Is there a timetable?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Seat7A
Airman First Class

Is there a timetable?

Post by Seat7A »

If it is possible to convert an A2A P3D aircraft to MSFS2020, then there is some hint about a timetable. Are we talking for weeks, months or even longer before it is clear if this is possible? Only a thought in all humility. :a2a:

/Thomas
Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3, MSFS2020, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB, 2 Corsair M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO, 32GB DDR4, Win 10 BenQ 32” 4K. A2A, Q400, Maddog, IFly B737

Buffy Foster

Re: Is there a timetable?

Post by Buffy Foster »

Historically, A2A is pretty quiet about status of projects, so I think we just have to be patient and keep our fingers crossed that things are going well. I think the MSFS SDK has a bit of work needed still, too.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Buffy Foster wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 10:00I think the MSFS SDK has a bit of work needed still, too.
Right now FS2020 is not quite ready to handle imports of Accu-Sim FSX / P3D aircraft but Asobo is also responsive and working hard in supporting the platform. In the meantime we keep working on the Aerostar for both P3D and FS2020.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

In the meantime I’ll stick with FSX, just working on a button box for the 4-engined :a2a: aircraft. :D
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

PMDG have just announced that they will have to park the NG3 until probably Q3 2021. I think this says a lot about the readiness of MSFS just now and my guess is that A2A will need to wait several months too, at least. I personally don't expect any of the comparable developers releasing before Easter. However they will be able to collect forces for development for P3D4/5. I just hope that A2A won't wait for MSFS with the release of the Aerostar. I am SO ready for this airplane :D

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I've seen a few other third party developers saying they're suspending projects for MSFS too. Not surprising given that the SDK is a work in progress and will continue to be so for some time.

But to MS's and Asobo's credit, they are still working on it which is a must, or it would soon go the way of Flight and FSW, which I'm sure none of us want. Patience, Grasshopper.

Just glad I have back up hobbies :roll: .

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

The reports of P3D's death are greatly exaggerated.

-Esa

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

I think so too. P3Dv5 has "just" been released and I doubt people have left or will leave it, except a few premature.. euhm.. yes.

P3D is and will remain a great platform for evolved simulation addons and it will be developed further. Maybe they won't use a streamed scenery, or will they, who knows.. P3D isn't FSX anymore, and so are neither MSFS nor XP. All of them have their benefits and while MSFS has had a much too early start it's obvious that Asobo want to do it well. Unfortunately some of their priorities are a little strange IMO, all above the MS demanded XBOX version. Not sure what they hope to achieve with that, I expect it's going to be a short fascination but will become boring quickly. Anyway.. Asobo have created a great platform but it's not ready, as simple as that.

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

I have switched back to FSX until FS2020 is ready

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

AKar wrote: 27 Sep 2020, 03:07 The reports of P3D's death are greatly exaggerated.
Well, P3D4 did die every third flight or so on my rig after the last two hotfixes, not an exaggeration. :mrgreen: No way I was gonna risk buying P3D5 after that. I stopped flying altogether for several months until MSFS came out, bought it out of desperation. If I have to suffer flying crappy VFR aircraft with no hope of ever getting an A2A single prop, so be it.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

patful wrote: 27 Sep 2020, 08:50
AKar wrote: 27 Sep 2020, 03:07 The reports of P3D's death are greatly exaggerated.
Well, P3D4 did die every third flight or so on my rig after the last two hotfixes, not an exaggeration. :mrgreen: No way I was gonna risk buying P3D5 after that. I stopped flying altogether for several months until MSFS came out, bought it out of desperation. If I have to suffer flying crappy VFR aircraft with no hope of ever getting an A2A single prop, so be it.
Hmm, I'm not in any way saying that P3D was that much more polished product than the FSX ever was, but for me, the v4 was rather stable and the v5 is as stable as anything, even getting rid of random crashes caused by task switching and jumping from windowed to full screen.

This is only my personal observation, but PMDG's "timetable" they recently came out with is roughly in line with my expectations (formed mostly pre-release) of wide-spread, high-end addon aircraft support. Of course, some may get there sooner, some may not get there at all. We'll see.

-Esa

Buffy Foster

Post by Buffy Foster »

At least there are some community projects to mod the default planes to fix them up nice. Still not A2A nice by a mile, but way better than they were.

I'm really happy that Scott said Asobo is being open and working hard on simconnect; I think if they take A2A's feedback and advice onboard, then it will help MSFS a lot! \o/

Happy flying! :)

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

AKar wrote: 27 Sep 2020, 08:59 Hmm, I'm not in any way saying that P3D was that much more polished product than the FSX ever was, but for me, the v4 was rather stable and the v5 is as stable as anything, even getting rid of random crashes caused by task switching and jumping from windowed to full screen.
Other than the occasional microstutters, I was happy enough with P3D4 until those hotfixes. I did get rid of the random pauses by switching off "pause on task switch," but the crashes continued. It might have been Orbx, ActiveSky, A2A, who knows? As long as I kept my flights below 15 minutes, I was golden. I was worried it was my GPU at one point, but MSFS has confirmed it's not. As for P3D5, I'm not gonna spend another $199 to find out.

Seat7A
Airman First Class

Post by Seat7A »

Scott - A2A wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 17:10
Buffy Foster wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 10:00I think the MSFS SDK has a bit of work needed still, too.
Right now FS2020 is not quite ready to handle imports of Accu-Sim FSX / P3D aircraft but Asobo is also responsive and working hard in supporting the platform. In the meantime we keep working on the Aerostar for both P3D and FS2020.

Scott
Thank you Scott for your answer. We will wait and see and in the meantime we will fly A2A Commanche in P3D which is good enough!

/Thomas
Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3, MSFS2020, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB, 2 Corsair M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO, 32GB DDR4, Win 10 BenQ 32” 4K. A2A, Q400, Maddog, IFly B737

Wasabi65
Airman First Class

Post by Wasabi65 »

Scott - A2A wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 17:10

Scott
I admire your integrity Scott. There are other developers that are rushing out low quality products just to cash-in on the wave of interest in MSFS but you are doing the right thing by taking your time to do it right.
The community are eagerly anticipating that first release for the new platform, but A2A's reputation is more important that making a few quick bucks with poorly made products.
It will be worth the wait I am sure!
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”