T-6A Texan II

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Corvallis
Airman Basic

T-6A Texan II

Post by Corvallis »

Hello all,

I was just trying to find out if there is a release date for the T-6A Texan II for the public. I'm currently in the pipeline for Pilot Training in the USAF and I've used the A2A T-6A in some preparatory courses. I have my own Sim setup in my home and I would really like to be able to purchase a license for the A2A version of the T-6A, as the graphics engine and VR support in the version of the T-6A I have in X-Plane leave a bit to be desired compared to the P3D Model.

I understand there may be some contractual obligations regarding the commercial model the USAF uses, but I was wondering if there are any options available or if I'm just out of luck.

I filled out a support form on the website asking this, but it's been a week or two so I figured I'd ask here.

Thanks!

Hobart Escin

Re: T-6A Texan II

Post by Hobart Escin »

Pure speculation on my part, but the big issue here might be A2A's concern about technology exposure to competing developers for military contracts. Milviz, a P3D developer also with a US Military contract, pulled public versions of their T-38C simulation for P3D from the mass market for similar reasons (I think). Or I could be completely wrong about all of this.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

There was some official discussion in May/June 2019 probing the idea of releasing the newly revealed Texan II to the public as an unfinished product. I assume the P3D conversions of FSX aircraft took priority, maybe along with supporting the military contract. Now the priority is adapting to MSFS and the simultaneous development of the Aerostar. But who knows what the future holds once MSFS is sorted out?

https://a2asimulations.com/a2a-developm ... -may-2019/

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=68326
Last edited by Skycat on 20 Apr 2021, 18:18, edited 1 time in total.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Corvallis
Airman Basic

Post by Corvallis »

I appreciate the replies, but that's not really what I'm trying to get at here.

I'm just trying to be able to use a simulation that I've used at work on my personal copy of P3D. I know that the product exists, and what fashion of development it is in. I'll sign whatever NDA or contract they need for it to not be released. This isn't really a case of it being an unfinished product as far as I know, its a product that is only available to a specific userbase.

I think the weird part is that there are clearly A2A staff that peruse this forum, and that there's a support question submitted and neither have been replied to. Not a no, just radio silence.

I would just appreciate an actual answer from A2A. Even a PM if this isn't a topic to be broached on the forums.

Thanks

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Hi Corvallis,

Check PM.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

Hobart Escin

Post by Hobart Escin »

Here's a great interview with Scott Gentile describing A2A's T6II project for those interested:

https://www.key.aero/article/a2a-simula ... a-texan-ii

SeaTacMonster
Airman Basic

Post by SeaTacMonster »

Reviving this thread as I am also in search of the T-6A for UPT practice, can someone point me in the right direction? I tried to submit a DM, but I havent "participated in enough conversations".

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”