Virtual Flying and Forever True

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
jclay13
Senior Airman

Virtual Flying and Forever True

Post by jclay13 »

I pull back my chair and settle in like I’m in the seat of a machine that is about to take to the sky. I power on my computer and there she sits, like a shiny new penny or a new car sitting on the show room floor. There is that new car smell that fills the room. Her name is Microsoft Flight Simulator and she became a reality 13 years, 10 months, and 5 days from the time my gal FSX was born.

But something just doesn’t feel right. I feel like there is a void. Like I just walked out on the love of my life into the arms of another. She pulls at me with that feeling of new but I yearn for what was. You see, it’s because of this love that came into my life some time ago.

One of her most stunning features was not how she looked, but how she was real. Like a living, breathing thing that needed me. We need each other. She has gotten better with age. She makes me think and challenges me. I must study her and understand what makes her happy. We are better together.

Her name is A2A Accusim. She has ruined me by taking away the desire for anything else. She has won my heart. Every once in a while I yearn for that new feeling and dream of what could be. But I find myself forever true to the one that lives and breathes life into the machine that takes me to the sky.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Virtual Flying and Forever True

Post by Paughco »

Well stated. Right on, man!

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”