91st BG still on Teamspeak?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Skydiver79
Airman

91st BG still on Teamspeak?

Post by Skydiver79 »

Hi all,

With last month's release of the B-17 on P3D, I got it in my head that I could now jump in again with the 91st BG on some of their activities, like I had back in my FSX days. Problem is, their website is undergoing a transition from Webs to some other hosting platform, and 90% of the sub-pages are currently dead. Col. Seatime is still active; got an email from him last month about the transition, and they have a scheduled flight tomorrow at 1500Z.

Anyhow, the information on the website is probably out of date, as I cannot locate the group on Teamspeak.

Anyone of the 91st's regulars around who could help me in making contact or figuring out why I cannot find their server on TS? Gypsy Baron, perhaps?

Thanks,
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: 91st BG still on Teamspeak?

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Skydiver79.
The 91st is still on TS3 and joinFS , Paul is sadly not a member anymore , the daily flight is not on tomorrow , but will be on , on sunday 24th at 1500z , we will be on TS3 tomorrow at 1300z
regards alan. 8)

Captthud
Airman

Post by Captthud »

I believe it's ts3.digitalthemepark.com

Skydiver79
Airman

Post by Skydiver79 »

Hi Alan,

Yeah, I just saw a strongly worded post by Paul from a few days ago. Him and Seatime are a few that I recall by name who I felt sure would still be around. Glad to hear that the 91st is still out there fighting the good fight.

I figured out why TS wasn't playing nice. I have been away for long enough to thoroughly forget how it works! But I eventually remembered to hit the Connect button and then type in the address and found the group's location. No one on at the moment, of course, and I can't move myself to the Stars and Stripes lounge. But no big deal, I'll figure that part out eventually too. I'll try to jump on around 1300Z tomorrow.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Masterius
Senior Airman

Post by Masterius »

Skydiver79 wrote: 22 Jan 2021, 17:36 ...and I can't move myself to the Stars and Stripes lounge.
IIRC, you need to contact one of the Teamspeak staff members, like Zoolander, to get permissions to go to areas like Stars and Stripes.

Al "Chevalier"

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Chevalier.
Not strictly true , Seatime can do it also.
regards alan. 8)

Skydiver79
Airman

Post by Skydiver79 »

Zoolander is still on TS3 staff? Good to know.

I'll look for someone to move me down to the lounge next time I'm on. Thanks!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Zoolander64
Airman First Class

Post by Zoolander64 »

Hi Skydiver! I am around most days on TS. I’ll look for ya in the welcome channel. The guys are correct, that Seatime can also get you credentials.
-Todd, aka Zoolander64
Staff Member at DigitalThemePark
Connect TeamSpeak to ts3.digitalthemepark.com

Skydiver79
Airman

Post by Skydiver79 »

Hi Zoolander! Ah, cool. I can jump back on there in a few minutes (as Lt Kovacs, as I am known to the 91st), if you're still around today.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Skydiver79
Airman

Post by Skydiver79 »

Hi Alan, Bill, and Seatime if he sees this,

Just a quick, big "Thank You" for welcoming me back into the fold this morning! I cannot tell you how nice it was to get back onto the flight deck of the 17. It's been every bit of 7 years since I last put in time on the Fort, but it's all coming back to me. Quicker than I would have expected, too. I did kind of plant her on the tarmac at Cambridge, which the crew didn't appreciate, but nothing got bent so it couldn't have been that rough, right? But man, the differences between FSX and P3Dv5 are night and day. Everything just worked... which is somewhat novel compared to my old FSX days with the 91st!

Anyhow, quick question for you regarding scenery. I was able to download the Bassingbourn scenery pack from the mostly busted website, so I should be good there for the next flight. Would you guys recommend splurging on the ORBX England? Do you guys fly with a preferred weather engine? (I have ActiveSky.)

Col. Seatime has my email address for sending me the other needed files I'll eventually need, rather than waiting for the new website to be up and running; so thanks in advance for that. If someone has the Hops program flight details, I'd love to get my hands on those to start working through them again. Since I work and cannot likely join many of the daily flights, I can fly them on my own (still logging into TS3 and JoinFS, of course), but without the logging system I recall from back in the day, I'm not sure how I'd have proof that the legs have been flown. They're probably not really necessary anyway, but since I failed to download my logbook in time, I'd like to rebuild it properly by flying and logging all the technically requisite flights in order to earn my paint. Speaking of which, if anyone has 42-29793 Sheila B. Cummin kicking around in the back corners of their harddrives, please let me know! I think the Certified Pilot Program was just coming online about the time I stepped away from FSX, and I don't recall flying any of those but remember the program existing. I can wait on that stuff for once the new website is up.

OK, that's more than long enough. Thanks again!

Kovacs
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”