A2A Planes for new 2020 Flightim

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
TomG628
Airman

A2A Planes for new 2020 Flightim

Post by TomG628 »

Hi,
I'm a big fan of A2A and have the Cessna 172, Cherokee 180, and Cessna 182 Skylane for Prepar3d.
I'm also thinking of getting the new Flightsim 2020 but I'd hate to give up my A2A planes. Any chance there will be versions of these three planes for FS 2020?

Thanks

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: A2A Planes for new 2020 Flightim

Post by MarcE »

Chances yes. But we don‘t know how great they are. Scott said they would look into the possibilities and since then he hasn‘t said it was impossible. But it will definitely take many months at least. The sim is completely buggy and most currently available (simple) addon aircraft have been broken by the latest couple of updates. I wouldn‘t switch over to FS2020 completely, it‘s not worth to sacrify P3D atm. If you have around 150 GB of storage to spare go for it, it‘s nice scenery to look at. But don‘t expect any good aircraft.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Tom,

the latest news we have is still what we have on the front of the website;
https://a2asimulations.com/a2a-simulati ... -aerostar/

Once we have more news we will share it. As with many other developers we are still waiting for the SDK and its Documentation to evolve and develop ready for study level simulations.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

I wouldn't normally make a post like this but...

With MSFS seeping it's way into my heart (I HEARD THAT! I do have a heart. :( ) eventually I will be saying goodbye to P3D. There are three A2A aircraft that I would sorely miss.
1: T-6 Texan
2: V35 Bonanza
3: P-51 Military Mustang
Oh all right then four
4: Supermarine Spitfire Mk2

Probably in that order.
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Ron Attwood wrote: 26 Nov 2020, 07:57 I wouldn't normally make a post like this but...

With MSFS seeping it's way into my heart (I HEARD THAT! I do have a heart. :( ) eventually I will be saying goodbye to P3D. There are three A2A aircraft that I would sorely miss.
1: T-6 Texan
2: V35 Bonanza
3: P-51 Military Mustang
Oh all right then four
4: Supermarine Spitfire Mk2

Probably in that order.
That appears to be the best direction for the future for sure...but for me it won't be full time until we see your list, with a couple of minor variations, for MSFS. Here's my desired order:
1: P-51 Civilian Mustang
2: Harvard...ok, T-6 Texan...
3: V35 Bonanza
4: Supermarine Spitfire MkII

Until then, P3Dv5.1 is working just fine thank you :D

Btw, I knew you have a heart... :wink:

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 26 Nov 2020, 08:13

Until then, P3Dv5.1 is working just fine thank you :D

Btw, I knew you have a heart... :wink:

Cheers,
Rob
Have you tried MSFS? If you have, then I'll hush mah mowf. :)

Badump badump badump. :D
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Ron Attwood wrote: 27 Nov 2020, 20:23
Have you tried MSFS? If you have, then I'll hush mah mowf. :)

Badump badump badump. :D
Nah, ya'll don't need ta shut yo mowf.. :mrgreen:

Yessir, I've had it since a week after release and I have to say (just been looking for the right place... :wink: ) that I do not understand all the polarity and "this" vs. "that" MSFS has created. The vast majority of comments seem to be complaints about something or other and I wish everyone would just take a step back and consider the fact that in a single package, you're getting stunning and correct scenery for the WHOLE WORLD :shock: as well as built-in real world weather capability. I'm scared to actually add it up but I'm sure I have thousands of dollars of Orbx for P3Dv4.5 & v5.1 which doesn't cover roughly half the world. In my eyes, the future of flight simulation has never been brighter than it is right now!!

Soooo...sorry you asked yet? No, the DEFAULT airplanes are not very good (when has any default sim airplane been really good?) but the sim is not really about that. Build it and they will come...and I'm planning on being around for a while and am fully prepared to wait for A2A.

