Liking MSFS2020

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
BostonJeremy77
Airman First Class

Re: Liking MSFS2020

Post by BostonJeremy77 »

Piper_EEWL wrote: 31 Jan 2021, 03:29 I agree that the accuracy of the aircraft is a major part in the immersion. But if you compare default P3D or FSX with default MSFS2020 it’s certainly not worse maybe even better.

And if you look at what you need to invest into P3D to make it look nice and then compare what comes with MSFS 2020 by default it’s a completely different world.

Also I don’t think it’s quite fair to compare the availability of highly detailed airport scenery between the two since MSFS has only been on the marked for 5 months and the scenery development for P3D dates back to the early days of FSX. The developers will get there in time.

And so will A2A I hope rather sooner than later :)

As I said in my last post. Exciting times for a flight simmer...
I definitely agree! I sunk so much money into all the Global Range Orbx products to make P3D look nice... And the default AC in MSFS is definitely better than P3D. Even having half-way simulated Garmin systems (with Synthetic Vision, no less) is something to be commended.
Regards,

Jeremy Smirnov, M.D.

Masterius
Senior Airman

Post by Masterius »

Dudley,
I certainly see why the graphics of MSFS2020 is dimensions above anything we've ever seen. I'm curious, however, about how "real" the flight characteristics and physics are compared to both real life and other flight sims, and, as you're a recognized RL pilot, I'd greatly value your opinion and input on that.

Al "Chevalier"

mer8771
Staff Sergeant

Post by mer8771 »

I find it the same as any sim really. It's not as real as it could be. Take the 172, The one my family owns will fly off the runway, and in all the sims I own, none of them are actually that close. I have the Alph yoke and throttles, and crapy rudders. The A2A 172 is far better at simulating the takeoff but flight itself, it's closer than any but not quite real, I don't expect it to be. I use sims for procedure and radio work mostly. The A2A aircraft radios are the best you will find. MSFS 2020 radios suck and the GPS is not even close to accurate. You can force it by using the beta nav data from Navigraph and littlenavmap to build and import it into MSFS 2020. I bet once A2A makes the move to MSFS 2020 it will not be beaten. Not quite real life as in VFR fights you fly by the seat of your pants and you can't do that without spending a lot of money on a motion sim. I have X plane, MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, FSX box, and P3D v3 and 4. BTW, the setup you have will make a huge difference in the way any sim aircraft will hand fly.
MSFS 2020 is better to me than any but it will be different for everyone and depends highly on your setup.
Family, Friends, and I
are the most important things
in life. Always in that order.
Once you're faced with death you will no longer be scared of it.
Life has a new joy to it, cherish it.
Craig McN.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Masterius wrote: 03 Feb 2021, 23:54 Dudley,
I certainly see why the graphics of MSFS2020 is dimensions above anything we've ever seen. I'm curious, however, about how "real" the flight characteristics and physics are compared to both real life and other flight sims, and, as you're a recognized RL pilot, I'd greatly value your opinion and input on that.

Al "Chevalier"
So far I've found a lot of things I would have suggested changed had I been advising Asobo during their development period. I don't say this in an arrogant way, just based on what I am experiencing in the sim as it exists today. I've always felt that it's the "little things" that make the difference in a simulation. It's that philosophy we follow here at A2A.
I hesitate to be overly critical of Asobo as I feel they are working hard to get things right and the sim is really early on in post release development.
All this being said, what has impressed me are the graphics. There is simply nothing out there that compares with what Asobo has achieved in the way they have put the world in front of the user. The work is simply ground breaking. My opinion is that when the aerodynamics catch up to what has been achieved graphically FS2020 will be an unmatched achievement in computer science and technology.
The beautiful part in all this is that when the sim enthusiast experiences for the first time one of our A2A planes in this sim the result will be something to see. Our flight models operate outside the base code so the flight aerodynamics will be instantly improved for the user and this along with all the improvements involving the world in which our A2A planes will now be able to operate.
So stay tuned. You are right on the verge of being able to experience something you will REALLY LIKE.
Asobo and A2A will be a marriage literally made in heaven !
Dudley Henriques

mer8771
Staff Sergeant

Post by mer8771 »

Well said Mr, Henriques. I may be a native American English speaker but that does not mean that I'm good at it. :D
I should have added in my first post that I can fly true VFR in MSFS 2020, unlike the others. I can't wait to have an A2A aircraft in MSFS 2020.
Family, Friends, and I
Craig McN.

