A2A Aerostar flights

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Scott - A2A
A2A General

A2A Aerostar flights

Post by Scott - A2A »

Finally got this airplane back in the air. A critical step for Accu-Sim. More recorded flights to come.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: A2A Aerostar first flight

Post by DHenriques_ »

Scott - A2A wrote: 24 Nov 2020, 15:24

Finally got this airplane back in the air. A critical step for Accu-Sim. More recorded flights to come.

Scott
Looking good there guy, especially after laying off for as long as you have. Engines sound great. The cold air I'm sure helped that takeoff a bit.
The plane looks good.
I couldn't tell if the J3 tailwheel was a Scott or a Maule or stock. Might be a spring or uneven wear. Shouldn't be a major hit to fix it.
Good to see you back in the air. You've become my alter-ego :-)

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

Fantastic Scott. Shame the cameras didn't want to fly. They just don't know what history they just missed.

Al
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

What a fantastic update! And, of course Murphy's law as far as the cameras of course. Hope your testing goes well, and that you find time to "just" fly and enjoy the plane as well.

That shot of the takeoff from the ramp at Simsbury! Damn! Looked like a rocked launch! Is this plane connected to SpaceX, or something? :-P
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

That was a thoroughly enjoyable video. The Aerostar sure takes off like a rocket, all right! Seems very light on the controls - she'll probably take a very gentle touch. Man, what power! We are all looking forward to having our own Aerostars.

Here's an interesting article on the Aerostar: https://www.aviationconsumer.com/aircra ... erostar-2/. Make sure you scroll down to see all the pictures.

Thank you
ATB

iceman14555
Airman

Post by iceman14555 »

Now the question is, when do we get the Accusim Stearman?😁

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Marvellous! What I got from that video was that after you've finished messing about with that Aerostar there is NO excuse for not doing an A2A Stearman! Preferably for 2020 but I would keep P3Dv5 on for it. :D
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Ron Attwood wrote: 24 Nov 2020, 20:02 Marvellous! What I got from that video was that after you've finished messing about with that Aerostar there is NO excuse for not doing an A2A Stearman! Preferably for 2020 but I would keep P3Dv5 on for it. :D
EDIT: Hah! Iceman got in first while I was typing.
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Well, its a very interesting video in spite of the video issues....and you made Justin’s day! So, well done, Scott!
I’ve mainly been interested in the more vintage A2A aircraft. I had the 172 in FSX and I have the Bonanza in P3D...but neither one has (or did) accumulate very many hours. The Aerostar though...that is whispering to me a little stronger. I think I should start looking through some documents in preparation for THE day.

Very nice update...thanks for putting that up for all of us!😉

Edit- the tail wheel shimmy on the Cub seems like it would eat tires at an alarming rate...so here’s hoping you get that one canceled out quick.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Thanks so much for the update Scott!! That's going to be loads of fun in both sims :mrgreen:

Years ago I "helped" our mechanic with a side job doing some maintenance on an Aerostar based in the same hangar as our Jet Commander (also a Ted Smith design :wink:) and Westwind. Although I never had the opportunity to go for a flight, just sitting in it reminded me very much of a little jet that just happened to have propellers and that it should be flown accordingly...except of course, when you're making use of its ability to get in and out of 2000' strips :wink:

Well done and good for you Sir!! I'm certainly looking forward to flying it in which ever sim it's available for first...then of course, the other one as well as soon as it's available!

Cheers.
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Raven214
Airman

Post by Raven214 »

Great video Scott! Thanks for sharing. The speed on that takeoff roll was amazing! Too bad those cameras wouldn't cooperate - I thought the 3-view setup was great though. I can't wait to have this in FS2020!
ImageImageImage

Swagger897
Airman

Post by Swagger897 »

If anyone else is interested in more Aerostar content, Eric Reese on YouTube has been seriously pumping out new videos as he rebrands his channel. It's a great little bit to watch.
A&P

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Wonderful video again, Scott and thanks for posting. It's a great pity about the camera failures as I would have loved to see the forward view and power settings during the circuit and landing. However, the reflection in the spinner was interesting, as was watching the prop go to feather on shutdown.

Hope to see more very soon. Always love your videos.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Great to see that you're finally back in the air in Aerostar! Some snags to clear there, obviously, and with the camera equipment as well. :)

-Esa

curtis72561
Staff Sergeant

Post by curtis72561 »

Hi Scott, I know I shouldn't post other publisher's aircraft here but I saw the Stearman on the video and wanted to try a repaint (harder then I thought) and since A2A doesn't have a Stearman (hint hint). I have a question. Am I seeing right? The outer wing struts are white and the inner struts yellow? Great video by the way.

Beeachcraft V35 Bonanza, Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, Cessna C-172 Skyhawk, Cessna C-182 Skylane, Curtis P-40, North American P-51D Mustang Civilian
North American AT6 Texan, Piper PA-28 Cherokee, Piper PA-24 Comanche, Piper J-3 Cub, Supermarine Spitfire

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”