In the meantime, I've gotten fond of the Pitts, as I think it flies just about how I'd expect a 1600 pound airplane with 260 hp to fly. It's my "Cub-like" sightseeing airplane with no navaids and it cruises at 150 KTS. I also like the Citation CJ4, again because with a bunch of RW time in Citations, I think it feels about right. The only issue I have with it is that I have to force old "round-dial" me into FMS mode in order to fly it properly :cry: ...ah well...progress... :roll: :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 28 Nov 2020, 10:57

In the meantime, I've gotten fond of the Pitts, as I think it flies just about how I'd expect a 1600 pound airplane with 260 hp to fly. It's my "Cub-like" sightseeing airplane with no navaids and it cruises at 150 KTS. I also like the Citation CJ4, again because with a bunch of RW time in Citations, I think it feels about right. The only issue I have with it is that I have to force old "round-dial" me into FMS mode in order to fly it properly :cry: ...ah well...progress... :roll: :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Rob
What do you have your control sensitivities and null zones set to?

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

AviationAtWar wrote: 28 Nov 2020, 15:39
What do you have your control sensitivities and null zones set to?
It's been a work in progress but at least the settings curves have been vastly improved since the official release. I hadn't flown it since the latest update, so tweaked them a bit today and here's what I came up with :wink:

Saitek Rudder Pedals

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

This worked for the Pitts, but I didn't try the Citation. I have a feeling I may have to increase at least the aileron sensitivity, as I remember it felt a bit heavy before today's reset.

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We are hoping MSFS2020 will soon allow us to use Accu-Sim as Lockheed Martin Prepar3D does. We expect it will happen but we are dependent on them making this possible.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Scott - A2A wrote: 28 Nov 2020, 20:02 We are hoping MSFS2020 will soon allow us to use Accu-Sim as Lockheed Martin Prepar3D does. We expect it will happen but we are dependent on them making this possible.

Scott
Is there anything we as users can do to help speed this along, or are they aware of your existence and needs for AccuSim? PilotEdge just recently put out a big community-push to get the Asobo-team to make haste on separating Com1 and Com2 in the radio-simulation so that us using live ATC can monitor two radios at the same time, and it seems like they were heard. A similar push may be done for A2A if needed...
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Medtner wrote: 28 Nov 2020, 20:12
Scott - A2A wrote: 28 Nov 2020, 20:02 We are hoping MSFS2020 will soon allow us to use Accu-Sim as Lockheed Martin Prepar3D does. We expect it will happen but we are dependent on them making this possible.

Scott
Is there anything we as users can do to help speed this along, or are they aware of your existence and needs for AccuSim? PilotEdge just recently put out a big community-push to get the Asobo-team to make haste on separating Com1 and Com2 in the radio-simulation so that us using live ATC can monitor two radios at the same time, and it seems like they were heard. A similar push may be done for A2A if needed...
We have great respect for Microsoft and Asobo and don't come at them with an entitled attitude. They have their priorities and have a lot on their plate. We are, however, being politely persistent. I am confident this support will happen relatively soon.

However, if there is any natural push from the community, we certainly won't object.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

I think their priority right now is the xbox version and apparently they work towards this release. Accusim is not what the broad number of (new) users expect and so I think Asobo won‘t directly act towards Accusim but will rather enable its usage as a side effect. Hopefully sooner than later; even though P3D lacks a comparable flight physics engine my Accusim fleet is absolutely superior to anything that flies around in MSFS, maybe except the Iris Jabiru. It really feels nice. Obviously I only talk about the flight controls.

Fingers crossed, I can‘t wait.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Thanks for the screen shots, Rob. I have my sensitivities dialed back but not as far as you. I had just flown the Pitts for the first time on Thursday and didn't think it's roll rate could be correct. I'll move my settings around and try again.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

AviationAtWar wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 09:07 Thanks for the screen shots, Rob. I have my sensitivities dialed back but not as far as you. I had just flown the Pitts for the first time on Thursday and didn't think it's roll rate could be correct. I'll move my settings around and try again.
No worries! I flew it a bit again yesterday and I think I'm sticking with that for now. It still feels a bit squirrelly but again, 1600 pounds / 260 hp = squirrelly...I have a feeling it's just me and it just needs more work :wink:
There are things that I don't believe are even close to right, but it's a good sightseer. I've never flown a Pitts, but I have flown a Christen Eagle and that airplane flew as well inverted as it did right side up. You could just put the nose on a spot on the horizon and roll around it with with ease and very minor control adjustments, so I'm thinking this Pitts is not going to be winning any aerobatic competitions :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”