A2A Comanche and MS FS 2020

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Re: A2A Comanche and MS FS 2020

Post by cristi.neagu »

MarcE wrote: 02 May 2021, 09:46 In the T6 for example I enjoy the shutdown of this radial the same as I enjoy flying it. But if that idiotic game-over-screen straddles my enjoyment twice I might lose interest.
The good news is that, if the JustFlight Arrow is anything to go by, that screen pops up only after switching the battery off. So you can enjoy the sound of the engine shutting down, but you will have to suffer through it to tie down the plane.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

cristi.neagu wrote: 02 May 2021, 17:57
MarcE wrote: 02 May 2021, 09:46 In the T6 for example I enjoy the shutdown of this radial the same as I enjoy flying it. But if that idiotic game-over-screen straddles my enjoyment twice I might lose interest.
The good news is that, if the JustFlight Arrow is anything to go by, that screen pops up only after switching the battery off. So you can enjoy the sound of the engine shutting down, but you will have to suffer through it to tie down the plane.
The bad news here is: I always turn off the master before I eventually cut the engine :mrgreen: :mrgreen: maybe I‘ll have to change this habit lol

If they just would remove that screen like they removed the any-key 🙄 PC and console versions are different in other games too..

makapala
Airman

Post by makapala »

I do hope the MSFS flight dynamics improve over the Just Flight Arrow. I can do a power off glide approach trimmed to 75kts in a the P3D Cherokee no problems just like in real life circuits but using the Arrow in MSFS I power off when level with the threshold and the Arrow sink rate plunges to 1000ft+ and falls out the sky like potted petunia. I trim up and still sink like a blue whale... until i’m sinking *and* stalling.

Not good.

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

makapala wrote: 05 May 2021, 01:53 I do hope the MSFS flight dynamics improve over the Just Flight Arrow. I can do a power off glide approach trimmed to 75kts in a the P3D Cherokee no problems just like in real life circuits but using the Arrow in MSFS I power off when level with the threshold and the Arrow sink rate plunges to 1000ft+ and falls out the sky like potted petunia. I trim up and still sink like a blue whale... until i’m sinking *and* stalling.

Not good.
JustFlight's Arrow is tied to the internal flight model, so it's only as good as Asobo make it. A2A will use Accu-Sim, but i still don't know what that implies. Dudley Henriques has said that the result is really good, so if he's happy then i'm more than happy. I'm hoping that at some point A2A will tell us what Accu-Sim is in FS2020 and how they managed to pull it off, considering Asobo have said they don't want third party developers overriding the default flight model.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

cristi.neagu wrote: 05 May 2021, 04:23
makapala wrote: 05 May 2021, 01:53 I do hope the MSFS flight dynamics improve over the Just Flight Arrow. I can do a power off glide approach trimmed to 75kts in a the P3D Cherokee no problems just like in real life circuits but using the Arrow in MSFS I power off when level with the threshold and the Arrow sink rate plunges to 1000ft+ and falls out the sky like potted petunia. I trim up and still sink like a blue whale... until i’m sinking *and* stalling.

Not good.
JustFlight's Arrow is tied to the internal flight model, so it's only as good as Asobo make it. A2A will use Accu-Sim, but i still don't know what that implies. Dudley Henriques has said that the result is really good, so if he's happy then i'm more than happy. I'm hoping that at some point A2A will tell us what Accu-Sim is in FS2020 and how they managed to pull it off, considering Asobo have said they don't want third party developers overriding the default flight model.

JF have just released another update for the Arrow, version 5. Kudos to them for trying hard to improve it. I installed it last night, along with the latest MSFS update and have to say that both the Arrow and MSFS have improved. The sim has recovered it's smooth performance and the Arrow handles much more closely to how I remember that series of planes should fly. OK. it's not Accu-Sim and lacks the feeling only that package brings, but JF have done a good job with it. It's one plane I'd love to see A2A turn their talents to. Or at least release Accu-Feel for MSFS to make it a little better still.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

makapala
Airman

Post by makapala »

Yes the plane seems a bit better wirh 0.50 but now the rudder’s gone weird. I’m sure it’ll get better again

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

0.5.1 hotfix is also out on their forum, addressing some issues. I expect an email will be sent out soon, when they repackage the installer.

