Do non-smoking flights affect your career?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Illi73
Staff Sergeant

Do non-smoking flights affect your career?

Post by Illi73 »

I have a couple of flights with the Connie under my belt now (and it's become a pretty nice ride for me).

One thing came to my mind, however. I guess that back in the days one was at certain times allowed to smoke in the plane... these days you'll see that all air-liners have a permanent 'no smoking' policy. They also announce after boarding "this is a non-smoking flight".

So my question is, if I want to fly this plane in 'more modern time setting' and I'd want to leave the 'non smoking' light on for the full duration of the flight... does that affect my career rating negatively?

Also, I'm not sure when the non smoking light should otherwise be on... Seatbelts should be on when there's turbulence... but does that also make smoking dangerous (because of possible dropping of cigars, etc.?)

Anyone with a clue about these?

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Re: Do non-smoking flights affect your career?

Post by cristi.neagu »

If i'm rich enough to book a flight on one of the few (if not the only) Lockheed Constellation doing passenger flights, then i will be smoking a cigar and no one can stop me :D

Illi73
Staff Sergeant

Post by Illi73 »

cristi.neagu wrote: 11 Apr 2021, 13:08 If i'm rich enough to book a flight on one of the few (if not the only) Lockheed Constellation doing passenger flights, then i will be smoking a cigar and no one can stop me :D
Well yeah, can't blame you!

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

Back in the day, the No Smoking light and the Seat Belt light were on all of the time the plane had power (engine or ground power) on the ground, and during take-offs and landings. In rough air, the Seat Belt sign would come on, but the smoking was still allowed. As for your career, you can do what you please, I'm just old enough to remember the history aspect of all of this.
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”