A2A Comanche and MS FS 2020

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: A2A Comanche and MS FS 2020

Post by DHenriques_ »

cristi.neagu wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 08:18
DHenriquesA2A wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 07:39
cristi.neagu wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 03:23
It's weird that you would reach that conclusion considering everyone here told you that it will be at least as good...
Actually, the Comanche released for FS2020 will be well ABOVE the level of FSX.
Dudley Henriques
I know! viewtopic.php?f=23&t=72335#p551130 :D

So... is that confirmation that, despite the gloomy undertones of Asobo's SDK Q&A, as of right now, A2A is confident that there will be a Comanche for FS2020?
Yes. There will be a Comanche for 2020.
DH

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

Thank you, Dudley. I think I speak for all when I say I'm glad to hear it and I can't wait to see the improved Comanche!

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

ClipperLuna wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 10:23 Thank you, Dudley. I think I speak for all when I say I'm glad to hear it and I can't wait to see the improved Comanche!
You're welcome for sure.
The main message I'd like to convey to everybody is that we know the process is slower than usual and that all of you are just itching to get your mitts on an A2A produced Accusim plane to fly in MSFS2020.
What's holding things back a bit is that we don't want to release the Comanche before we have everything up to the A2A standard and how that standard works in the new simulation.

A2A could release now of course but if we hold back a while longer the result will be an unbelievable aircraft. We are seeing our entry into the world of FS2020 as a totally new raising of the bar for flight simulation.
So hang in there folks. I know some of you are getting impatient. I can tell all of you that the team is hard at work on the Comanche and when that work is done you WILL be happy campers.
Dudley Henriques

Rioku
Airman First Class

Post by Rioku »

I thought Aerostar will be the first plane.

Now the first will be Comanche 250?

Why?

Thanks

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 11:20
ClipperLuna wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 10:23 Thank you, Dudley. I think I speak for all when I say I'm glad to hear it and I can't wait to see the improved Comanche!
You're welcome for sure.
The main message I'd like to convey to everybody is that we know the process is slower than usual and that all of you are just itching to get your mitts on an A2A produced Accusim plane to fly in MSFS2020.
What's holding things back a bit is that we don't want to release the Comanche before we have everything up to the A2A standard and how that standard works in the new simulation.

A2A could release now of course but if we hold back a while longer the result will be an unbelievable aircraft. We are seeing our entry into the world of FS2020 as a totally new raising of the bar for flight simulation.
So hang in there folks. I know some of you are getting impatient. I can tell all of you that the team is hard at work on the Comanche and when that work is done you WILL be happy campers.
Dudley Henriques
Those are some very encouraging words to hear! I have been waiting for ages for this, i can wait a little while longer just fine. Thank you and everyone at A2A for your dedication.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Rioku wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 12:20 I thought Aerostar will be the first plane.

Now the first will be Comanche 250?

Why?

Thanks
I assume (!) it‘s because Scott and Jake hat a gear up crash landing in the Aerostar and the airplane will not be flyable for A2A anymore. So if they need to verify anything they hadn‘t done before they need to talk to other AEST owners. I think this might slow everything down.

Another reason might be that MSFS has matured enough for Accusim faster than expected and the Comanche might have progressed faster/better. Keep in mind it‘s been a finished aircraft for P3D and hence A2A knew the airplane very well. The Pa60 is a new development with a new engine configuration and new technical systems to develop.

Again, just assumptions.

Archive88
Airman First Class

Post by Archive88 »

Thank you NIck for understanding my question.

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

After being involved in some interesting discussions on the FS2020 forums, i am really curious to see how A2A will deliver Accu-Sim in FS2020. As far as i'm concerned, whether or not this sim is going to make it in the long run is dependant on A2A's Comanche and PMDG's 737NG3.

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

cristi.neagu wrote: 25 Apr 2021, 13:45 After being involved in some interesting discussions on the FS2020 forums, i am really curious to see how A2A will deliver Accu-Sim in FS2020. As far as i'm concerned, whether or not this sim is going to make it in the long run is dependant on A2A's Comanche and PMDG's 737NG3.
You are very wrong in that regard. FSX was well into its service life before A2A brought anything like Accu-Sim into it. MSFS is surviving very well right now, and it has already survived longer than MS Flight did, and nothing is really showing that there is any sign of slowing on the development of this sim. FSX didn't even really come into its own till AFTER MS stopped supporting it and closed down Aces Studio. So to think that MSFS is reliant on A2A or PMDG is absurd at best. Don't get me wrong, I love A2A's planes, the whole hangar, but, A2A is a niche in the flight simulation community. Like it or not the majority of people flying in sims are doing because they like airplanes, not because they like systems management. That is why the likes of Carenado, Alabeo, and Just Flight can push out highly detailed models with only so-so flight models and people snap them up even at the ridiculous prices they are currently charging for their stuff. I have the Alabeo Waco YMF-5 in MSFS and I like it despite it having odd behavior on take-off, I like just jumping into it and going for a slow flight without having to worry much about engine oil temps and spark plug fouling. Flight simulation can be used for serious training but, it is intended to be fun, and the masses do NOT want an A2A study level aircraft.
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

ImpendingJoker wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 12:51 So to think that MSFS is reliant on A2A or PMDG is absurd at best
Like i said, "as far as I'm concerned".

