Pro Flight Yoke neutral off-center fix

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Masterius
Senior Airman

Pro Flight Yoke neutral off-center fix

Post by Masterius »

Just wanted to share this fix with everyone.

Yesterday, while using FSUIPC to fine-tune calibrate my equipment, I noticed a calibration problem with the aileron calibration of my Saitek/Logitech Pro Flight yoke. With the yoke at zero deflection, the "zero" was offset to the right by a significant degree, with that center flickering/jittering. Moving the yoke clockwise and counterclockwise, letting it come to neutral each time, that off-center condition repeated. Reluctantly, I figured I'd have to take the yoke apart and clean the pot, similar to what I do for my quadrants when they start to jitter.

Before I started taking it apart, I decided to do some research first. And thank goodness for Google! Saitek (now Logitech) seems to be aware of this occurring. The web page for this begins, "If your Flight Yoke axes appear to be off-center in the Game Controllers Test Page, the calibration data range might be bad."

So I decided to give it a whirl, before undertaking the chore of taking apart the yoke to clean the pots. And "Wha la!" it worked!

Here is the web page with the fix: https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/artic ... es-RegEdit

Al "Chevalier"

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”