Masterius
Senior Airman

Post by Masterius »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 04 Feb 2021, 01:32 ... Asobo and A2A will be a marriage literally made in heaven !
Dudley Henriques
Thank you, Sir, for your quick response! I'm afraid because of your input, though, I'm kicking myself in the arse at the moment. You see, just two months ago I'd dropped quite a bit of coin shifting from FSX:SE to P3Dv5 and Orbx, and now it seems I'll be shifting yet again! :cry:

However, the good news to be found is that I highly doubt I'll be making that move until A2A has aircraft (hopefully, for me, the B-17 being one of the first) for MSFS2020. So I guess I'll be starting to save up now! :lol:

Al "Chevalier"

TymK
Staff Sergeant

Post by TymK »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 04 Feb 2021, 01:32 So stay tuned. You are right on the verge of being able to experience something you will REALLY LIKE.
Well, someone has to ask... ;-) Exactly how much "on the verge" are we right now? :twisted:

Best regards,
Tym

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

He could tell you, but then he'd have to kill you. 8)
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 04 Feb 2021, 01:32 So stay tuned. You are right on the verge of being able to experience something you will REALLY LIKE.
Dudley Henriques
:shock: That would be so awesome. I took a flight during sunset in MSFS2020 today and I thought the only thing that will make this sim better will be an A2A Aircraft... Got my credit card ready. :lol:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

TymK wrote: 04 Feb 2021, 13:59
Well, someone has to ask... ;-) Exactly how much "on the verge" are we right now? :twisted:

Best regards,
Tym
The merge with FS2020 is coming and coming soon. That's all I can tell you really. I can say as well that it's a two way street when it comes to merging a developer with a sim. The developer can be ready to go but there are certain things that are required from the sim before that marriage can happen. As these things work themselves out the merge can happen.
We're close! And when it happens you will be a VERY happy camper !!!!
DH

Masterius
Senior Airman

Post by Masterius »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 04 Feb 2021, 17:34 We're close! And when it happens you will be a VERY happy camper !!!!
DH
I'd be happier had I known this 2 months ago, before I dropped at least half a grand on P3Dv5, FSUIPC6, P3D ActiveSky, and Orbx. I would have stayed with FSX:SE for a while longer. ::sighs:: At least I'd bought the P3D A2A aircraft on sale.

Owell. :|

BostonJeremy77
Airman First Class

Post by BostonJeremy77 »

Masterius wrote: 04 Feb 2021, 17:53
DHenriquesA2A wrote: 04 Feb 2021, 17:34 We're close! And when it happens you will be a VERY happy camper !!!!
DH
I'd be happier had I known this 2 months ago, before I dropped at least half a grand on P3Dv5, FSUIPC6, P3D ActiveSky, and Orbx. I would have stayed with FSX:SE for a while longer. ::sighs:: At least I'd bought the P3D A2A aircraft on sale.

Owell. :|
I spent about $2000 on P3D in 2 months. I don't regret it. I plan to keep both. P3D is continuing development. It doesn't have to be one or the other - it's totally possible to have both and enjoy them. As long as you have money. ;)
Regards,

Jeremy Smirnov, M.D.

mer8771
Staff Sergeant

Post by mer8771 »

BostonJeremy77 wrote: 04 Feb 2021, 23:22 I spent about $2000 on P3D in 2 months. I don't regret it. I plan to keep both. P3D is continuing development. It doesn't have to be one or the other - it's totally possible to have both and enjoy them. As long as you have money. ;)
I have P3D, FSX, X-Plane, and MSFS 2020 installed and use them all. Like you, I don't understand why some people just have one. I guess money and storage is an issue for some and that part I get. Boy, do I ever get that part of it. The money is a huge part of it for me being disabled on a very tight fixed income. I was told I don't have to deal with my income for too much longer, but I'll leave my wife and kids with a problem. 8 surgeries last year and this year I guess I'll go for a record. So, I'll take whatever A2A puts out, and believe me I'll be happy with it. :D
Family, Friends, and I
Craig McN.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

MSFS has many things that need to be worked on still. But almost all of them are ignorable knowing that they will eventually rule them out. Even some really big aerodynamical issues can be overseen, Accusim will do it itself anyway. But what holds me away from MSFS atm is the icing. I can‘t simply make a single flight in real weather that won‘t end up in a huge ice brick trying to fly around. That‘s from zero to ice age in 1 minute and then you‘ll just fall out of the sky. Sad a bit, the snowy world would be for great scenic flights.

Buffalo Alien
Airman

Post by Buffalo Alien »

I have also moved on to MSFS 2020 the day it was released and have not looked back. I still have P3Dv5.1 installed on the same computer as well as FSX and P3Dv4.5 on a laptop. Since MSFS 2020 release though it is definitely the only sim I've been using. Although I miss my A2A hangar I find MSFS 2020 much more enjoyable. I am no longer constantly tweaking graphics settings nor buying addon scenery, basically wasting my time and money. It just works and looks and feels great. I've mainly been flying the Beechcraft Bonanza G36 around Southern California. Looking forward to A2A planes becoming available for sure!
P3Dv5, DCS World, ED Odyssey, MSFS PC & Xbox Series X. Win 11 23H2, ASRock B550AM, AMD Ryzen7 3700X 3.6 GHz, AMD Radeon RX5700, 64 GB DDR4 3000 MHz, ASUS TUF 23.8 x2, TM Hotas Warthog, TM TFRP, Xbox Elite Controller 2, TM TFlight Hotas One, MX Mech.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”