Introduction and THANK YOU!

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
BostonJeremy77
Airman First Class

Re: Introduction and THANK YOU!

Post by BostonJeremy77 »

Mickel wrote: 09 Jan 2021, 02:06 Ah.... that implies rudder pedals are out then. Get a stick with a grip twist for the rudder then. My Saitek X-52 has done stirling service for over a decade.
That sounds good. Gonna check out some Saitek products then. I also heard good things about Thrustmaster.
Regards,

Jeremy Smirnov, M.D.

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Hi Jeremy

'For What It's Worth' (and that's a favourite track by Buffalo Springfield), I have Logitech Extreme 3D Pro (with twist stick action) and see no great reason to buy any other.

Snap! I also have Flight 1's GTN; I use the excellent Flight 1 Purchase Agent for updates, to make the process of using Flight 1 less of a maze.

I'm honestly and totally addicted to the world-beating superb A2A planes (gun at head, at the time of messaging, my favs are Comanche and T-6; and Cherokee, Bonanza and Spitfire!!!); the Pilot Manuals of each and associated YouTube videos are great for operating and gaining pilot skills.

Judging by the mass within forums, Flight Simulation has had the occasional knickers-in-a-twist tendency. SO, my tip-of-the-day is "KEEP IT SIMPLE". I see no need nowadays to disappear down holes with LINDA or FSUIC; they can come across as "superior". Why?

I've loads of Orbx scenery (no need for Vector if you've bought Regions, in my case EU England etc.) and scenery by "Partners" of Orbx

I'm very happy with P3Dv4.5.

I wish you "Welcome" and of course the very best of health "Slange-Var"

Rod EGBB

BostonJeremy77
Airman First Class

Post by BostonJeremy77 »

rod321 wrote: 14 Jan 2021, 09:45 Hi Jeremy

'For What It's Worth' (and that's a favourite track by Buffalo Springfield), I have Logitech Extreme 3D Pro (with twist stick action) and see no great reason to buy any other.

Snap! I also have Flight 1's GTN; I use the excellent Flight 1 Purchase Agent for updates, to make the process of using Flight 1 less of a maze.

I'm honestly and totally addicted to the world-beating superb A2A planes (gun at head, at the time of messaging, my favs are Comanche and T-6; and Cherokee, Bonanza and Spitfire!!!); the Pilot Manuals of each and associated YouTube videos are great for operating and gaining pilot skills.

Judging by the mass within forums, Flight Simulation has had the occasional knickers-in-a-twist tendency. SO, my tip-of-the-day is "KEEP IT SIMPLE". I see no need nowadays to disappear down holes with LINDA or FSUIC; they can come across as "superior". Why?

I've loads of Orbx scenery (no need for Vector if you've bought Regions, in my case EU England etc.) and scenery by "Partners" of Orbx

I'm very happy with P3Dv4.5.

I wish you "Welcome" and of course the very best of health "Slange-Var"

Rod EGBB
Hey Rod!

Yeah I was running into some issues yesterday with the controller. On the KingAir, I figured that using Function keys to advance/retard throttle works for now as that controls multiple throttles. Then I ran into the steering issue on Airliners (due to tillers not assigned to an Axis)... The FSLabs A320 provides a fix for that, so that works. Haven’t tried steering or flying the PDMG 737 yet, had no time to check out the aircraft. Majestic Dash 8 gives me NO steering on the ground so far (will have to play with it)... Just bought A2A’s Bonanza and it’s awesome! Yeah I have all of Orbx Global products (base, vector, LC, buildings, TerraFlora, Trees)... everything is looking awesome. Haven’t seen the need to get specific regions - is it really much better than the Global stuff gets you? It’s also a storage hog - I have about 50 gigs left on the external HD with my Orbx stuff.

I am loving P3D right now, and I stepped away from MSFS for a bit, largely thanks to my A2A collection and Orbx scenery. I will dive into some airliners soon (lord knows I spent a bunch on them), but they are so tedious to set up for a flight. I mean, the Airbus flies the whole thing and lands it, the most effort is spent programming it to do that, not much flying per se... I think I will buy A2A’s Constellation today even though I am a total GPS/avionics nut. I also did get Flight1’s awesome avionics and have them installed on my A2A aircraft, but those old school planes like Constellation are gonna be a bit more effort to fly cause I can’t see where I am going without the Map. (That’s what starting simming with MSFS and its Garmin planes gets you into)...

I have yet to get my Flying Fortress off the ground. There is so much STUFF. I am a little bit intimidated by it. I will get there eventually. Hopefully Constellation is a little easier to live with. Ha!
Regards,

Jeremy Smirnov, M.D.

BostonJeremy77
Airman First Class

Post by BostonJeremy77 »

Just bought the 172, Cherokee, and Constellation! Currently in flight with Connie. Man, this is fun to fly! Thanks to GTN avionics and the AP panel, as well as the FE, my work here is done! Love it!
Regards,

Jeremy Smirnov, M.D.

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Yup, I agree Jeremy, the Cherokee is simply stunning. Are you inside a real life plane; or what?!!

I'm just about to Cherokee-it from superb Orbx's (and it's Partners) Bristol to Southampton (and then onwards to Chanel Islands Guernsey and atmospheric Alderney). I've done the outdoor bins so all I have to do is sneak off and hide from 'her-indoors' for an hour or so (but then again, Sandra's already got me well-sussed!)

On my Orbx package, I've got 5 or so weather themes, so I usually pick one to be roughly my-out-of-window weather.

Why no 3rd party real weather software? KEEP IT SIMPLE is my advice.

Bustin' to shout "prop" and turn the key, even though that would give away my position to "Nigella Lawson" (I wish it were!) downstairs.

Rod EGBB (completely cloud-covered; high though. Beer-night tonight!)

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”