PRO-ATC/X Clearance issue

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
renaissanceman
Technical Sergeant

PRO-ATC/X Clearance issue

Post by renaissanceman »

Hi everybody! Coming back to FSX-SE after several years away (a story in itself.) I ran all the A2A updates and updated FSUIPC, AS16, and PRO-ATC/X 1.9.2.5.)

I'm having an issue with receiving replies from clearance delivery. I set up at the airport and parking spot per flightplan, start PRO-ATC/X, hit Go Fly and get the green banner in FSX. My coms are set up and get the PRO-ATC/X ATIS. I switch from standby to active on com1 which is set up by PRO-ATC/X. I request clearance but get no reply. If anyone has read my PRO-ATC/X First impressions post from 2015 - viewtopic.php?t=48343 - I did try the Checklist Menu but still got no reply from clearance.

I repeated this with the default C172 and got a reply and was able to request push-back and startup.

I posted on the PROATC forum and I'm waiting on a reply. If anyone here is using PRO-ATC/X and has any feedback, I'd appreciate it.

Jim
i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz | ASUS Maximus VIII Formula | 32 GB DDR4 | EVGA GeForce GTX 980TI Classified |
Win 10 Pro 64 | FSX SE | Registered FSUIPC | All Accu-Sim Birds | Accu-Feel v2 | TrackIR5 | AS16 | PRO-ATC/X

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: PRO-ATC/X Clearance issue

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Jim.
I dont have the PRO-ATC/X addon , so if i understand your issue correctly , the default C172 worked with the addon , but none of your A2A aircraft work with it .
1/ Which A2A aircraft do you have
Reason for asking , the warbirds and the T-6 dont have stby coms . the GA aircraft do , if you could list the A2A aircraft your haveing issues with , it will help A2A to figure out what is happening.
regards Alan. 8)

renaissanceman
Technical Sergeant

Post by renaissanceman »

alan CXA651 wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 16:11 Hi Jim.
I dont have the PRO-ATC/X addon , so if i understand your issue correctly , the default C172 worked with the addon , but none of your A2A aircraft work with it .
1/ Which A2A aircraft do you have
Reason for asking , the warbirds and the T-6 dont have stby coms . the GA aircraft do , if you could list the A2A aircraft your haveing issues with , it will help A2A to figure out what is happening.
regards Alan. 8)
Hi Alan,
As it says in my sig, I have all the accusim birds. I have only tried the Comanche and the C182 and neither one worked. I don't expect to fly IFR with the warbirds. In the past, I believe I flew either the Constellation or the B377 using PRO-ATC/X, but most of my previous flights were with the Comanche.
i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz | ASUS Maximus VIII Formula | 32 GB DDR4 | EVGA GeForce GTX 980TI Classified |
Win 10 Pro 64 | FSX SE | Registered FSUIPC | All Accu-Sim Birds | Accu-Feel v2 | TrackIR5 | AS16 | PRO-ATC/X

renaissanceman
Technical Sergeant

Post by renaissanceman »

renaissanceman wrote: 13 Apr 2021, 14:18 I'm having an issue with receiving replies from clearance delivery. I set up at the airport and parking spot per flightplan, start PRO-ATC/X, hit Go Fly and get the green banner in FSX. My coms are set up and get the PRO-ATC/X ATIS. I switch from standby to active on com1 which is set up by PRO-ATC/X. I request clearance but get no reply. If anyone has read my PRO-ATC/X First impressions post from 2015 - viewtopic.php?t=48343 - I did try the Checklist Menu but still got no reply from clearance.

Jim
I thought I should update this post - I was able to resolve the issue with clearance delivery. I seems PATC gets confused with the A2A radio setup. If I use the Shift-6 Quick Radio panel initially then I get a response from clearance delivery. After that I am able to enter and change frequencies using the cockpit radio stack or the Quick Radio panel without problems. Here is the thread from the PATC forum:
https://www.pointsoftware.de/proatcxfor ... 063.0.html

The current problem I am having is I cannot save and later load a 'saved flight situation' through PATC. Apparently the issue is with the code as it relates to FSX and it is currently in the developer's hands. Here is the thread from the PATC forum:
https://www.pointsoftware.de/proatcxfor ... 095.0.html

Jim

renaissanceman
Technical Sergeant

Post by renaissanceman »

renaissanceman wrote: 10 May 2021, 13:35
I thought I should update this post - I was able to resolve the issue with clearance delivery. I seems PATC gets confused with the A2A radio setup. If I use the Shift-6 Quick Radio panel initially then I get a response from clearance delivery. After that I am able to enter and change frequencies using the cockpit radio stack or the Quick Radio panel without problems. Here is the thread from the PATC forum:
https://www.pointsoftware.de/proatcxfor ... 063.0.html

The current problem I am having is I cannot save and later load a 'saved flight situation' through PATC. Apparently the issue is with the code as it relates to FSX and it is currently in the developer's hands. Here is the thread from the PATC forum:
https://www.pointsoftware.de/proatcxfor ... 095.0.html

Jim
[/quote]

I resolved the issue with Saved Flight Situations - I had the wrong directory in the 'Options/Flight Plan Folders' tab. What was listed there was:
G:\Users\Jim\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files - Copy (2)\Plan-G Plans

Somehow when I update or reinstall PATCX, this path is in the 'Options/Flight Plan Folders' tab.

I changed this to:
\Users\Jim\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files Which is where my saved flights go.
I also added:
\Users\Jim\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\Plan-G Plans Where I store my flight plans.

It's a bit confusing because the entry in the Flight Plan Folders' tab is listed as 'Paths where Flight Simulator flight plans(*.pln) are saved. Plus additional add-ons.' The path should point to where the saved flights are and possibly flight plan storage as well. This could be a language issue - the developer is German.

Anyway, it all seems to be working now and is improved from when I was using ProATC/X a few years ago.

Jim

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”