Which begs the question... When can i expect the "A2A previews the Comanche for FS2020" mail? :D

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

And I found in the Q&A and the dev update that they will indeed remove the game over screen :D yippay :D that sim‘s gonna become a great time trap lol

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I'm hoping there will be some sort of update on the progress of the MSFS Comanche soon. I'm not looking for a release date, but it would be great to know how it's coming along and how it might be improved over the previous versions. Two things that would be an improvement are an engine analyzer gauge as presently fitted to Scott's Comanche, and also the further option of a two bladed prop. Hope it will also have the aerodynamic addons presently offered.

Really looking forward to hearing more about this plane, however much or little that might be.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

crobles27
Airman Basic

Post by crobles27 »

Any updates on when the Comanche will be available for FS 2020?

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

I'd love to know what that "road block" is that holds things up for A2A. All that vagueness and stringing along is very frustrating. Why so secretive?

PMDG are coming out with their 2nd high-fidelity aircraft soon and they are also more transparent about what's going on.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Jigsaw wrote: 08 Sep 2021, 12:08 I'd love to know what that "road block" is that holds things up for A2A. All that vagueness and stringing along is very frustrating. Why so secretive?

PMDG are coming out with their 2nd high-fidelity aircraft soon and they are also more transparent about what's going on.
I feel RSR said more than he would say now. The sim experiences extreme ups and downs and currently we‘re in a pretty deep valley. I have no idea how much it impacts PMDG but I personally don‘t expect the NG3 before December, very depending on SU6 of course.

I mean, our beloved developers are comercial companies after all and their releases to the sims are meant to make money. But how much money can you make if you aim at such an unstable target? If you have to put many hours of development and testing into your already released products just to ensure ongoing compatibility the financial margin isn‘t too large. I guess P3D is a dream in comparison

jsbrewster1
Senior Airman

Post by jsbrewster1 »

I realize some people are having issues with SU5 and SU6, but don't assume everyone does. I find MSFS to be very stable and an enjoyable experience. Call me a fan boy if you like but I think the people who are having problems are a VERY vocal minority.
Jeff Brewster
KC-135 Navigator
US Air Force (retired)
"...and miles to go before I sleep..." - RF

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

jsbrewster1 wrote: 08 Sep 2021, 23:07 I realize some people are having issues with SU5 and SU6, but don't assume everyone does. I find MSFS to be very stable and an enjoyable experience. Call me a fan boy if you like but I think the people who are having problems are a VERY vocal minority.
I’m also one of the lucky ones without many issues on MSFS. But I can understand the people that have issues. Even if they’re a minority. They paid that same amount of money for the sim as you and me and they have a product that’s not working correctly. So MS and Asobo need to fix the issues the sim has so everyone has an enjoyable experience.

Just my two cents on the issue.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

If you replied to me, I was unclear with my words I think: the sim is stable for us, I don‘t have any issues beside the scenery culling that has been implemented since SU5 and has been reduced since WU6. But the program itself is as stable as P3D never has been. With the deep valley I thought of the situation for developers to create content for it. Everytime Asobo release an update developers have to work on already released products again, geowing number means more work. And this has to happen fast as we are forced to update and can‘t hold off to wait for compatible addons which might normally take some weeks.. or months. The PMDG DC6 for P3D is still not compatible with P3Dv5 but it hasn‘t been sold for this version either, it works in v4. So there is no real rush for PMDG. The DC6 for SU5 was broken, so whatever PMDG did at that moment the had to refocus on the DC6 and ensure compatibility ASAP. With 2 or 3 more updates planned this year this will eventually become expensive. Now add the 737, then the 747… A2A have 10 or so products in P3D, imagine them to be in MSFS at their complexity. Imo that is a huge problem and therefore the sim‘s condition is currently really bad.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”