Rudder inoperative?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
JAB43
Airman

Rudder inoperative?

Post by JAB43 »

New to the forum but have followed a2a over the years and learned allot about general aviation. However a problem with a rudder that won’t move. Some details:
- running fsx with all service packs up to date
- CH pro rudder pedals
- have fsuipc but disabled. Use the configuration where possible
- problem seems to be affecting only a2a planes (have 7) with the exception of the cub which is not fitted with a ucu-sim. Rudder works normally on cub, milviz beaver.
- have applied the 11/05/2020 update and restarted but did not fix problem.
- have changed ports on the pc. Shows connection has been successful. Also when applying brakes with the pedals they work as normal on all a2a aircraft.
- have reset axis assignments under control setting.
- have recalibrated pro pedals.
- maintenance hanger shows no problems.
- I always load fsx with standard fsx planes.
- pc is up to date however need to replace one of these days but waiting for a2a planes to be available in the new msfs2020 program. Have had no fsx issues at all in past few years.
So that’s it! I only fly a2a with the exception of the milviz beaver on rare occasions.
Am anxious to get this fleet up and running.
Any suggestions from this knowledgeable forum would be appreciated.
John

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Rudder inoperative?

Post by dvm »

I have the same problem recently so I tried the old trick of starting the flight with a non A2A plane and that took care of it but sounds like you are using that trick. Have you checked your controller sensitivities ? Do not have the problem in P3D only FSX.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=47744

JAB43
Airman

Post by JAB43 »

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have always used the stock fsx planes to load the sim and the sensitivity’s are all set to far right with no nul zone. Thanks again,
John

JAB43
Airman

Post by JAB43 »

Problem solved. We recently moved the pc and the USB ports were changed. For some unknown FSX reason any plane that had a a2a configurator the "z" axis was assigned to cowl flaps radiator etc. This overroad the "z" axis for the rudder making them inoperative. Sorry for any inconvenience this post may have caused.
John

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Apologies for not chiming in earlier John. Glad you found the solution and thanks for posting back with the update.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”