A2A and FS 2020

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Re: A2A and FS 2020

Post by cristi.neagu »

Scott - A2A wrote: 22 Mar 2021, 19:06
ClipperLuna wrote: 17 Mar 2021, 10:39 Just let us know if you need any testers. Hard job, but I'd be willing to sacrifice a few hours of my time for it :wink:
One the new Comanche is ready for beta we will be reaching out to expand our beta team, as this is a big step for us and will need as much testing as we can get.

Scott
Would have really liked to see the Bonanza first, but I am most definitely not going to be upset with the Comanche!

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Scott - A2A wrote: 22 Mar 2021, 19:06
ClipperLuna wrote: 17 Mar 2021, 10:39 Just let us know if you need any testers. Hard job, but I'd be willing to sacrifice a few hours of my time for it :wink:
One the new Comanche is ready for beta we will be reaching out to expand our beta team, as this is a big step for us and will need as much testing as we can get.

Scott
Love the Comanche. It's definitely my favourite GA plane. Please put me down.

For testing, that is.... :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

GlenC
Airman

Post by GlenC »

That's great news the Comanche is getting close, its my go to GA aeroplane in P3D and know it well. I would love to test it :)

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

GlenC wrote: 23 Mar 2021, 04:43 That's great news the Comanche is getting close, its my go to GA aeroplane in P3D and know it well. I would love to test it :)
I don't think he said it was close. Seeing how Asobo is handling their "updates" makes me think it could be months away, SDK might be the same. I'm hopeful it's this year. As of now, MSFS is unflyable for many of us due to the last update that caused the random CPU spikes. I couldn't beta test if I wanted to. :?

BostonJeremy77
Airman First Class

Post by BostonJeremy77 »

Rant warning. ;)

As some of you know, I am a newcomer to P3D from MSFS - joined in January, bought a ton of A2A aircraft and FSLabs, PMDG, QWings, Majestic, Clipper, ALL those bird. Stellar. All of ORBX Global range of products too. About $2000 worth of products. I LIKE the sim, but find myself rarely coming back to it now. MSFS is just stellar. JustFlight released their Arrow - it's not A2A, but CLOSE. CRJ is now out.

EVERY DAY I go to P3D.COM to check to see if there is a new version, but there is nothing. Lights out. No development updates, no insight, no plans. Every day I am getting closer and closer to uninstalling it, but then I think of A2A's Constellation and how much I still want to have the option to fly it IF/WHEN I want. But visually, MSFS is just unbeatable, so I am mostly flying THAT. With Skypark. And I am having tons of fun.

LM's strategy is puzzling to me. It seems like they need to do something drastic if they are interested in keeping it alive. I keep reading about developers slowly migrating to MSFS. PMDG is now making good progress and 2021 should see the 737 there. A2A is making moves. Milviz all but abandoned P3D. Visually, it's just never gonna compare. So what's LM's plan? IS there a plan? How come no announcement that they are at least WORKING on something new? Asobo shines in shedding light on their development plan and what's in the works. It generates excitement for the platform. I see no such strategy from LM.

So, yeah... the second A2A gets ONE bird in there, I don't even care which one, P3D is probably gone from my system. Whether A2A or PMDG first. One of those two cats will cause me to uninstall P3D. At the same time, I don't want that to happen either. I want to be excited about some new P3D development and keep using both sims. I want to see P3D succeed, but LM is just not really helping that excitement at the moment.
Regards,

Jeremy Smirnov, M.D.

tup61
Airman

Post by tup61 »

Scott - A2A wrote: 22 Mar 2021, 19:06 One the new Comanche is ready for beta we will be reaching out to expand our beta team, as this is a big step for us and will need as much testing as we can get.
Oh my goodness. All I want for MSFS is a study level Q400 and... the A2A Comanche...!!! You made my day with your post, although I do presume we will have to wait quite some time before it will actually be there. Anyway, it's good to know it will be coming (with 100% MSFS graphics, I do hope and no leftovers from other sims, like some devs try to sell me...). This will be a must have and a day-1-purchase. (And it also means other devs won't see a dime from me, sorry.)

Masterius
Senior Airman

Post by Masterius »

Scott - A2A wrote: 22 Mar 2021, 19:06 One the new Comanche is ready for beta we will be reaching out to expand our beta team, as this is a big step for us and will need as much testing as we can get.

Scott
It'd be quite the heroic sacrifice, but gosh darn it! I'm willing to bite the bullet and volunteer!

Al "Chevalier"

aurel42
Airman First Class

Post by aurel42 »

I was out of the loop for a bit, so I don't know if everybody else already knew or if Scott broke news there. It certainly gives me something to look forward to in these dire times.
Aurel moves his index finger tenderly along the leading edge of the Comanche's wing. "We will fly again, baby. We will fly again."
#SUATMM

edwardsp1916
Airman

Post by edwardsp1916 »

Count me out. I do not want to beta test and I do not like the Comanche. Neither do I miss is since switching to XP11.

Regards

Paul
Prof at the University of Reverse Psychology

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

^^^
I see what you did there! Or I mean I didn't see what you did there. :wink:
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

makapala
Airman

Post by makapala »

Beta test a MSFs Comanche? Be still my heart? That comanche is the reason I’m looking at buying a share in one 100 miles from my house!

I’ll go lovely on my brand new msi 3080 suprim ;)

aurel42
Airman First Class

Post by aurel42 »

The only thing better than an A2A Comanche in MFS would be an A2A Comanche with a GTN750 in MFS.
Mainly because the large and friendly touchscreen is a huge quality-of-life improvement when flying in VR.
Please consider supporting the PMS50 GTN750, thank you very much!

KKoskey
Airman Basic

Post by KKoskey »

I'd be happy to offer up some of my time to beta test as well!

Yoshimura
Airman

Post by Yoshimura »

It's been a really long time since my last post here.

While it makes sense to get an A2A quality 172 or any other GA plane, because of the beauty of MSFS. I would love to see a Boeing 377 or even better, a constellation, I never had a chance to fly this awesome plane in FSX.

I would really like to fly old school VOR/NDB
I love the smell of Avgas in the morning ;)

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

As a working texture artist for a small developer I have to say Asobo is not making this transition easy, not easy at all. With every update things change. The flight model is really the hold up here and once you think you have it they change something. We have a few planes in the new sim but not really ready for prime time until Asobo gives a us solid, gone and done flight system and SDK.
Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”