Connie going great!

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Illi73
Staff Sergeant

Connie going great!

Post by Illi73 »

15 flights on the Connie now and aced another landing :) Starting to get really comphy with this bird already!
ConnieCareer_15.png
ConnieCareer_15.png (65.74 KiB) Viewed 1093 times
:)

A few questions/remarks:

1) There's a light switch for "compass light" on my left (next to instrument lights). Does it do anything? I have tried to switch it on and off, but I don't see a difference.

2) My engines are still all in excellent shape. Is there a 'life span' for them, or do they stay in such great shape as long as you treat them well?

3) Salary is going up every now and then (which is nice to see). Is there a roof? Or do they start docking it if your performance flounders?

4) A small request, if I may: It would be really great if I could use the mouse-wheel to move the throttles forward/backward slightly like in the other planes. I can't remember right now if you could do that in the B337 Stratocruiser too, but at least in the GA planes you can do this and I like that for tuning my throttle.

Anyway, having a great time with this one! Kudos A2A!

Illi73
Staff Sergeant

Re: Connie going great!

Post by Illi73 »

About #1: Doh! I was looking at the wrong place. I just now realized that I've been looking at the heading gauge all the time, expecting extra lights there or whatnot. The compass is not that, it's 'higher up' in front - in between of the pilot and co-pilot. And it lights up. Now that one is answered :) (and I feel a little more stupid now, but also better because I realized by myself where I was thinking wrong)

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Regards to :-
1/. you found your mistake thats good.
2/.No matter how you handle the engines , they will ware out and fail , as in real life , treat them well , they last longer , treat them bad then beware.
3/. i dont know if there is a top ceiling on salery , but if you fail to handle emergencies correctly or endanger the aircraft and passengers , then you go to jail , career over , then you have to reset your career and start anew .
4/. cannot answer this as i have two CH throttle quads , yoke and peddles , set up in FSUIPC and A2A control configorator so i can handle all the controls .
regards Alan. 8)

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Hello Illi73 and welcome to the Connie Drivers Lounge 8)
Looks like you got your questions answered. I am on my third set of engines now. the most hours I have gotten from a set of engines is just over 700. I know I can do better but may have to wait for the old girl to be released in MSFS. I suggest you watch the thread "Connie Pilot - Post your Capt. Logs Here". This is a link to a post I made about 20 engine hours before I lost engine 4. I rebuilt all of them at that point.
https://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vi ... 05#p477318
Check out the thread and post your status as your career develops. I love flying the Connie.

Cheers
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

Illi73
Staff Sergeant

Post by Illi73 »

Thanks, Alan, this helps me a bit further on the way again. Nice to hear they put in some 'end of career' conditions. Hopefully I'm not going to see them (or at least, I'm not planning to) but if "stuff hits the fans" I'm not sure how well I'll be able to save myself (and the plane) out of the situation. I haven't seen any engine fires yet. Only an engine stopped (but I was still on the ground and it may have just loaded in 'badly'. I'm now loading in with the FSX default trike and then switching to the A2A plane as is recommended). I set the connie to 'auto-C&D on'.) Haven't tried to use the fire extinguisher yet, so I might find myself out of wits if something catches fire...

Thanks for the link to the thread, Roger! I'm not going to post followups of my career (at least not regularly) but it's cool to see some like to do so! I think by the time the engine has hit 'poor' I'm sure to replace it right away! (Maybe already when it's "fair" because I'm not trying to invite trouble! ;) )

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”