A2A lights not working

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
DomiMili
Airman

Re: A2A lights not working

Post by DomiMili »

Hello, thanks for the response. I'm running the steam edition, but I have it installed from a disk, not via steam (I know, it's not usual, but that's how it was bought). So, I can replace files from another install, but I can't do a file check.
So, if I know which file to replace, I can do that.

I am running DX10 with the scenery fixer, but that shouldn't be the issue, since the 2nd install works fine with DX10.

So, what files should I look at? What light effects do A2A planes use? And what is the difference between default and custom lights in the configurator (to know if it's worth it to use DX9 with lower FPS but better lights)?

Thanks,
Domi

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

DomiMili wrote: 29 Apr 2021, 07:20 I'm running the steam edition, but I have it installed from a disk, not via steam (I know, it's not usual, but that's how it was bought). So, I can replace files from another install, but I can't do a file check.
Do you mean you got hold of a DVD from somewhere with the installed FSX files saved on them to save you having to download them via Steam? If so, and provided you have a legitimate copy of FSX-SE purchased through the Steam store, you should still be able to verify the integrity of the game files in Steam.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

DomiMili
Airman

Post by DomiMili »

No, it was not purchased from steam. It is just a dvd.
So, I think I can't do that, I don't even have steam. But that is not important. I'm not able to do the steam repair.

What I can do is use a new FSX which I installed from the disk, that can be used to replace any files you want me to.

Regards,
Domi

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

If you're running the "Steam Edition" of FSX via a DVD without even having Steam installed, it sounds like you may be using a bootleg copy of the sim Domi. In this case, it's not surprising that you're having some problems.

Regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

DomiMili
Airman

Post by DomiMili »

I had to search for what "bootleg" means. I'm not sure how exactly is it described in the EULA if I have to have steam, but if you pay for it, it shouldn't be illegal, right?

Still, it did work before and the 2nd FSX I installed is also working with lights

I really don't want to transfer every single addon to the new FSX, also because of some freeware texture changes which I don't have the files for.
Also, not sure if addon planes, like the rikoo 787 (which came with installation file) wil work if I just move the files (I aswell removed the 3gigs install to save space, and I don't feel like downloading every single plane again)

And, I already have windows junctions that point to another directory outside FSX (while thinking it helps loading times and performance, not sure if that's true), so I'd have to make them again.

So, can I know which files to transfer? Or do I really have to move everything and then see if it works?

Thanks,
Domi

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

DomiMili wrote: 29 Apr 2021, 11:07 but if you pay for it, it shouldn't be illegal, right?
Well, sadly that's not always true. However, if you can let us know where you purchased the DVD from, we might be able to get a better idea of what version of the sim you actually have installed on your system.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

DomiMili
Airman

Post by DomiMili »

My version should be:
Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe
10.0.62607.0 (FSX.20141212-2206)

I don't know where it was bought, since I wasn't the one buying it, sorry.
Still don't think that would affect the sim in any way, since it was working before

Thanks,
Domi

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the info Domi. That version number confirms it's an old version of FSX-SE that's installed on your system. You really need to purchase a copy of the software from the Steam store if you want to use FSX-SE with product support.

Regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

DomiMili
Airman

Post by DomiMili »

That is dissappointing. But I'm not sure if I want to spend money on 2006 sim again. I think this version would be enough, before I get better PC and FS2020.

But still. I'm 99.9% sure, that is not the version issue, but file issue (again, it was working before). Are there any files I could replace?

Thanks,
Domi

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Can't really help with suggesting files to replace Domi, as we have no idea what your installation media included, or even it if may have introduced malware into your system. That's always a risk when installing software which doesn't come from a reputable source. Not sure which part of the world you're in, but FSX-SE is discounted from time-to-time on Steam by up to 75%.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

DomiMili
Airman

Post by DomiMili »

I am from Czech republic.

As I said a thousand times now, it did work before. The cause is probably a file corruption (maybe from a scenery, which I deleted, but only from "addon scenery, not sure if it has remains elsewhere) if I had to guess. Not sure what files to replace.
The 2nd FSX I installed works perfectly.
Hope you get me.

Thanks,
Domi

DomiMili
Airman

Post by DomiMili »

And maybe another question that I already asked: Will planes work if I just grab the files and move to the other install of FSX? It would save me a ton of issues like downloading the installers and installing time, also I wouldn't have to copy every single aircraft.cfg.

Thanks,
Domi

DomiMili
Airman

Post by DomiMili »

Nevermind, I'm 100% sure what it is.

It's /FSX/Textures file corruption
I was able to break the 2nd FSX just by swapping them. Then I transwered the new "original" texture to the old FSX.

That one would be working, but I ran the DX10 fixer, which broke the old one aswell (so I have 2 broken now :-))
And I'm also sure the DX10 fixer broke it.
This is the error it gave me (DX fixer)
Do I have the fixer badly set up?

Also, I got this interesting iluminati sign hehe
Spoiler alert / if you go to space it slowly reveals it's a square /

Thanks,
Domi

DomiMili
Airman

Post by DomiMili »

Update:
I don't think the texture nor effects folder are the ones responsible, since I tried using the original ones with no success.
I'm lost.

Regards,
Frustrated Domi

DomiMili
Airman

Post by DomiMili »

Maybe it's aircraft.cfg issue

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”