to have my nice A2A planes in MSFS, I'll wait till A2A is ready to release the best possible ones, not just quick ports in legacy mode.

Besides, flying the default planes for awhile will make me appreciate the A2A ones even more when they come out. :D
My dear, Hook just wrote my post. I am not willing to wait an eternity before getting the A2A aircraft to Asobo’s world. And an eternity is two or three years after you passed 70 :D (71yo here).

A2A is the only designer of warbirds, nay of excellent warbirds. To put it bluntly I’d rather have my beloved T6 or 51 sooner with the legacy architecture than never with the new architecture.

GA : to see Carenado releasing a Skylane now when there was nothing closer than the Aerostar on the A2A radar screen was frustrating for an old customer like me ( currently 8 aircraft plus a couple of them before FSX). I’d say that the A2A Comanche or 182 even with the legacy architecture would be better.

I know that the Aerostar will be a great aircraft but honestly we need a couple of A2A « oldies » to wait for her. I am selfishly glad to hear A2A say they look into it now.

And thanks to @harryvoyager for raising the issue,
Boy! We've got some boomers up here! I'm 73 me-self, and been flying MSFS since 1980 (it wasn't yet MS then). And I was part of the alpha and beta testing for FS2020, and although the MS fleet is nice, there are really NO study aircraft available. After flying my A2A stuff in FSX (also PMDG, Flight1, Coronado and RealAir), I really want true-to-life a/c in FS2020.

So, I would love to have my few planes from A2A ported over ASAP! I was surprised that RealAir went out of business, because their Turbine Duke was amazing. Flight1's Beech King Air is also hot. Those are the aircraft I'm waiting for.

Make it snappy, A2A! No, really, but it would be nice!
-= Gary =-
MSFS2020, DCS World, A2A Accu-Sim Military & Civilian P-51, Cessna 172, Comanche 250, Win 10 64-bit, I7-7700, ASUS GTX108Ti, 32Gb RAM, 2 2Tb drives.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”