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

Scott - A2A wrote: 20 Apr 2021, 10:26 Accu-Sim is in no way limited by the host program regardless of what it is, Xplane, P3D, FS2020, etc. So from our POV the platform is irrelevant in terms of how the airplane functions and behaves as all of this exists in our code, not the host platform. The host platform is basically just a world where the Accu-Sim airplane lives.

Scott.
So...A2A P-40 in DCS:World confirmed? :lol:
Paul

Part 147 Instructor

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

cristi.neagu wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 13:20
ImpendingJoker wrote: 27 Apr 2021, 12:51 So to think that MSFS is reliant on A2A or PMDG is absurd at best
Like i said, "as far as I'm concerned".
Ok but you didn't specify that. You said, "As far as I'm concerned, whether or not this sim is going to make it in the long run" but you didn't say, "on my computer" or "for my personal use". You made a blanket statement and that is what I responded to. To you, you may not like MSFS, and that is fine but, I remember the people that didn't like FSX and stuck with FS9 and then cried for years that support had died when the rest of the world had moved on. The same thing happened with FSX--->P3Dv4--->P3Dv5. I stopped at P3Dv3 because by the time I was financially able to make the jump from v3 to v4, v5 got announced and I was going to wait and make that bigger jump but just as that came out, MSFS was announced, and the amount of hard drive space is finite so choices must be made, so I did, and jumped from v3 to MSFS and by and large I do not regret it, I just wish there were helicopters(soon to be rectified by a couple of creators). I get that you are saying that A2A and PMDG are dependent upon YOUR continued use of MSFS but that is not how you worded it before thus my previous post.
Paul

Part 147 Instructor

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

ImpendingJoker wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 11:56 To you, you may not like MSFS, and that is fine
Never said i don't. My hope is that FS2020 will become a replacement for P3D. Right now it isn't. In fact, it seems they barely overlap. P3D does IFR and airliners really well, while FS2020 does VFR and GA really well.
ImpendingJoker wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 11:56 I get that you are saying that A2A and PMDG are dependent upon YOUR continued use of MSFS but that is not how you worded it before thus my previous post.
To be clear: My continued used of FS2020 is dependant upon A2A and PMDG, not the other way around :)

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

The digital thinking the world has turned into is weird. Someone criticize something and hence he doesn‘t like it. Someone doesn‘t say A, so he automatically says Z.. nope. I found in other forums that my opinion about the whole spectacle is pretty much the same as Cristi‘s and it‘s basically so that the future of MSFS will definitel show with the releases of the upcoming A2A and PMDG addons and the time shortly after. Certainly not whether MSFS will survive or go down, we’re way past this question. But the important question for us is: Will the sim be capable of running highly detailed and complex addons like Accusim without breaking them every update? Will Asobo work towards the implementation of such sophisticated environments - and flightmodels? Or will they close the door because the Comanche doesn‘t use the Asobo SEP flight model? Well, I assume it doesn‘t. Will MSFS evolve into a fully capable sim that can run and handle the complexity of the developped modules that make A2A aircraft (and PMDG) so good, not only in flight but also during the shutdown and securing process?

In the T6 for example I enjoy the shutdown of this radial the same as I enjoy flying it. But if that idiotic game-over-screen straddles my enjoyment twice I might lose interest.

I fly MSFS regularily, basically with 2 default aircraft, the Da20 and the VL3, the latter with the Rotax 915is mod and two payware airplanes, the Justflight Arrow and the ATS P.149. All I wait for is Accusim. I have purchased 2 or 3 smaller airports in MSFS while I have hundreds in P3D. The enduring success of both aircraft / developers will decide whether I put any more money into the sim or if I‘ll stick to what I have in P3D and real flight hours.

avduarri
Senior Airman

Post by avduarri »

MarcE wrote: 02 May 2021, 09:46 In the T6 for example I enjoy the shutdown of this radial the same as I enjoy flying it. But if that idiotic game-over-screen straddles my enjoyment twice I might lose interest.
Amen.
I enjoy from the sound of the closing door in the C172, to the sound of the Comanches engine when you crank it. All the A2A atmosphere.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”