A2A lights not working

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
DomiMili
Airman

A2A lights not working

Post by DomiMili »

Hello, I just realized that from outside views, I can't see the actual light beam of landing lights. I do run in DX10 with fixer, but that shouldn't be the issue, since in DX9 it's not working aswell.
They do appear on ground and in the default cessna (that one for some reason have navigation lights with squares around them, maybe related), they might be also broken in other addon planes, but only checked Carenado 208. I tried reinstalling Redux with no help. I don't really want to reinstall planes, since I haven't changed anything there. Tried switching in the configurator to default landing lights with no effect.
Any ideas?
Hope there will, since it's frustrating, thank you.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: A2A lights not working

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Domimili.
No one can help you without more info.
1/. What sim FSX/FSXSE/P3Dv1/2/3/4/5
2/. What is your PC operating system WIN7/10 ectra
regards Alan. 8)

DomiMili
Airman

Post by DomiMili »

Sorry to not specify, I'm using FSX-SE on Windows 10

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi DomiMili.
I have FSX acceleration in win 7 so the sim is more or less equal to yours .
Start FSXSE goto setting-display \ aircraft \ exterior settings and check you have a tick in box for Aircraft landing lights illuminate on ground
Also search this forum , in the redux lights section i have FSX default lights .
regards Alan. 8)

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

I believe you need to run the aircraft configurator and select the option for the sissy landing lights effects of something along that description.

I believe your sim is configured correctly because you had mentioned that the default aircraft are working ok.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

DomiMili
Airman

Post by DomiMili »

The lights can be seen on the ground, the beam isn't showing up, the square lights could be due to some effect corruption as I've seen Image this is the default cessna. This doesn't happen on the A2A tho, The navigation lights seem to be a little dark maybe, they seem to be shining, but no beam is coming from the landing lights.

DomiMili
Airman

Post by DomiMili »

This is it in the A2A cessna. The lights are working, but they are not shining (landing lights do on the ground, nothing else)

DomiMili
Airman

Post by DomiMili »

Here is the default cessna's beam I'm talking about. What is also weird and makes me angry is, that it dissappears from certain angles - from the front.
I'm lost.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

the squares could be due to using old mods not meant for fsx and also your settings in FSX itself. Best to fix that as it could be the cause of all your issues if you have addons that have overwritten default light files etc.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

DomiMili
Airman

Post by DomiMili »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 28 Apr 2021, 08:36 the squares could be due to using old mods not meant for fsx and also your settings in FSX itself. Best to fix that as it could be the cause of all your issues if you have addons that have overwritten default light files etc.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Not sure which files to check, I did replace my files in fsx/effects from a friend's fsx. That didn't help with any of these.
So, what files should I be looking at?

DomiMili
Airman

Post by DomiMili »

Tried the same thing with FSX/texture same result

DomiMili
Airman

Post by DomiMili »

This happened when I uninstalled redux lights. No navigation lights, no beam. When redux installed, the beam is visible only from that angles that this halo light wouldn't be visible. Also, there are square lights. What files should I replace for the default ones? Before I install redux again

DomiMili
Airman

Post by DomiMili »

I also noticed, only broken planes as far as I know are the A2A and default (other I tried are carenado c172 and 208 and the diamond katana, they worked).
Here you can clearly see the beam worked 5 days ago. I think an old scenery might have broken it, but that's not 100%. I already did uninstall it.

Please help

DomiMili
Airman

Post by DomiMili »

A little update, the lights are working in default baron and 737. So as far as I know, only A2A and default cessna have this issue.
That is kinda good, but also bad, since A2A is what I fly all the time...
Also, since introducing DX10 to my sim to boost FPS, I had to change to default landing lights due to loss of mouse click. What is the difference between these two - default and custom? Do you have any screenshots where I could compare them?
Regards,
Domi

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

With your lights being all over, if you are on steam edition it looks like you want to run a re-verify of your FSX in order to try and get you back to stock as your install has the symptoms of being somewhat broken with default lights displaying incorrectly etc.

Also remember if you are running dx10 mode this is not supported its only a preview and things will indeed be fundamentally broken with the caveat that you can use the payware Steves DX10 fixer program to help bring the stability and extra eye candy to FSX.

thanks
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”