Great Christmas Gifts

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Great Christmas Gifts

Post by GaryRR »

I bought the Skylane, Bonanza, and Commanche for myself for Christmas out of my Christmas bonus and I'm so glad I did. They have ruined me for other aircraft which seem more like a game than a simulation of reality.
The only other non-A2A plane I can enjoy is the C421 Golden Eagle with modified FDE.
I am very likely to purchase a COTS liner down the road at regular price.
I can see that my addon choices are going to be more costly IE A2A, or perhaps PMDG, Majestic, or Milviz, or maybe Flight1s new B200 but the quality is worth it. I may never get much actual seat time at this point of my life but it's satisfying knowing my simming comes close to real.

Dan M
Airman

Re: Great Christmas Gifts

Post by Dan M »

I'm in the same boat (and I'm sure there are many more here). It's as close to reality as we're likely to get. I will say though that when A2A finally makes an appearance in MSFS 2020 it will be another game changer. So hard to go back to P3D graphics after you've seen most of the planet in photo-real textures.

I bought the B-17 purely because so many people over the years raved about it. Looking forward to learning all of the systems.
Dan M

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Re: Great Christmas Gifts

Post by GaryRR »

One reason I'm just making the best of FSX is because the content hasn't yet caught up with MSFS. Also I want to see the bugs out and more dynamics and system tuning. Also, I need more ram, only 8 gig now.
GEX, and UTX make it better VFR for me. Accusim gives me the dynamics. RXP gives me the IFR.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”