Constellation or Stratocruiser

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Constellation or Stratocruiser

Post by GaryRR »

If I choose a big one which is better? Connie or Stratocruiser?

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Constellation or Stratocruiser

Post by Tomas Linnet »

depending on which fruit you like better apples or pears?? two completely different aircraft.....anyways, it doesn't matter, if you are like the rest of us, you'll end up with both of them....
I have both and I actually prefer the B377, at least that is the one with the highest time on it.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

I'm with Tomas. I actually prefer the B377. Don't get me wrong, the Connie is also fantastic. I just like working the cockpit more in the B377.
A big factor in your decision will be that only the Connie is available for P3D.
Last edited by TreeTops on 27 Dec 2020, 16:23, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers
Trev

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

TreeTops wrote: 27 Dec 2020, 15:08 I'm with Thomas. I actually prefer the B377. Don't get me wrong, the Connie is also fantastic. I just like working the cockpit more in the B377.
A big factor in your decision will be that only the Connie is available for P3D.
Good point TreeTops, I’m on FSX SE, so until the Aerostar is released, I can choose whatever I want. I guess that Gary is on FSX, if not easy choice :wink:
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

Strat, every time... The Connie is lovely, and went to more places (for those who want r/w routes).

But.

The Strat is a beast. She has to be caressed through the sky. Climbs are slow. Descents even slower.

You need to add Captain Of The Ship with the Strat. The Connie comes with it already. COTS is a must have.
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

Mickel wrote: 27 Dec 2020, 19:13 Strat, every time... The Connie is lovely, and went to more places (for those who want r/w routes).

But.

The Strat is a beast. She has to be caressed through the sky. Climbs are slow. Descents even slower.

You need to add Captain Of The Ship with the Strat. The Connie comes with it already. COTS is a must have.
Agree 150%!

There is more to manage during the flight with the Strato, for this reason I have a small preference for her.

I hope she will be one day ported to P3Dv5...

Richard.
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

deserving.. I'm on FSX. Until I add more ram to handle MSFS 2020. Have considered P3D or XP11. Would want Pilot2ATC for XP11. It's native ATC is terrible.

Tail-dragger
Airman

Post by Tail-dragger »

Is the COTS feature the same on the Connie vs Stratocruiser? Does one provide more feedback in regards to flying technique or passenger satisfaction....stronger career mode?

Genista
Airman First Class

Post by Genista »

Vote goes for strat as well. Here are for me the key differences:

Connie :
- Has more advanced engine sounds (it's really breathtaking!)
- maybe a more refined flight model as well? (it really feels like a heavy aircraft) but I never could compare them, stopped flying the strat when moving to p3d4 which was before Connie came out. I remember Scott could fly in a C54, which helped shaping the flying model of Connie if my memory is correct.

Strat:
- More systems to manage (supercharger, intercooler, manual mixture lean, ADI, more fuel valves I think...)

- more autopilot functions (altitude hold, compensated turns... )

- Goes faster, higher

- Engine are less forgiving if you are not careful

Otherwise, the two aircraft are very similar in terms of system depth, graphics, and interface. COTS works the same (with different crews!)

thunderstreak
Staff Sergeant

Post by thunderstreak »

Both are great simulations of classic airliners!
Both definitely require some time spent with the manual but are rewarding when you figure it all out!
It’d be hard for me to pick one or the other, I would save up and get them both!!

Unfortunately the Strat never made it to P3Dv4+ and beyond.
Fingers crossed, maybe one day!
I’m super happy though, the B-17 has been updated! :a2a: :p3d:
FSX B377 L049 Spit P40 P47 P51x2 T-6 Cub WOPII P-40 Corsair Anson HE-219 Accu-Feel AL&S
P3Dv5 L049 T-6 172 182 PA-24 PA-28 Spit P-51x2 P-40 Bonanza B-17 Accu-Feel

[email protected], ASUS Z170-P 32GB DDR4 2133 RTX 2070 8GB Win10Pro P3Dv5.1 HF1

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

I think I need to wait until I add two Saitek Quadrants in addition to my CH so as to be able to do proper engine management.

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

I managed ~100 hours with only a single throttle. There is an in built method for isolating a rogue engine if needs be.

(in other words, don’t let that hold you back)
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Mickel wrote: 03 Jan 2021, 02:02 I managed ~100 hours with only a single throttle. There is an in built method for isolating a rogue engine if needs be.

(in other words, don’t let that hold you back)
^This 8) 8)

I've only ever really had 1 throttle for those and used mouse in cockpit of the 2d panel to select the throttles to be manipulated.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

I would add my voice to Mickel and Lewis! I have well over 1.000 hrs on both the B-17 and the Stratocruiser with just the one throttle. The 2D interface via the “shift +” key combination makes this easily done. It just requires a bit more thinking ahead that will quickly just become second-nature. You can add in the extra controllers when able, but enjoy the aircraft and their unique challenges now. 😀

BostonJeremy77
Airman First Class

Post by BostonJeremy77 »

Any plans to bring Stratocruiser into P3D v5? ;)
Regards,

Jeremy Smirnov, M.D.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”