Problem Across All A2A Aircraft.

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Problem Across All A2A Aircraft.

Post by GaryRR »

All of my A2A Aircraft are malfunctioning since I installed Ultimate Traffic Live.
It happens when I try to load a saved flight.
The aircraft load in cockpit with the VFR windows open. I close them. Go into VC .
I use my CH controls, the throttle first and aircraft does not respond. The VC controls do not move. I open the maintenance window and click inspect and just about everything is destroyed, no hanger sounds. I click repair and nothing happens.
Also, the aircraft configuration is not loaded.
Wing tanks, wing root fairings, larger engine in the V35 etc.
I close FSX Steam. Verify files. 2 are missing. Re-aqquire.
These symptoms happen on saved flights. Not on the default flight which is my V35 at KSEG, current time and weather.
Also, when it happens, if I load any other aircraft everything is fine. This only happens with my A2A fleet.
Any ideas what the cause could be?
Thanks.

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Re: Problem Across All A2A Aircraft.

Post by guillaume78150 »

When you launch FSX, your default flight should be the FSX default flight with the standard FSX aircraft, not a flight you created and saved with an A2A aircraft.
Once FSX started, you can load whatever flight you want.

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

The V35 is my go to GA plane. One can set any aircraft and location for default. Always opens current time. And weather if ASN live.

It was never a trouble before. Only since Ultimate Traffic is present.
And this weekend was first I flew A2A since loading Ultimate Traffic last week. When I bought it I used lower demand aircraft until I got it set up and figured out how to use it.
Yesterday was first time with an A2A aircraft in UTL environment.
But as long as I start with default everything is okay. The problems happen when I start with a saved situation.

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

Unfortunately the only fix may be to save your flight(s) with one of the default aircraft, then switch to your A2A bird after everything's loaded. The A2A planes put a fair amount of strain on things content-wise and if you add on extra scenery on top of that sometimes it can be too much. I had a problem like that when I got one of my ORBX airports. Everything would load OK before I got the airport, even with an A2A plane as the aircraft for the scenario, but once I put the ORBX airport in there, it would crash.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Wow that's weird.. When I had Ultimate Traffic Life installed in P3Dv4 my PMDG 777 was completely unflyable. It behaved like its CG would change all the time, its nose went up and down uncontrollably. I always thought it was the 777 but eventually I uninstalled UTL for AIG and all the problems vanished magically. I have NO idea what happened, but this cured me frum any UT product. UT2 was already bad enough.

However as others said: never save any complex addons as default flight.

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

P3D v5, (probably applies to all but MSFS). I recently learned that if the “default” flight was set with specific parameters (slew on, external view, ...) every time I started a scenario, regardless of which aircraft it was, it would always default to those parameters. Even “saved” flights that never used those parameters kept those parameters when the flight launches. It had nothing to do with the “default” aircraft saved. Wonder if you’re experiencing something like this.

My “fix” was to set up a flight with everything set “correctly” then save it and make that my “default” flight.

TB2
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

TBryson2 wrote: 28 Mar 2021, 17:38 P3D v5, (probably applies to all but MSFS). I recently learned that if the “default” flight was set with specific parameters (slew on, external view, ...) every time I started a scenario, regardless of which aircraft it was, it would always default to those parameters. Even “saved” flights that never used those parameters kept those parameters when the flight launches. It had nothing to do with the “default” aircraft saved. Wonder if you’re experiencing something like this.

My “fix” was to set up a flight with everything set “correctly” then save it and make that my “default” flight.

TB2
That‘s indeed what happens. The FSX-core sim (includes P3D) can‘t reset set variables when you change aircraft so as soons as you set anything (like the examples you made or even worse: Accusim) the sim will load this for the aircraft you use. So if you save for example the A2A C172 as default the sim will load its features, even if you haven‘t started a flight. So if you change to the trike then and load the flight and press F12 which would be the default top down view you‘ll end up in a view for the walk around. Another example in P3Dv4: if you load a flight in the default F22 so you sit in it on the runway and then change to any accusim aircraft you won‘t be able to use you elevator trim. The F22‘s fly by wire doesn‘t have a manual elev trim. Etc etc. The bottom line is that the sim can‘t reset itself without shutting it down so avoid any confusion and don‘t change the default flight. Then select your aircraft from the start up screen and start the flight.

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

MarcE wrote: 28 Mar 2021, 18:32
TBryson2 wrote: 28 Mar 2021, 17:38 P3D v5, (probably applies to all but MSFS). I recently learned that if the “default” flight was set with specific parameters (slew on, external view, ...) every time I started a scenario, regardless of which aircraft it was, it would always default to those parameters. Even “saved” flights that never used those parameters kept those parameters when the flight launches. It had nothing to do with the “default” aircraft saved. Wonder if you’re experiencing something like this.

TB2
That‘s indeed what happens. The FSX-core sim (includes P3D) can‘t reset set variables when you change aircraft so as soons as you set anything (like the examples you made or even worse: Accusim) the sim will load this for the aircraft you use. So if you save for example the A2A C172 as default the sim will load its features, even if you haven‘t started a flight. So if you change to the trike then and load the flight and press F12 which would be the default top down view you‘ll end up in a view for the walk around. Another example in P3Dv4: if you load a flight in the default F22 so you sit in it on the runway and then change to any accusim aircraft you won‘t be able to use you elevator trim. The F22‘s fly by wire doesn‘t have a manual elev trim. Etc etc. The bottom line is that the sim can‘t reset itself without shutting it down so avoid any confusion and don‘t change the default flight. Then select your aircraft from the start up screen and start the flight.
And yet for years in both FSX and P3D I've been able to start with whatever aircraft I like and switch indiscriminately between aircraft in my hangar without feature loss. Suddenly when I try to go from one A2A bird to another P3D crashes.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Aye ratty I was like that too, years ok then all of a sudden in the land of the majority who cannot use complex planes as defaults. No rhyme or reason, but understandable why so many study level developers recommend it as "good practice"

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

It all depends on the airport. KSEG, my home strip is a small GA airport in small Selinsgrove PA. Ultimate Traffic cranks a Cessna or a Diamond and few airliners overhead. No trouble.
KERI and KPIT, trouble because more of those Cessnas and Diamonds and airliners on the ground and in the air.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”