I probably should apologize

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Masterius
Senior Airman

I probably should apologize

Post by Masterius »

I probably should apologize to the staff at A2A. Looking back on things, I've realized that, it seems anyway, that the majority of my posts have been either "This doesn't seem to work quite right/realistic" or "It would be really nice if I could do <blank>" or "Could you add <blank>"?

I probably should apologize...but really, it's all A2A's fault. You see, I'm (possibly, anyway) a bit of an eclectic oddball where it comes to video games and the like, in that I place a much higher premium on realism than I do "eye candy".

Now, don't get me wrong; I do like good graphics. But if I had to choose between excellent graphics and realistic simulation...hold a tic; see, there's the qualifier: simulation versus game. An excellent simulation, for me, trumps graphics and game. And not by a small margin, either. If I were presented with the choice between an ultra-high video quality game and a so-so graphics-quality excellent simulation, I'll go with the simulation every time.*

But with A2A, I'm not stuck having to make that choice. I get excellent graphics--virtually indistinguishable from looking at the real aircraft; I get realistic aircraft (and crewmen) behaviors. And, with COTS, I get a simulation that's virtually true life.

And I also get a staff that's both dedicated to bringing us the absolute best in flight sim aircraft and simulations, but also in being involved in their customers through their online community.

So...while I probably should apologize...I'm not. It's not my fault, after all. They've just spoiled me by being the very best. :wink:

Al "Chevalier"

*As an example, I'll stick with Ubisoft's Silent Hunter III compared to their Silent Hunter V. SHV has simply gorgeous graphics (especially when contrasted against SHIII), but SHIII--when using some of the players' "ultra" mods--feels a lot more "real". It's not scripted or canned, and in a way is similar to the COTS principle.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: I probably should apologize

Post by DHenriques_ »

Masterius wrote: 20 Jan 2021, 20:39 I probably should apologize to the staff at A2A. Looking back on things, I've realized that, it seems anyway, that the majority of my posts have been either "This doesn't seem to work quite right/realistic" or "It would be really nice if I could do <blank>" or "Could you add <blank>"?

I probably should apologize...but really, it's all A2A's fault. You see, I'm (possibly, anyway) a bit of an eclectic oddball where it comes to video games and the like, in that I place a much higher premium on realism than I do "eye candy".

Now, don't get me wrong; I do like good graphics. But if I had to choose between excellent graphics and realistic simulation...hold a tic; see, there's the qualifier: simulation versus game. An excellent simulation, for me, trumps graphics and game. And not by a small margin, either. If I were presented with the choice between an ultra-high video quality game and a so-so graphics-quality excellent simulation, I'll go with the simulation every time.*

But with A2A, I'm not stuck having to make that choice. I get excellent graphics--virtually indistinguishable from looking at the real aircraft; I get realistic aircraft (and crewmen) behaviors. And, with COTS, I get a simulation that's virtually true life.

And I also get a staff that's both dedicated to bringing us the absolute best in flight sim aircraft and simulations, but also in being involved in their customers through their online community.

So...while I probably should apologize...I'm not. It's not my fault, after all. They've just spoiled me by being the very best. :wink:

Al "Chevalier"

*As an example, I'll stick with Ubisoft's Silent Hunter III compared to their Silent Hunter V. SHV has simply gorgeous graphics (especially when contrasted against SHIII), but SHIII--when using some of the players' "ultra" mods--feels a lot more "real". It's not scripted or canned, and in a way is similar to the COTS principle.
No need to apoligize. LOL
I "work here" and I'm so spoiled by the work we have done that although I used FSX for ten years and now have P3D installed I have YET to fly even ONE of the default aircraft supplied in either simulation.
I couldn't even tell you what default planes are available. I don't have any other developer's planes installed either.
Over time I've had an L39 from Lotus and some RealAir planes installed in FSX and they were excellent products but for my personal enjoyment and currency as a pilot I use only our own A2A planes.
I know it sounds like a company line but I can truthfully say that for me anyway there simply isn't anything available that is better or even equal to our own airplanes with Accusim.
Dudley Henriques

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Haha, funny stuff. Anyway, I'm on FSX SE and until :a2a: can tell us what they'll do with MSFS, the only other sim I'm interested in is P3D.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

yeah yeah yeah.. sigh... I know that problem. I mean, not the apologize problem, but the "spoiled" one. The only other GA/vintage aircraft I feel myself able to enjoy in P3D anymore is Ant's Tiger Moth and the old Realair planes. :roll:

I think Scott and Co can totally live with that guilt lol

jsbrewster1
Senior Airman

Post by jsbrewster1 »

What is COTS?
Jeff Brewster
KC-135 Navigator
US Air Force (retired)
"...and miles to go before I sleep..." - RF

Masterius
Senior Airman

Post by Masterius »

jsbrewster1 wrote: 21 Jan 2021, 15:21 What is COTS?
viewforum.php?f=132

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 20 Jan 2021, 21:45 I have YET to fly even ONE of the default aircraft supplied in either simulation.
No 0ne ever did Dudley. :D

Not until MFS that is and why? Because there's bugger all else to fly! OK, there's four Carenados to chose from, a very nice Sibwings (oops ATSimulations), Focke-Wulf 149D and an Aeromacchi 339. There are also a few 'amatuer' modded default hedge hoppers (good fun and well done) but we're waiting for the real stuff to arrive i.e. a T-6 and a V35***

*** To be going on with.
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”