A2A on Orbx Direct.... :-O

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Medtner
A2A Mechanic

A2A on Orbx Direct.... :-O

Post by Medtner »

Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Mikenor
Staff Sergeant

Re: A2A on Orbx Direct.... :-O

Post by Mikenor »

Buying at Orbx not sure wed be able to apply or receive flying hours (discount points) like we do here. Personally I’ll be sticking with A2A direct.

Thx,
Mike

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Mikenor wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 06:23 Buying at Orbx not sure wed be able to apply or receive flying hours (discount points) like we do here. Personally I’ll be sticking with A2A direct.
Me too, I gave up third party sites years ago. And I noticed the P3D Pro versions at $140 AUD are $20 USD higher than I paid at the A2A store, but the Academic prices are the same?

CrownCityMisfit
Senior Airman

Post by CrownCityMisfit »

Despite being a happy user of Orbx Direct, I will stick with A2A store.

Although, I've always longed for some sort of all-in-one A2A install hub with store integration.
10900k | 3090 | Win10 | C4D | Adobe Suite | Cinema 4D | Unity
MSFS |The Skypark | Orbx | Milviz | PMDG | anxiously waiting for A2A
Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | CH Pro Pedals |Stream Deck XL

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

BladderBoy wrote: 06 Oct 2020, 13:10 Although, I've always longed for some sort of all-in-one A2A install hub with store integration.
Ugh, hated when Orbx went to that.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

From A2A's point of view I see the logic.. reach more customers (I'm not so sure about THAT myself...)

From a customer's point of view, why EVER buy from a third party when the direct is EASILY available. Why pay ORBX a commission and
reduce revenue to A2A (or why pay MORE at the third party).

At least the product support is still through A2A and not subject to ORBX's particular "style".
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Killratio wrote: 07 Oct 2020, 21:18 ...not subject to ORBX's particular "style".
:mrgreen:

wblackret
Staff Sergeant

Post by wblackret »

I personally don’t have an issue with it. I will say that I am more comfortable with purchasing direct from A2A. First the points one can accumulate towards additional purchases and I have personally enjoyed the type of support provided by Scott, Lewis and a multitude of those I have met through this forum.
I see it as a smart business decision at this point in time. Get your products in front of as many viewers as possible. The new simulator has obviously generated a bunch of interest, but quality study level aircraft won’t appear overnight unless it is rushed to make it available. A2A has made it known they won’t do that, and I believe they shouldn’t. However, with many experiencing issues with the new simulator, I believe they are spending more time in the tried and true simulations out there.
People like pretty scenery, myself included, so why not put access to your product where pretty scenery can be found.
Business is business and I believe A2A has a plan and will remain a top notch company that provides quality study level products for users to enjoy no matter how they decide to purchase it.
Bill Black

C172,C182,250 Comanche,J3 Cub,P-40,Bonanza
MSFS, P3Dv4.5
JETLINE GT2
W10,Z390 PRO MB,9TH GEN I7 9700K 4.9 GHZ (OC),KRAKEN M22 120 MHZ CPU LC,32 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3200 GHZ RAM, EVGA 8 GB RTX 2070 SUPER,850 WATT CORSAIR PS,2TB CORSAIR SSD.

jackwall
Airman

Post by jackwall »

This caught my attention also but I quickly realised, this is really no different than the already existing A2A offerings through other 3rd parties, eg Sim-Market.

"Commission" was mentioned and I agree, I prefer to go direct when I can. That is not always possible through.
Whilst commission is not determinable from the pricing, I decided to compare prices. (any commission agreements will be seperate and confidential)

I took the A2A Accusim P3D Professional J3-Cub product and compared the A2A Store price against Sim-Market and OrbxDirect.

As of this posts timestamp and using fxconvert.net to do the exchange conversions, I find A2A to be best bang for buck.
*bold = site's native currency

A2A Store: $49.99 US (or €42.37 or $69.19 AUD)
Sim-Market: $63.59 US (or €53.82 or $88.02 AUD)
OrbxDirect: $50.57 US (or €42.80 or $70.00 AUD)

Still lovin' flyin' the Comanche and looking forward to the Aerostar!

S!

Buffy Foster

Post by Buffy Foster »

It's nice to see A2A get more visibility through more stores; but I'm glad I can still go direct (no middlemen taking a cut), and I hope it will be the same for MSFS. :)

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”