A2A lights not working

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: A2A lights not working

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi DomiMili.
It is NOT an aircraft.cfg issue , of that you can be certain.
You need to look seriously of doing the following going by your post in the C172 section as well as here.
1/. your frame rates at 11 make aircraft impossible to fly , you either need to turn sliders down till a good frame rate of at least 20 or get a better PC .
2/. Your sim from reading your posts is either corrupted by you uninstalling something you should not have or some update or addon or anti virus software .
Nick of A2A has told you some things to do to try and get you up and running please listen to him.
regards Alan. 8)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

It might also be worth checking out the DX10 fixer support forum on Avsim Domi.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/644- ... ort-forum/

For troubleshooting, it's probably best to disable DX10 and delete your shader cache by manually removing the following folder.

C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX

Regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

DomiMili
Airman

Post by DomiMili »

Thanks to both of you guys, even though DX10 initially boosted the performance, I was very angry when I got about 5FPS while flying the A2A 172.
This is enough, I'll probably just backup some things and uninstall both versions. Then I'd install it again and do everything all over including plane installation probably, since they have effect files, which may be corrupted.

Thanks,
Sad Domi

DomiMili
Airman

Post by DomiMili »

Guys, I'm so happy!
Didin't have to uninstall anything!

I managed to fix redux lights by myself, there was a missing file in FSX/texture called fx_circle_2.bmp
I downloaded a random plane that had this and installed redux again. No more squares!

But, there are still things not working in the A2A planes - all lights except landing lights, and there is no beam from the landing lights
Here is a picture of Carenado 208, strobe lights and beacon are working, navigation aren't. This is the same as A2A lights look.

I think there are still some textures missing.
So I'll try a reinstall of A2A planes since GPS screen textures broke.

If you have any ideas about the light textures, please let me know.
Regards,
Domi

DomiMili
Airman

Post by DomiMili »

With A2A lights there still is an issue, even after uninstall, no beautiful beam like redux lights have, nav lights aren't strong and virtual cockpit lights can't be turned on (those buttons overhead, the cockpit has the same colour).
I'm checking all fx files described in aircraft.cfg and then checking them to find their texture, seems ok so far.
When these lines in aircraft.cfg were there the outside lights weren't working
So, I removed the //
Right thing to do?
Still need to reinstall 182 and comanche :? , luckily the J3 doesn't have lights, or does it?
Any fix for the VC lights?

Thanks,
Domi

DomiMili
Airman

Post by DomiMili »

Also, Flusifix gave me this error while scanning gauges

c:\program files (x86)\fsx\simobjects\airplanes\a2a_c172\panel\panel.cfg
[WINDOW00]
gauge00=tester!tester, 420, 50, 400, 1000 //Missing gauge: tester (.gau, .cab, .dll or folder)
[WINDOW10]
gauge00=dbg!panel, 144,0 //Missing gauge: dbg (.gau, .cab, .dll or folder)
[WINDOW15]
gauge00=rxpgns!gns530,0,0,100,100 //Missing gauge: rxpgns (.gau, .cab, .dll or folder)

They do write that their tool is not 100% but just to tell you.
Interesting, that I reinstalled it before, so there should be no issue, there is no for 182 as far as I know, even though that one is more broken with the GPS not working.

Prolly should go to sleep now (1:30 AM)
Good night,
Domi

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi DomiMili.
The Aircraft.cfg IS NOT or WAS NOT the issue , you should NOT have changed the lights section , I told you this was not the fault I told you to please listen to Nick of A2A , then you do your own thing , how can anyone help you if you do not listen to the advice given , you have NOW introduced a snag on top of the original snag , put the light section of the aircraft.cfg back to the original so it looks like this:-

This is the default A2A C172 lights section and is same as mine , the lights are built into the model with A2A and modelled correctly , i might be wrong but i think redux lights are intened to alter lights on third party aircraft to improve them , to A2A aircraft standard , i dont have REDUX LIGHTS so Nick of A2A could tell you for certain .
regards Alan. 8)

DomiMili
Airman

Post by DomiMili »

So, only 2 issues now.
1. the lights aren't strong and there is no beam for the A2A planes.
For this Piper, I did the effects conversion in DX10 fixer
On this Cessna I didnť convert, this is the default.
2. the beam is not appearing on one side of the plane using redux lights
The "beam" is the green thing
It only appears if I'm looking from the blue side, if I go to the other side, it's gone.

I also noticed that similar effect is happening on the carenado nav lights

Questions:
Any way to have redux lights on A2A planes? That might solve the 1. issue.
Should I convert all lights in the DX10 fixer? Or should I leave them default?
Any fix for the disappearing ldg lights (2)?

Thank you,
Domi

DomiMili
Airman

Post by DomiMili »

Actually, I'm a genius.
I solved the first thing.
I tried to implement redux lights, that worked perfectly, but there was a big performance hit (from about 11 to 5 FPS), maybe the DX fixer could help? Anyways, here's the pic:
And, I even restored the normal C172 lights. You probably won't like this, but I simply did the same thing as before, just corrected the numbers to have VC lights ok.
This config then looks like this:
The nav lights still seem to be too dark and the strobe lights are working only from one angle same as the beam from landing lights (I heard that's a DX10 issue, but idk how to fix it)

I can't do the same thing in 182 because there are no entries like this in the .cfg so I'd have to reposition them or just copy-paste from 172 :D

So, do you guys have any better fix for this?
And what about the dissappearing?

Thanks,
Domi

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”