Short time freezes P3DV4. Any ideas?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
woe
Airman Basic

Short time freezes P3DV4. Any ideas?

Post by woe »

Hello Boys and Girls,

I have a problem with P3DV4.5. Actually I have it since I use P3DV4.

I usually get between 40 and 65 fps and everything is working quite nicely. But once I've flown for 20 to 30 minutes the problem starts. All of a sudden everything freezes for 15-20 seconds, while fps drop to something between 1 and 6 fps. Then everything comes back to life as it was before: 40 to 65 fps. The longer I fly, the more it happens.
This happens wherever I fly and with every aircraft. It happens with or without Global traffic, with or without traffic (cars, aircraft, etc) enabled.

It doesn't matter how much I tweak landclasses etc.
I switched off antivirus and firewall to no avail.

I never had this problem with P3Dv2 or P3Dv3.

Does anybody know this problem? Any ideas?

Cheers
Wolfgang

----------------

Soft- and hardware:

i7 4790 3.6 Ghz
16gb ram
GeForce 1080 11GB VRam
Disc C: 1 TB SSD 60% full
Disc D: 1 TB SSD only P3D installed 70% full
2 more SSD (for other programs)

Saitec:
Rudderpedals, Yoke, Switchpanel, AP-Panel, Radiopanel, 2x Quadrant (sometimes an elevator trim panel too)

Windows 7 (64bit) professionell
Weather: Active Sky P3D
Every Orbx product available installed, except truexxx (not all airports, though)
several add-on airports worldwide
Spad Next
P3Dv4.5

Sometimes GSX and other add-ons like global traffic
A2A Aircraft: Skylane, Texan, P51 D Civilian, Comanche, Bonanza
System: B450 Tomahawk Max, Ryzen 7 (8 x 4,4GHz), 64GB RAM, GTX 1080 11GB RAM, SSDs, Windows 10, P3DV4.5

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Short time freezes P3DV4. Any ideas?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

what is your anti-malware software on the PC?

That'd be my first thought if its a somewhat timed cycle event, it could be anti-virus/malware etc kicking in on a regular cycle, or scanning a particular file it thinks might be dodgy but is in use in P3D etc.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

woe
Airman Basic

Post by woe »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 09 Sep 2020, 06:10 Hello,

what is your anti-malware software on the PC?

That'd be my first thought if its a somewhat timed cycle event, it could be anti-virus/malware etc kicking in on a regular cycle, or scanning a particular file it thinks might be dodgy but is in use in P3D etc.

thanks,
Lewis
Thanks for coming back to me!

I use Bullguard Antivirus. But it happens even if I switch it off. Funny enough these problems start about 20-60 minutes into the flight and get more regular as time goes by. (I do a lot of cross country, 2-4h flights especially with the Bonanza. Amazing work, btw. But it happens with the Dash8 too.)

Wolfgang
System: B450 Tomahawk Max, Ryzen 7 (8 x 4,4GHz), 64GB RAM, GTX 1080 11GB RAM, SSDs, Windows 10, P3DV4.5

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

double check it is disbaled as normally thats v hard to do. To be honest rather than disable add exceptions to the software so it lets the p3d program run without hassle and also check you have nothing else running, windows updates or other anti-malware running additional to the standard AV suite.

Also what third party osftware are you running in the sim itself. With this kinda issue ideally youll wan tot load a pretty default P3D see what happens and if no issues occur add stuff back in until the issue pops up. You can normally do this without reinstalling, but just unloaded the stuff from the addons menu etc in p3d, if uo use FSUIPC etc you can rename the dll etc to help get you back to a more out the box p3d where hopefully it is trouble free.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

woe
Airman Basic

Post by woe »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 11 Sep 2020, 14:19 double check it is disbaled as normally thats v hard to do. To be honest rather than disable add exceptions to the software so it lets the p3d program run without hassle and also check you have nothing else running, windows updates or other anti-malware running additional to the standard AV suite.

Also what third party osftware are you running in the sim itself. With this kinda issue ideally youll wan tot load a pretty default P3D see what happens and if no issues occur add stuff back in until the issue pops up. You can normally do this without reinstalling, but just unloaded the stuff from the addons menu etc in p3d, if uo use FSUIPC etc you can rename the dll etc to help get you back to a more out the box p3d where hopefully it is trouble free.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Thank you for the ideas.
The best thing would have been to start without any add-ons, that's correct.

Meanwhile, though I have decided to update motherboard, cpu, ram and os next weekend. I'm not sure, since I'm not an expert, but I guess I have to do a complete reinstall of everything. However, I will take your advice and add the add-ons one by one (aircrafts, landclasses, airports, weather, traffic, atc, etc.) to find out what's going on, although I suspect, that with the hardware updates (MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, Rayzen 3700X, 64GB RAM and Windows 10) I will be fine.

Again, thank you very much!
Wolfgang

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Okie dokie, please do keep us informed in how you get on. These kind of things can be annoying to troubleshoot, having suffered myself with them but was never able to fully nail down to a specific cause, currently trying to track down a micro stutter in MSFS that I believe is net connection.cache related lol :lol:

thanks,
Lewis

woe
Airman Basic

Post by woe »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 05:15 Okie dokie, please do keep us informed in how you get on. These kind of things can be annoying to troubleshoot, having suffered myself with them but was never able to fully nail down to a specific cause, currently trying to track down a micro stutter in MSFS that I believe is net connection.cache related lol :lol:

thanks,
Lewis
Will do!

Thanks

woe
Airman Basic

Post by woe »

woe wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 01:44
Lewis - A2A wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 05:15 Okie dokie, please do keep us informed in how you get on. These kind of things can be annoying to troubleshoot, having suffered myself with them but was never able to fully nail down to a specific cause, currently trying to track down a micro stutter in MSFS that I believe is net connection.cache related lol :lol:

thanks,
Lewis

Sorry, that it took a little longer, a new installation takes always several days with all my stuff.

I upgraded my system with a new motherboard, a new cpu, lots of ram and windows 10. (You can say it's, graphic card aside, a new machine.)
I now have a dedicated computer only for the sim.

The problem is gone which I really don't understand. I used an i7 before and 16gb ram, windows 7 pro and the same graphic card. That should have worked just fine. Well, it didn't. All a2a aircraft are wonderful to fly (60+ fps all weather and all airports. It drops to 30+ with the Q400 and to around 25 fps with the NGXu.

I'm really happy that I bought all the new stuff, but I still can't understand where the bottleneck was.

Anyway, thanks a lot again, for coming back to me so quick!

Wolfgang

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Lovely jubbly then, glad you are all up and running and its going smoothly for you 8) 8) Long may it continue that way for you and you enjoy many many hours in the virtual skies.

thanks,
Lewis

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”