Rudder Pedals?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Rudder Pedals?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Cheap and cheerful Saitek jobbies for me. But I have heard wicked good things about the crosswinds for sure. Those new thrustmaster ones at the higher end look a bit fancy pants awesome too!
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

Have CH. Never a problem. Full CH: Yoke, Rudder Pedals, and 6 lever Quadrant. They work well enough. Was out of simming from 06 until this year. Had the full set back then and got 5 years on the CH pedals.

thunderstreak
Staff Sergeant

Post by thunderstreak »

I have both CH and Saitek pedals.
Only issue I’ve had was the Saitek software for the X52 Pro caused me some grief (CTD) with my W7 setup.
I have been using only my CH controls since.
FSX B377 L049 Spit P40 P47 P51x2 T-6 Cub WOPII P-40 Corsair Anson HE-219 Accu-Feel AL&S
P3Dv5 L049 T-6 172 182 PA-24 PA-28 Spit P-51x2 P-40 Bonanza B-17 Accu-Feel

[email protected], ASUS Z170-P 32GB DDR4 2133 RTX 2070 8GB Win10Pro P3Dv5.1 HF1

Dan M
Airman

Post by Dan M »

I've never used anything but the CH Pro pedals so obviously can't comment on other brands. What others have said about potentiometers and the wear factor over time is definitely true. But if you keep them clean and out of really dirty environments they're generally good for 3-5 years of moderate use. I like the price for what you get, they're not flimsy.

But if you were to look at a high-end choice, I've heard many good things about the MFG pedals.
Dan M

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

Finally got my rudder pedals a couple weeks ago. Went with the VIRPIL VPC WarBRD pedals: https://virpil-controls.eu/vpc-warbrd-r ... edals.html

So far they're working great. I'm satisfied with the build quality. All-metal and they feel very sturdy. My only criticism is they leave your feet a little high of the ground, so your ankles tend to "dangle" unless you put something under them to support them. I built a small "deck" to fit under them (a little work with some plywood and a couple of 1X6s, nothing too fancy), and they're very comfortable.

I was going to get the Crosswinds, but every time I went to buy them they said they were sold out. So, I looked around for an alternative and VIRPIL's what I found.

Here's a good review of them on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt0_xUrhb7A. He mentions a "tipping" problem with his pedals that I'm not getting.

ianfisher 101
Staff Sergeant

Post by ianfisher 101 »

Only ones to get are the Thrustmaster TPR's. No assocation with TM just a satisfied user.
Spitfire : P-51 : L-049 : C172 : C182 : PA-24 : PA-28 : T-6 : P-40 : V35B : J-3 : P-47 : Anson : 504K : Albatros : B377 : HE-219

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Very cool, interested to hear a good length after action report when you've had them a while. Virpil are new comers to the bigger market and seem to be producing some very cool looking kit at the higher entry level price so nothing a little saving cant afford for many. Be cool if they hold out well, the heel thing is pretty realistic for GA planes so I see that as a pro over a con.

Cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

dvm wrote: 19 Dec 2020, 11:53 Here is a better image.
I LOVE the look of that throttle quadrant! Who makes it? Is it custom? I can't find it in a Google search.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

sage
Airman First Class

Post by sage »

I've had mine for about seven years, though I don't fly every day. The only problem with Logitech rudders is the plastic sprocket that cracks and you lose one side of your brakes. The fix is easy, just go to the internet and type something to the effect: How to repair Logitech rudder pedals. Currently there are two companies that make the part: one is Germany (made of metal) and the other is American (made of nylon). I ordered two just in case I get a failure (about $7 dollars each).

Also, There is a video showing how easy it is to change the sprocket, just requires a little patience.

I've ordered a second Logitech rudder assembly for another computer.

Sage

Oliver Branaschky
Senior Airman

Post by Oliver Branaschky »

sage wrote: 09 May 2021, 10:44 I've had mine for about seven years, though I don't fly every day. The only problem with Logitech rudders is the plastic sprocket that cracks and you lose one side of your brakes. The fix is easy, just go to the internet and type something to the effect: How to repair Logitech rudder pedals. Currently there are two companies that make the part: one is Germany (made of metal) and the other is American (made of nylon). I ordered two just in case I get a failure (about $7 dollars each).

Also, There is a video showing how easy it is to change the sprocket, just requires a little patience.

I've ordered a second Logitech rudder assembly for another computer.

Sage
I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to say thank you for saving me roughly 100 EUR for new rudder pedals. Great advice!

Best regards,
Oliver

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”