Looking to expand

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Masterius
Senior Airman

Looking to expand

Post by Masterius »

I love my Fortress. I really do. And I love A2A, too. In fact, it was running across A2A's trailer for the Accusim B-17 that started me along the path of serious flight simming. I've added the P-51 and P-40--the latter, I blush to admit, due to A2A's astonishing yet profound pandemic freebie gesture--since then...along with some others' aircraft, like the B-25 and C-130.

I've been looking over, as future expansion, the two Captain of the Ship aircraft that A2A offers. I like the idea of being more "involved" with the aircraft. As much as I love flying the B-17, it seems that, once I've achieved a stable rate of climb, there's very little I need to be involved with other than course corrections until I reach landing approach. The Connie and Strato, from what I've read and seen, appear to require a bit more "hands-on" than the Fortress does.

I'm not sure which one to go for, so I decided to solicit y'alls' opinions as to which one is better...and why you feel that way. It does seem that, since I've upgraded to P3Dv5 that my choice is already made, since it appears that only the COTS Connie is available to that platform. However, as I still have FSX:SE on my system, should the Strato win the race...

So...what are your thoughts on which one to go with?

Al "Chevalier"

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Re: Looking to expand

Post by TreeTops »

Thank you for joining the ranks of those who find fascination in operating these wonderful old planes.
Fortunately for you there is already a Connie vs Stratocruiser thread discussing exactly your question.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=71859
Cheers
Trev

Masterius
Senior Airman

Post by Masterius »

Hey Trev,

Thanks for the tip! Heading there now!

Al "Chevalier"

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

If you want to go from calm collected to OMG everythings on fire and I have no idea why ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!....

....then the 377 is the plane that is guaranteed to put me in that position, esp if I where to jump in now having not flown it properly for a little while.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”